The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Reactions: rpn
You will never know now what your missing, dreams of beautiful Fuji colours :p
Someone gave me one a few years back, and said here try this.
after a couple of minutes I thought WTF is this?
I was very disappointed with it TBH.
That put me off mirrorless for several year to come.

Someone gave me one a few years back, and said here try this.
after a couple of minutes I thought WTF is this?
I was very disappointed with it TBH.
That put me off mirrorless for several year to come.

I know what you mean, it does take skill to use a Fuji :p

Reactions: rpn
Just having a look at the spreadsheet. We are down to less than half the starters. Is that the average at this point in the year?

Just having a look at the spreadsheet. We are down to less than half the starters. Is that the average at this point in the year?
I had this message from the keeper of the scrolls Thurs.
I'm sure he won't mind me repeating it...

And this week the numbers look like...

Week 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
2020 40 40 38 38 35 33 33 32 26
2019 36 34 34 32 32 30 29 27 24

We've had a couple of catch-up and interestingly we are above the 2019 total for wk 21 already (the 2020 total will increase).
In 2019 weeks 18-21 were the last big drop off, so if trends are anything to go by (who knows this year!) we could be looking at an end of year total a few over 20, which would put 2020 in the top 3 since records begun.

But... who knows :)

I don`t think the lockdown has helped at all.

Here ya go Joan, visualisation of the numbers over the past 9 years.
I've highlighted this year with a 'glow'.

From a percentage of the starters perspective (1st graph), this is the best year. Weeks 10-14 held rock steady, whereas typically the numbers drop off.
I noted week 11 (12/03) being the start of the restrictions (I think Monday 16th was when they came in? I know the last events I covered were the 14th and 15th).

From an absolute numbers perspective (2nd graph) we started the year as the 2nd lowest number of starters (who actually posted - I don't count those who signed up and didn't ever post, although they are recorded on the spreadsheet) this year is now the 4th best (which considering 2 years had a start number of 101, compared to 52 this year is pretty good).

So I think contrary to subjective feelings, the numbers seem to show this year to have been one of the better ones :)
Everyone still in the 52 should give themselves a big slap on the back for carrying on through regardless of the restrictions.

1590928113445.png

1590928143685.png

Great stuff @LC2 Tim, thanks for that (y)

If it helps at all I am back in the game. Just posted Week 20 & 21 so am officially up to date. Hoopla!!

Reactions: LC2
Thank you @LC2 . I love a good graph - or two! We just seemed to be a bit thin on the ground but the stats don't lie. We are certainly doing well on the first graph. Let's hope we keep it up after lockdown is but a distant memory. You may have to order more badges!

I think lockdown has made it easier for me
It's certainly made it easier for me to keep up to date. Usually by now I'm so busy doing Cosplay Event photography and the subsequent editing that I'm way behind and @minx is keeping the spreadsheet up to date for you.
We just seemed to be a bit thin on the ground but the stats don't lie
I think the difference this year is we aren't seeing many large catch-ups. I think when you find yourself commenting on 4+ photos, from one person, in a row it makes it feel like there are more to comment on.

Just a reminder guys,
There seems to be a few B&W images being posted, at the moment.
If you are "claiming" technique on these, if you haven't already can you add "technique" to the title on the front page,
And or in your week xx title bar.
It makes Tim's @LC2 life easier.
Ta (y)

What day is it tomorrow?

giphy.gif

A little late in sorting my Household Item image out being back at work really messes up your photography time! not that i'm moaning glad to be back to some sort of normality even if I'm in the office and talking to myself :runaway::runaway:

Our TV Mag says it's Thursday today, I have been searching in vane for a program which is not a repeat.

So its on to week 23 well done to those who are still here (y)
And just a reminder please tag your images B&W if you are claiming the technique.
There are a few B&W images with no tags.
It makes Tim's ( @LC2 ) life a lot easier having not to search or guess.
Ta :)

As there are a few people getting out and about, this theme should be usable by anyone either locked in or roaming free.
Go and find something Hidden ( away)

Oh I need to try and convince Frankie to d what she did last weekend now being a cat I doubt she will (I did get a photo on my phone....)

So its on to week 23 well done to those who are still here (y)
And just a reminder please tag your images B&W if you are claiming the technique.
There are a few B&W images with no tags.
It makes Tim's ( @LC2 ) life a lot easier having not to search or guess.
Ta :)

As there are a few people getting out and about, this theme should be usable by anyone either locked in or roaming free.
Go and find something Hidden ( away)
If it isn't tagged as the technique on the main thread, it doesn't get ticked off in the spreadsheet.

. Thinking cap on. Thank you @Cobra !!
My pleasure
(I've not a bloody clue either TBH :( )

If it isn't tagged as the technique on the main thread, it doesn't get ticked off in the spreadsheet.
The master of the scrolls has spoken people Please take note (y)

Sorry Tim not sure if I added tech for B&W to the top of my thread for either Old or liquid thank you :ty:

Hi Tim,
Can I have a tech tick for Liquid please? I forgot to mention the technique in the main thread - sorry.
Sorry Tim not sure if I added tech for B&W to the top of my thread for either Old or liquid thank you :ty:
Done & Done :)
I'm not going to assume technique as I've checked with a few people and they've let me know whilst it would cover B&W, they have something else planned that they intend to do for the technique.

Do you realise we've now had more weeks of this year subject to the lockdown/restrictions than restriction free.
I've noted the weeks under restrictions on the spreadsheet in red. the first week was week 11, we're in week 23.

And haven't we all done well? @Cobra has been a genius at picking themes we can all do within our own boundaries however small or large they are. But it is a scary thought. I feel a bit agrophobic now about going outside - amazing how it has become the new norm to stay behind doors - albeit they are opening slowly.

And haven't we all done well? @Cobra has been a genius at picking themes we can all do within our own boundaries however small or large they are. But it is a scary thought. I feel a bit agrophobic now about going outside - amazing how it has become the new norm to stay behind doors - albeit they are opening slowly.

First day outside for me was about 20ft, turned round and came straight back in as felt safer. It is so hard to go even down the bottom of our Close here and back, but taking it easy each day helps.

Back