The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

My bad. I would have sworn I commented on the others, I remember thinking that the glider was a cool shot.
And I could of swore I responded to your very first post telling you what it was, but I must of edited into the image post.

Tim I just want to complete the 52 and have fun doing it, i am not looking for arguments, if you want to comment on my thread please feel free, as for calling you out, I am sorry I simply did not, I just offered a different opinion, I often have different opinions to others. I ask you in all honesty if it had been someone else would you have replied in the way you did?

as for calling you out, I am sorry I simply did not, I just offered a different opinion
Best ignore those who have set themselves up as the judge of what is and is not technique, especially as the spread sheet is no longer a true reflection of the 52.
That's not an opinion, that's being downright nasty.
if it had been someone else would you have replied in the way you did?
Yes, I felt quite offended.

Look, I've offered an Olive Branch, shall we just leave it at that?
I probably won't comment on your thread (probably for the best at the moment).
I'd rather you didn't comment on me or mine.
But I'll do my best to keep you up to date on the spreadsheet.

Deal ?

That's not an opinion, that's being downright nasty.

Yes, I felt quite offended.

Look, I've offered an Olive Branch, shall we just leave it at that?
I probably won't comment on your thread (probably for the best at the moment).
I'd rather you didn't comment on me or mine.
But I'll do my best to keep you up to date on the spreadsheet.

Deal ?
For the sake of the others in the 52 if that is how you want it, deal.

I'm putting a stop to this now.
With each ( next) new technique I'll post the dictionary definition.
People can either join in and adhere to it or not.
Its their choice

Last edited:
I hate, hate, hate this sort of thing. It puts me right off. I'm a happy you lucky kind of guy, I let thing go, I don't hold grudges and really don't like disagreements (although I know they happen). It's not what this 52 is about. All this going back and forth is pointless, no one wins, no one comes out on top and it'll put others of from commenting.

Shall we chat about something else?

Here's a question for you all - which of the remaining techniques do you fear the most? Or on the filp side - which one are you hoping will get pulled?

For me it would be HDR for fear - I genuinely have no idea how you go about it. Or panning because I'm confident I will be carp at it! Oh - and the most wide angle lens I own is the kit lens my D60 came with.

Lots there that I would be happy with though - love a bit of black and white, abstract or negative space.

Abstract
Black and White
Multiple Exposure
Panorama
Panning
Filling the Frame
Framing
Leading Lines / Shapes.
Motion blur
Mirrored
Wide Angle
Low Light
Negative space
HDR
Soft Focus

HDR for me too but for different reasons. I am definitely not a fan of the resulting images, especially when (commonly) over cooked. Don't make me do it

Shall we chat about something else?

Here's a question for you all - which of the remaining techniques do you fear the most? Or on the filp side - which one are you hoping will get pulled?

For me it would be HDR for fear - I genuinely have no idea how you go about it. Or panning because I'm confident I will be carp at it! Oh - and the most wide angle lens I own is the kit lens my D60 came with.

Lots there that I would be happy with though - love a bit of black and white, abstract or negative space.

Abstract
Black and White
Multiple Exposure
Panorama
Panning
Filling the Frame
Framing
Leading Lines / Shapes.
Motion blur
Mirrored
Wide Angle
Low Light
Negative space
HDR
Soft Focus

For me it would be Multiple Exposure as tried it last week and it was terrible a very big (n)

HDR for me too but for different reasons. I am definitely not a fan of the resulting images, especially when (commonly) over cooked. Don't make me do it

Same. I guess that's why I've never taken any interest in how it is done.

I've never tried multiple exposures - but I'd be up for giving it a go.

For me, a technique to fear is multiple exposure. I understand it and I can do it in camera, but I'm not too sure I'll get a good result.
A technique/s I would like, soft focus and filling the frame. That means the @Cobra isn't going to select one of those anytime soon :)

Had to google Mirrored to know what it was, looks difficult to me.

Agreed... I always think that if I have to question whether or not it's HDR then it's well executed.

Many years ago I was a member of a forum called MY Fine Pix, one of the members won the monthly comp at the time with an HDR shot of an old fisherman and imo it`s one of the best people shots I have ever seen.

It puts me right off. I'm a happy you lucky kind of guy, I let thing go, I don't hold grudges and really don't like disagreements
Me also, and I don't like to I put my foot down. But it had to end...... and so it did (y)

I do miss @GarethB as really started to have some great laughs, hope your ok mate (y)
I emailed him a few weeks ago, on his registered details, unfortunately no one has responded ..
I too hope he is OK
What's the saying? less is more? Over cooked is not the way to go.
There was a guy on here a few years back he was spot on imo.
If I can remember his name I'll post a link to some of his work.

For me, a technique to fear is multiple exposure. I understand it and I can do it in camera, but I'm not too sure I'll get a good result.
A technique/s I would like, soft focus and filling the frame. That means the @Cobra isn't going to select one of those anytime soon :)
:LOL:
Oh I dunno, I quite like 1 out of 2 of those, its not hard to tell which either :D So A brown envelope stuffed full of used fivers to the usual address and you never know your luck Dom ;)

Having looked at the list, I think Wide Angle would be the worst for me, as I only have a 17mm lens at the widest end. Other than that, I think that the multiple exposure one would be quite a challenge to do well, without a lot of attempts, but I guess that's the whole point :)

as I only have a 17mm lens at the widest end.
Isn't 35mm supposed to be "natural" vision.
I'd say the 17mm qualifies?
My widest is 10-22mm much wider than 10 and you are heading towards fish eye anyway

My pet hate? all of them, save maybe 2

I agree with those who have said multiple exposures. I have never tried it and I expect it would be really tricky, but then this is meant to be a challenge and a learning experience so I expect it to come up sooner rather than later now it's been singled out! :oops: :$ :D

so I expect it to come up sooner rather than later now it's been singled out! :oops: :$ :D
:whistle:

But then again it may just sit there tantalising everyone .... wondering "when" ;)

What's the furthest someone has pulled it back from before and then gone on to complete?

What's the furthest someone has pulled it back from before and then gone on to complete?
Asking for a friend are we? :D

I've no idea TBH, I doubt that Tim @LC2 keeps those kinds of statistics either.
But if you start now, you surely are in the running

Or start this Thursday.

This week and the weekend are a write off for doing anything other than moving out of an deep cleaning the old rental house.

The great catch up starts on the 16th March :)

Asking for a friend are we? :D

I've no idea TBH, I doubt that Tim @LC2 keeps those kinds of statistics either.
But if you start now, you surely are in the running
No, it's not stats that DK or I kept (at least, we don't have details of how far anyone has dropped behind and then caught up).
But:
Shirley started in July 16 and completed the year with 54 images.
Carl Ayling started end of May 15 and completed the year with 56.
PJM1 started in June 14 and completed the year with 56.
We don't seem to have start dates for the years previous to '14, but there is precedent for starting late and still completing the whole year.

No, it's not stats that DK or I kept (at least, we don't have details of how far anyone has dropped behind and then caught up).
But:
Interesting !
Thanks for looking that up Tim (y)

I think wide angle might be a tough theme as some people just don't have wide angle lenses. Better to have themes where your gear doesn't matter too much.
I suspect that most people have a kit lens laying around? they tend to be wide..
As above 35mm is natural sight iirc anything wider than that would qualify

But:
Shirley started in July 16 and completed the year with 54 images.
Carl Ayling started end of May 15 and completed the year with 56.
PJM1 started in June 14 and completed the year with 56.
We don't seem to have start dates for the years previous to '14, but there is precedent for starting late and still completing the whole year.

Thanks for that :)

Post wedding start here I come ;)

Back