Notice The TP 52 Challenge for 2021 chat / discussion thread Week 52 Showcase

Last edited:
Nah, it's the 2021 Week 0. I think that's always in the preceding year. So 21 is correct :)
Agreed but it was still announced in 2020 ...
Oh what the hell. Happy? new year to all when ( if ) it arrives (y)

2021's tally is up to 52 now :)

I'm going to pimp @Cobra's Howto link in here again

This really does have the info that anyone new to the 52 needs. Please have a read through.
And feel free to ask in here if anything confuses / or you need assistance. We don't bite! :muted: :muted:

Just a couple of things to re-iterate guys, before we really get cracking. Most of you know this but some may have missed it.
Its going to be a tough start to the year so as per last year Re-edit an archive is freely available to use with any theme.
So mostly for the new Guys & Gals
@bodensee
@Boots
@Chayangel86
@Connor79
@ecniv
@Flashblind
@foolycooly
@footman
@kh_42
@Stegosaurus
@Thedodo
@Trillian

And finally, the serious bit ... there is an unwritten rule here.
This is a friendly safe place to chat and post images.
All attitudes, ego's and conflicted personalities from other threads
will be left at the door.
Thanks (y)

Serious bit done and so with that
Happy New Year
to you all, and happy snapping.

smiley-vector-happy-face-260nw-465566966.jpg

Last edited:
@foolycooly have a read through this, it will help you get your thread set up.

Not long to go until week 1 really looking forward to it. Seem a lot of participants this time round, don't remember so many last time I gave it ago.

Not long to go until week 1 really looking forward to it. Seem a lot of participants this time round, don't remember so many last time I gave it ago.
Heya Rob.
The starting numbers (posts in week 1) for the years you've entered were:
2014: 86
2016: 79
2019: 50
Week 1 numbers for 2021 won't be available for a couple of weeks... We'll see eh?

"You can only leave your home
to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure"

That doesn't sound good does it. Going to be a lot of photos of my garden and house. Lol

"You can only leave your home to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure"

I like to take things literally, if only for amusement. This statement is a bit of a nonsense as it appears you can exercise but you can't exercise for fun, implying that only people who hate running can go running otherwise it's a leisure pursuit and against the rules. So if I like to play chess and enjoy it then I can't do it as the previously stated rule says I can't do anything that's fun. But what if I say I don't like chess and therefore can do it, nothing says I can't lie about what I think is fun. Unless of course I find lying is fun, in which case I am not allowed to do it...and now we find ourselves in an infinite loop. You like lying but you can't do it, but you can lie that you do it and therefore are having fun...but you can't do it..................

In some ways Covid is rather fun...which makes me immune because I'm not allowed to have fun.

End of article.

The serious bit:

I appreciate that NOTHING about COVID is fun and realise that some on here may have lost people or know people that have. None of this nonsense is intended to trivialise the real danger that many of us (of a certain age) face. Keep safe and keep away from, well, everyone really.

The serious bit:

I appreciate that NOTHING about COVID is fun and realise that some on here may have lost people or know people that have. None of this nonsense is intended to trivialise the real danger that many of us (of a certain age) face. Keep safe and keep away from, well, everyone really.
Thanks for making me smile Martin.. I agree that there is nothing funny about COVID but we can at least find something to smile about - otherwise life would be even more grim than it is at the moment!

"You can only leave your home to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure"
I've not caught up with this lock-downs finer details as yet.. but
That is going to make the 2021 52 very interesting ..
Lots of shoe horns and re-edits

which makes me immune because I'm not allowed to have fun.
I must admit I chuckled too :D

I've got this worked out - I dont like doing Astro work this time of year because its cold.

I've got to walk a decent distance out the back of my house and down the (very) dark heathland where literally no one else is in the middle of the night - thats the exersize bit ticked off.

So I'll go do some Astro work as its a good long walk, and I wont enjoy it - and to make sure I dont like it, I'll take the wrong lens.

As Thursday approaches, he sits twiddling his thumbs ....

... an expression of at least a moderate amount of manual dexterity, thumb twiddling is frequently used as an example of a useless, time-wasting activity

©Wikipedia

It's Thursday Eve and I've got a new lens to play with :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Move over - I'm the same lockdown boat as most of you from tomorrow. The island closed its borders last March and by summer Covid-19 was eradicated from the community so we have been living almost 'normally' ever since, but unfortunately there have been a few cases since Christmas so we start a three-week 'circuit breaker' lockdown tomorrow :(

After feeling very fortunate for the last six months, I will be waiting for Cobra to pull another lockdown-friendly theme tomorrow!

Move over - I'm the same lockdown boat as most of you from tomorrow. The island closed its borders last March and by summer Covid-19 was eradicated from the community so we have been living almost 'normally' ever since, but unfortunately there have been a few cases since Christmas so we start a three-week 'circuit breaker' lockdown tomorrow :(

After feeling very fortunate for the last six months, I will be waiting for Cobra to pull another lockdown-friendly theme tomorrow!

Well somebody must have brought it in to you, descend upon them with torches and pitchforks. At least that would be my sentiment after so long without any cases.

Seem to be a few people submitting pictures to the 'images only' thread without any links to their own thread, only a Flickr link. Not a problem but no one can comment without the link -- of course that may be the point :)

I wish we could have closed our borders to passengers on the Isle of Wight [emoji16] We have gone from being one of the lowest to one of the highest ☹️ over 800 cases per 100k the other day.

Hopefully your circuit breaker will do the trick and the 52 will keep your mind off it [emoji4]

Back