The Stand-off!

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Although the first couple of days of my photography break at RSPB Bempton Cliffs were a weather write-off, a couple of days were productive enough to give me a headache contemplating all of the processing (it's far easier and quicker to press the shutter button! :D ).

A couple of Northern Gannets squabble over a piece of the cliffs.

The Stand-off
by Roger, on Flickr

Nice shot

The weather is just dreadful so glad you managed a few ok days, I was planning on going in the next week or so but looking at the forecast it deffo on hold at the moment :-(

Nice shot

The weather is just dreadful so glad you managed a few ok days, I was planning on going in the next week or so but looking at the forecast it deffo on hold at the moment :-(
Speaking to the staff at Bempton Cliffs, they are worried that June, their busiest time, will be a washout ... it was definitely a time for waterproofs for both me and the equipment!
Rain is one thing but the persistent heavy mist made things impossible.

Very nice social capture!

Glad you managed a couple of days in the end Roger it must have been really frustrating thinking you might not get any time out photographing them

Glad you managed a couple of days in the end Roger it must have been really frustrating thinking you might not get any time out photographing them

Thanks Adam, it was frustrating as it was no-go on Tuesday & Wednesday, little chance on Thursday but Friday and Saturday worked out for me, although not without being caught in several downpours and with enough photos in the end to keep me busy processing forquite a few hours! :)

Bloody hell you did well and considering the weather the worst for years this time of year
Thanks Kevin ... even my wallet got wet and that never comes out of my pocket! :D

Back