Notice The TP 52 Challenge for 2021 chat / discussion thread Week 52 Showcase

I had boxed up all my camera stuff as was going to get rid, but I have unpacked it all as some how I want to keep it all as there is light at the end of the tunnel. I will be carrying on with my 52 but not sure when I do actually re start it up again. While logged out I have been looking at the images and it is a joy to see them.
Don't do anything rash Dave. Take your time and I'm sure you'll get back to enjoying photography. Best of luck with your Mum's recovery.

Anyone that follows the list of themes will know what this weeks theme is.
Just to re-iterate for the new guys Snappers Choice
Have a week off, use it to catch up, or take an image of your choice.

Some find this quite difficult having a "free hand" ie no guidance as to the theme.

Last edited:
Snappers Choice! Free at last! But after only four weeks I find I am institutionalised and cannot function without orders; now I have to actually think for myself :D

Snappers Choice! Free at last! But after only four weeks I find I am institutionalised and cannot function without orders; now I have to actually think for myself :D
The struggle is real :D

As one of the new guys I appreciate @Cobra explaining the concept. I had kinda guessed that was the case but it doesn't go wrong a little clarification.
I'm going to try and get outdoors again I think for a shot rather than a still life. What are everyone else's plans/intentions with this one?

As one of the new guys I appreciate @Cobra explaining the concept. I had kinda guessed that was the case but it doesn't go wrong a little clarification.
I'm going to try and get outdoors again I think for a shot rather than a still life. What are everyone else's plans/intentions with this one?
Well I've been outside for 2 themes in a row now (which is unlike me), so I feel a still life is on the cards.

I've got my eyes on some local duckies :banana:

I'm going for something topical: masked crusaders, blue rubber gloves. Might be a selfie. :thinking:

I had boxed up all my camera stuff as was going to get rid, but I have unpacked it all as some how I want to keep it all as there is light at the end of the tunnel. I will be carrying on with my 52 but not sure when I do actually re start it up again. While logged out I have been looking at the images and it is a joy to see them.

There's always light Dave, it's just about the length of the tunnel and who and what is there to help you get to it mate. Even if you don't do the actual 52 and your "spectating", I can pretty much guarantee something will come up you want to actually shoot and show.

Anyone that follows the list of themes will know what this weeks theme is.
Just to re-iterate for the new guys Snappers Choice
Have a week off, use it to catch up, or take an image of your choice.

Some find this quite difficult having a "free hand" ie no guidance as to the theme.

Indeed! AND some of us still havent done the FILL THE FRAME, which means theres only this and 3 more themes to do both!

That's me :ROFLMAO:

Ditto.

What are everyone else's plans/intentions with this one?
Hopefuilly the weather will cheer up over the week end and I can get the macro lens out (y)

I agree with @ShinySideUp ....my brain hurts if I have to think too much :runaway: only four weeks in and we already have to think of something ourselves
Indeed! AND some of us still havent done the FILL THE FRAME, which means theres only this and 3 more themes to do both!
These snappers choice themes are perfect for also completing the technique if you have not already done so (y)

What are everyone else's plans/intentions with this one?

We're redoing our "COVID stopped play" trip to Prescott for some snowy hiking / paddling / biking from an Airbnb - only taking 5 cameras (7 between the two of us) so I'm sure I'll be able to find something to make a picture from...

Hi everyone, I am back and up to date, but not commented and not sure if i will ever catch up so i will probably leave it for this week.
I just looked through a few comments on here how is Fuji Dave's family?
I hope everyone else is well.

Hi everyone, I am back and up to date, but not commented and not sure if i will ever catch up so i will probably leave it for this week.
I just looked through a few comments on here how is Fuji Dave's family?
I hope everyone else is well.

Hi Clive sadly I lost my motherinlaw and also my daughter, Mum is actually doing very good at the moment thank god.

On another note: Damn snappers choice my blankity blank :eek::eek:

Dug out my old flash gear thinking I'll do some off camera flash, got soft boxes and stands and stuff laying about I forgot i had!

However the panasonic G3 only has a sync speed of 160th of a second which is crap for this shot :-( I have a back up selfie in IR which I may use if my other macro idea doesn't come off by tomorrow though, so at least I have options.

I have an idea but it requires getting out of the house which is proving difficult at the minute.

What happened to the website yesterday? I couldn't get in at all. Was it snowed under?

It's that day again and it nearly passed me by!!!!

THURSDAAAAAAAY EEEEEEVE!!!!!! :banana: :clap: :banana:

What ever this week's is I'll have to do last week's and this one at weekend. Not being able to go anywhere beyond local is really annoying.

Week 06
Double trouble?

Pair

Back