The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Hope your Mum’s ok Dave! I’m being very protective of mine at the moment!

Think I got my shot for Transport this afternoon - and it isn’t a train! It does, however, run on rails :)

Last edited:
Can`t say in the virus thread as it`s locked, mums doctor phoned to tell me she has been taken to hospital very poorly and someone will come out to see me. So all my photography is now on hold.

I do hope your Mum is OK, Dave, Like @-Oy- says, I am concerned and very protective of mine too.

Dave hope your mums ok

Thanks folks it means a lot as deep down, I`m a Mummies boy. Mum phoned me from the hospital, it`s not the virus thank christ but she will be in till Monday. Turns out she has been having injections for a blood clot, but her blood is now not clotting so going up Sunday to visit.

Can`t say in the virus thread as it`s locked, mums doctor phoned to tell me she has been taken to hospital very poorly and someone will come out to see me. So all my photography is now on hold.
Wishing your mum well.

Best wishes @Dave70D to you and your mum.

Anybody know how to upload an image from flkr using only a mobile phone? Left my laptop in Cornwall and not able to get back down there this week. Did it ok on my old phone but I can't work out how to get the bbcode from flkr on the Android flkr app, any suggestions as to how I can post my image great fully received.:)

Anybody know how to upload an image from flkr using only a mobile phone? Left my laptop in Cornwall and not able to get back down there this week. Did it ok on my old phone but I can't work out how to get the bbcode from flkr on the Android flkr app, any suggestions as to how I can post my image great fully received.:)

Can`t really help Roger, but I tried ages ago but gave up.

but I can't work out how to get the bbcode from flkr on the Android flkr app,
I've never tried, but I seem to remember something about this going back some while,
iirc. Ditch the App and just go straight to flicker via the web.

I was hoping that people would use their imagination. And not just go out and "shoot" the passing No.9 bus
or the UBER they are sitting in ;)
But in London the No.9 bus is an old Routemaster not just any new bus

These days I always attach the photo directly rather than embedding it from Flickr. You might have to downsize it first though I guess?

...or perhaps you don’t have the image on your phone? In which case you could try screenshotting your Flickr pic and attach that for now?

Edit: Just tried google. As @Cobra suggested I think you have to go to desktop version .. see end of this post https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157680949394506/

Last edited:
These days I always attach the photo directly rather than embedding it from Flickr. You might have to downsize it first though I guess?

...or perhaps you don’t have the image on your phone? In which case you could try screenshotting your Flickr pic and attach that for now?

Edit: Just tried google. As @Cobra suggested I think you have to go to desktop version .. see end of this post https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157680949394506/

Thanks Cobra and bebop will try straight from Google and got the image on my phone so can try uploading straight to forum.

Sorry to hear about your mum @Dave70D

Here in BCN we are on lockdown, so in theory people are confined to their homes. Yesterday Sanchez spoke to the nation. He explained that we could still go out (to work, to buy food and medication) but that everything "non-essential" would be closed. Then he went on to say that petrol stations, tobacconists, newsagents, hairdressers and even dry-cleaners could stay open.
Very strange! I think we are heading in the same direction as Italy.

Sorry to hear about your mum @Dave70D

Here in BCN we are on lockdown, so in theory people are confined to their homes. Yesterday Sanchez spoke to the nation. He explained that we could still go out (to work, to buy food and medication) but that everything "non-essential" would be closed. Then he went on to say that petrol stations, tobacconists, newsagents, hairdressers and even dry-cleaners could stay open.
Very strange! I think we are heading in the same direction as Italy.

Thanks Bob, a friend is going to stay with Mum till Wednesday as I`m going over then to do a shop for her. So I`m just twiddling my fingers at the moment while testing out my V.

But in London the No.9 bus is an old Routemaster not just any new bus
Last time I was in London it was a NEW bus :D
There is a 500 Kb limit on attaching images but the size remains at 1024px on the longest side.
With linking from flicker there is no Kb limit. but the size remains at 1024px on the longest side.

Last edited:
I am on 7 day isolation as per doc's instructions so I think my transport shot will be a bit creative! Just warning you all now!

'transport - a system or means of conveying people or goods from place to place.'

Last edited:
I am on 7 day isolation as per doc's instructions so I think my transport shot will be a bit creative! Just warning you all now!

'transport - a system or means of conveying people or goods from place to place.'
Hope you are ok Joan, you can be transported back in time, words, music and photographs I was thinking;)

There is a 500 Kb limit on attaching images but the size remains at 1024px on the longest side.
With linking from flicker there is no Kb limit. but the size remains at 1024px on the longest side.
Sorry for the mix up, I got my "M's" and "K's" confuseiminacated
The above quote is correct

Sorry for the mix up, I got my "M's" and "K's" confuseiminacated
The above quote is correct
I'm completely bemused by it, was easy on my old windows phone, giving up with this Android thing.:mad:

I'm completely bemused by it, was easy on my old windows phone, giving up with this Android thing.:mad:
If you're using the app on android.
1. Open the picture
2. You should get 4 options at the bottom, edit, comment, share, info.
3. Select Share
4. Select "Copy URL" (should be the top option)
5. Paste the URL into your thread.

It's not as nice as using a pc, but it will work, I just tested it for you. Example:
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/link-test.708411/post-8651326
Better than nothing

No problem Roger.

@Cobra, something for your howto thread maybe?
It worked! I was trying to put it in as a link like we usually do, did not think to just paste it in......duh!

Reactions: LC2

Hope you're OK, Joan. Plenty of thinking time there for your Transport shot.

Last time I was in London it was a NEW bus :D
It is indeed:
numbernine.jpg

@minx the only route you can catch an old Routemaster is the 15, but only in summer on weekends and bank holidays. And probably not during corona virus time.

@Cobra this snap of the number 9 bus is not acceptable then?

I hope you're ok! Walking is a means of transportation that can be used in all but the smallest confinements... :)

It is indeed:
View attachment 271893

@minx the only route you can catch an old Routemaster is the 15, but only in summer on weekends and bank holidays. And probably not during corona virus time.

There is always one smart arse :p
A "number 9" was an an old expression, which seems to has passed by the whippersnappers :p

It is indeed:
View attachment 271893

There is always one smart arse :p
A "number 9" was an an old expression, which seems to has passed by the whippersnappers :p

So oddly. @minx was half right. The No.9 was a heritage route until 25th July 2014, when it lost it's RMs.

Back