Notice The TP 52 Challenge for 2021 chat / discussion thread Week 52 Showcase

Got me a nice pair today - but will sit on it for now in case another happens along :)

But I already did that one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I know, I do get these complaints occasionally.
All I can say is, some people just aren't capable of looking ahead
:D

Catching up with this thread and my sympathies to @CliveH and @Fuji Dave for your losses last month. Clive, I do remember that photo of your Dad and I'm sure you will treasure it.

It's fair to say I didn't cope at all well with our second lockdown :( Not sure why but this time my concentration was all over the place and motivation non-existent. My thoughts go to everyone who has been dealing with it for months and not just a few weeks like me. I did look in once to get the first two themes and I have now got the full list so will try to get processing and posting again. Sorry for being a wimp and looking forward to seeing everyone's images.

Oh Andrea, this lockdown business is frustrating, but surely you can get out & about locally, weather permitting.

We've taken to binging on mini (& maxi) series on Netflix. I've watched more TV in the last year than I have in my entire life. It's a good way of switching off. And I'm enjoying the 52s this year, after a couple of years off.

Looking forward to seeing your photos, I admire your work, most of it. :ROFLMAO: ;) xx d

It's fair to say I didn't cope at all well with our second lockdown :( Not sure why but this time my concentration was all over the place and motivation non-existent. My thoughts go to everyone who has been dealing with it for months and not just a few weeks like me. I did look in once to get the first two themes and I have now got the full list so will try to get processing and posting again. Sorry for being a wimp and looking forward to seeing everyone's images.

You're definitely not being a wimp.. I think a lot of people are finding this lockdown more difficult than previous. Like you I have days where my motivation (and mood) is at a very low ebb. I find myself getting angry and frustrated when I see people flagrantly doing as they please and ignoring / bending the restrictions to suit themselves but have to tell myself that I can't control what others do and my annoyance is just a result of being locked down! The 52 has got me out of the house, thinking and taking more notice of my immediate vicinity so has helped in a number of ways. Hope it does the same for you!

Catching up with this thread and my sympathies to @CliveH and @Fuji Dave for your losses last month. Clive, I do remember that photo of your Dad and I'm sure you will treasure it.

Thank you Andrea, please stick with your 52 as I have always loved seeing your images. This lockdown has been the hardest/worst for me and I have come close to sacking my photography a few times with what has happend but I will stick to the photo taking and my 52 as I love photography so much. You are definitely not a wimp in these very strange times but we will ALL get through it.

Tough times for sure - stay safe and stay strong all - it ain't over yet!

And of course - IT'S THURSDAY EEEEEEEVE!!!!! :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Oh Andrea, this lockdown business is frustrating, but surely you can get out & about locally, weather permitting.

We've taken to binging on mini (& maxi) series on Netflix. I've watched more TV in the last year than I have in my entire life. It's a good way of switching off. And I'm enjoying the 52s this year, after a couple of years off.

Looking forward to seeing your photos, I admire your work, most of it. :ROFLMAO: ;) xx d

Thanks, David :p I know what you mean about getting out locally and I do usually take my camera when walking the dog etc, but I had absolutely zero interest in using it and my head was like mush. I think partly because the island had been back to normal-ish for several months so the lockdown last month came as a shock and this time I struggled. I have much greater understanding now of how it has and is affecting people. The weather has been abysmal too but I've had a couple of photo outings now so I should get caught up soon. Thanks again for the virtual boot up the rear :D

You're definitely not being a wimp.. I think a lot of people are finding this lockdown more difficult than previous. Like you I have days where my motivation (and mood) is at a very low ebb. I find myself getting angry and frustrated when I see people flagrantly doing as they please and ignoring / bending the restrictions to suit themselves but have to tell myself that I can't control what others do and my annoyance is just a result of being locked down! The 52 has got me out of the house, thinking and taking more notice of my immediate vicinity so has helped in a number of ways. Hope it does the same for you!

Thanks Helen, I agree, it has been the strangest of times and while I was trying to keep other people's spirits up I found I was feeling as grey as the weather and quite detached from everything. Last year, like you, I found photography was a good distraction but last month was a slog and I hardly touched it. I have been taking photos since last week so hopefully my enthusiasm will return. I always enjoy seeing everyone's 52 threads so I will process the images I've done so far and then start visiting!

Thank you Andrea, please stick with your 52 as I have always loved seeing your images. This lockdown has been the hardest/worst for me and I have come close to sacking my photography a few times with what has happend but I will stick to the photo taking and my 52 as I love photography so much. You are definitely not a wimp in these very strange times but we will ALL get through it.

Thanks Dave, I know you have had a really tough time of it and it's great that you have kept your gear and you're still posting. I think once I have processed the images I took last month for the 52 it will be easy to keep going, and I'm meeting up with our photo club tonight so hopefully that will get my brain back into photography mode!

I guess we have all been glued to the TV one way of another over the past months,
Time to get your thinking caps on, and ( depict ) a Film.

No idea what to do with that one.

MV5BNjYxMzQ5MjU0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ5MDQxOA@@._V1_.jpg

That is a good theme for this week but despite being almost glued to the tv for the past year, I can't think of a single film to do!!!

Good news is that the snow has all gone from up here - we are at a balmy 7 degrees!! Time to put the short sleeved tshirts back on!

Welcome back. I often think we never know what people’s lives are like away from TP, how much time or stress they have. The 52 is always low priority.

I have also been indulging myself in more tv watching. My two adult children are now living back at home so the dynamics have changed, but we have enjoyed watching some Netflix series together like The Queen’s Gambit. Currently we are hooked on Call My Agent - just started season 2.

I looked up on the internet that there are possibly in excess of 2.7 million films, tv series, documentaries etc. that have been made since 1890, mind you that is cut in half if you take out the remakes of Robin Hood! In any event, there is plenty of scope for imagination with this subject and I am already spoiled for choice.

Can anyone think of a film with a squirrel in it?

The Hunt for Red October
Monty Python and the Holy Drey
Vertigo (a squirrel was the stunt double for Kim Novak)
Groundhog Drey
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (look at Peter Sellers' hair - that's a squirrel if ever I saw one)
Close Encounters of the Furred Kind
Gone With the Wind (with the famous horizontal flying squirrel)

Part of me wants to take a photo of a bus for this film.

the_big_bus.jpg

Oh my goodness! Who would have guessed there were so many films with squirrels in them?!! Thank you so much everyone.

I don't know if I should break the news now or later that I've thought of something else... :ROFLMAO: :exit: A squirrel may still feature though, depending on how active they are this week....
Note to self.... try Google first...

When I posted a picture on the 52 Photo's only thread in the past I'm sure that if I linked to a Flickr picture that picture would come up on the thread as within the bounds of the page even if I'd posted it at full resolution, but now I find I have to link it with a smaller size to make it fit. Has something changed or have I changed something -- or am I just plain wrong?

When I posted a picture on the 52 Photo's only thread in the past I'm sure that if I linked to a Flickr picture that picture would come up on the thread as within the bounds of the page even if I'd posted it at full resolution, but now I find I have to link it with a smaller size to make it fit. Has something changed or have I changed something -- or am I just plain wrong?
I'm not sure what's happening there TBH.
If you link via the BB code the forum should re-size the linked image for the forum.

Back