Notice The TP 52 Challenge for 2021 chat / discussion thread Week 52 Showcase

Why haven't you used it? Surely Sony must be like Fuji, in that the Kit lenses are very good ?
I think kit lens in general have come a very long way, the early 18-55 canon kit was a little dire, to be polite :D

But my 15-45 kit for the Canon M50 is a blinding lens.
A lot of my general 52 images were taken with it.
even some of the macro stuff... ( obviously cropped in)

I think kit lens in general have come a very long way, the early 18-55 canon kit was a little dire, to be polite :D

But my 15-45 kit for the Canon M50 is a blinding lens.
A lot of my general 52 images were taken with it.
even some of the macro stuff... ( obviously cropped in)
Agreed. The first proper lens upgrade I made on my first APSC Canon was to swap out the 18-55 kit for a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
On the Fuji's I do tend to stick with my primes. But I have no qualms about using the kit lens when I need to go wider than 23mm, or when I need to travel with just 1 body and lens.

IT'S THURSDAY EEEEEEEEVE!!!! :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Can somone explain to this thicko why there's a week 0?

Are there 52 weeks in a year or not? :thinking:

It only happens when we get a spare week, so if anyone wanted to test the waters so to speak they can do a test week :thinking:
Teachers pet has it (y)
Its happened maybe 2 or 3 times since I'v been running it..
Its not compulsory more to get the new starters started.
But of course the oldies can play if they want, or just take a breather (y)

I don't bother with a week 0, hard enough doing 52.
I think I've made it to about mid 20s before and tried maybe 3 times.
2021 will be the year I complete it I hope.

Teachers pet has it (y)
Its happened maybe 2 or 3 times since I'v been running it..
Its not compulsory more to get the new starters started.
But of course the oldies can play if they want, or just take a breather (y)

Mr Google explained it for me...

The weeks of the year in a Gregorian calendar are numbered from week 1 to week 52 or 53, depending on several varying factors. Most years have 52 weeks, but if the year starts on a Thursday or is a leap year that starts on a Wednesday, that particular year will have 53 numbered weeks.

The game is afoot...
Off to an easy start for newbies and oldies...
Practice round Week 0

(something) Nearby

Mr Google explained it for me...

The weeks of the year in a Gregorian calendar are numbered from week 1 to week 52 or 53, depending on several varying factors. Most years have 52 weeks, but if the year starts on a Thursday or is a leap year that starts on a Wednesday, that particular year will have 53 numbered weeks.

I'm still confused.com :thinking: 2021 begins on a Friday so only 52 weeks. Where's Week 0 come from????

I'm still confused.com :thinking: 2021 begins on a Friday so only 52 weeks. Where's Week 0 come from????
Welcome to the twilight zone where anything is possible (y)

"our week" Starts on a Thursday and there just happens to be 53 Thursdays in 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: rpn

"our week" Starts on a Thursday and there just happens to be 53 Thursdays in 2021

So week 1 starts in 2021, so week 0 is a test shot. So if we leave it till next Thursday, that means we start next year in 2021 hope that clears this up :p:sony:

OOOps you made a mistake :p

I'm confused (not hard, i'll admit), but i'm off too. Good luck everyone and have a great 2021!

Soooo.... does Week 0 have a theme or is it open?

Already done mine, just waiting to get on the pc to do my thread and what not.

Can somone explain to this thicko why there's a week 0?

Are there 52 weeks in a year or not? :thinking:
Interestingly we did Week 0 in 2014 through 2018 in the 52, and your first 52 challenge post was in-fact Week 0 2018.
it was actually set on Sunday 31/12/17

I did think that today should be week 53 of 2020 but then I'm not one to contradict either teacher or his pet :exit:

Yes there were 53 Thursdays in 2020, but it's more of a tradition to do Week 0 as the extra week rather than Week 53 (We've never had a week 53 theme - at least for as long as I can go back over the records).

Last edited:
I did think that today should be week 53 of 2020 but then I'm not one to contradict either teacher or his pet :exit:

Or today as week 1 of 53 in 2021 seeing as most of the week is in 2021 [ Cat --> Pigeons ] :D

Is 2 metres Nearby enough?

ACtC-3dcIPH1-gypwHsjHN-F0Cv_55EUnYTm1IBDMdhId0X1hPkRH_mMNJMA5FHwwgQ790onM26SZDBZd7_NXmqwwuAuKKulWNC10ovp8L5mK_Pmn57Co_0NKEekdQxN1Hofyj0yue70Tbf1ffNJMjrgTPsHeg=w479-h391-no

Last edited:
Back