Notice The TP 52 Challenge for 2021 chat / discussion thread Week 52 Showcase

We had snow, over night / early hours, and now the rain is washing it away fast.

Grrr. We have rain.
We had snow, over night / early hours, and now the rain is washing it away fast.
Not a flake here, just good old rain
Oh I’m so jealous!! I want to play in the snow... No chance of it here in the south west.

I peaked to early :LOL: We had quite a bit but very wet snow so its very slushy and the sky very dark and grey... nothing to get excited about I'm afraid :(

Got a couple of dirty candidates today but I'll keep them in the bank for now :)

Got a couple of dirty candidates today but I'll keep them in the bank for now :)

That sounds like some kind of tactical posting...

Doesn't everyone just frantically scurry around until they get something that could (in a dim light) pass as relevant for the theme?

That sounds like some kind of tactical posting...

Doesn't everyone just frantically scurry around until they get something that could (in a dim light) pass as relevant for the theme?
Sounds like what I do most of the time.

We have snow :banana::banana::clap::banana::banana:
Grrr. We have rain.
Not a flake here, just good old rain
Oh I’m so jealous!! I want to play in the snow... No chance of it here in the south west.
I peaked to early :LOL: We had quite a bit but very wet snow so its very slushy and the sky very dark and grey... nothing to get excited about I'm afraid :(
If it's any consolation - we have dust.

And smog.

(And the occasional riot - but let's gloss over that...)

Got loads of snow on the hills here but they're a bit far so not accessible to me at the moment. Shame really I'm missing my walks.

Finding this weeks theme really difficult! Cannot think of anything for it so far!

Finding this weeks theme really difficult! Cannot think of anything for it so far!
A pile of dishes?
A couple of used glasses / coffee cups?

Same boat...
I had a plan, but it isn't going to happen (subject didn't go for a ride on his motocross bike)
Then dirt.... Cat litter boxes hmmm... decisions, decisions...

I was just messin with my new macro lens yesterday, took a couple of shots of buttons on my TV remote, revealing dirt I didn't know was there. That's a good one for the theme I think.

It's Thursday Eve! #excited! :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Still not done Dirty yet. Not stopped throwing it down so will have to be an indoor photo I think.

Sounds about right.. weather forecast - p*****g it down tomorrow :)
Maybe a "sweltering" type theme may be in order in that case (y)

What are people thought of behind the scenes photos or explanations in your own personal thread?
I have done it and noticed this week that I am not alone, do people take inspiration from it, does it help to visualise how that photo was taken? does it help develop peoples skills by replicating and trying something they haven't done before :rolleyes:
Just wondering :thinking::thinking::thinking:

What are people thought of behind the scenes photos or explanations in your own personal thread?
I have done it and noticed this week that I am not alone, do people take inspiration from it, does it help to visualise how that photo was taken? does it help develop peoples skills by replicating and trying something they haven't done before :rolleyes:

I rather enjoy seeing the background images to studio style shots.. as its not something I generally do myself I am always fascinated by the varied setups. It does make me thing about trying it out for myself so my vote would be helpful. I can't imagine it would be as interesting for my usual landscapes... :)

A *pullback* shot? I'm happy to include one when I remember, or when I think it might be of interest.

Also, someone mentioned EXIF data, my pics don't show it, because I have a habit of copy&pasting the image in and out of different pp editors. I do sometimes click on a pic and if it's on flickr I can see what it was taken with, the f/. number etc. I could include that sort of info if anyone's interested. Thurs gets closer as we speak. I can't believe how easy the dirty theme is, once we had 'envy' !!!!!!

I can't believe how easy the dirty theme is,
I'm just easing the the new recruits in ;)

once we had 'envy' !!!!!!
And we may again :D

I think some times it helps to give a little depth and meaning to the image.
Sometimes the image is self explanatory.
But if you mean "How to" you can always in the particular thread :)

I'm happy to add a behind the scenes (bts) shot if it'll help anybody, it's just remembering to take it. I do also take a bts shot for myself, just for reference for future photos.

I like the idea and liked your one, plus @Nostromo one was a good one too. At the end of the day it is good to see and maybe help others.

Time to get your thinking caps on
Week 03 Rock/Stone

I enjoy seeing how people have got the shot if people are happy to share it.

This weeks will be late from me, still isolating until Sunday then a night shift :(
No worries we all understand the issues that people have.
Just catch up when you can (y)

Happy with Week 3 theme. Should be able to get something I like.

Far too many happy people. I failed :(

:D

Back