The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

I am after some advice on high key shot, I have no studio or off camera lighting, not even bedside or desk lamps, any advice on how to achieve it would be appreciated as I would like to get it out of the way while I am being isolated. Cheers in advance

I am after some advice on high key shot, I have no studio or off camera lighting, not even bedside or desk lamps, any advice on how to achieve it would be appreciated as I would like to get it out of the way while I am being isolated. Cheers in advance

The sun has been quite bright recently don't know if you have a garden or some kind of outside area or overexposing your pics slightly, using the available light through a window.
obviously choosing the right subject is just as important , but plenty of options, good luck with it :)

@CliveH when I was doing mine I just picked the brightest room in the house and ramped up the EV compensation to +3. That overexposed it and then I think I did a bit more brightness in post. If you think white on white when choosing your subject it does make it a bit easier.

I am after some advice on high key shot,
Do you have photoshop? the levels bar is all you need ;)
As long as you start with a strong well balanced image it can be done in a couple of mins

Really sorry to hear that Dave

@CliveH when I was doing mine I just picked the brightest room in the house and ramped up the EV compensation to +3. That overexposed it and then I think I did a bit more brightness in post. If you think white on white when choosing your subject it does make it a bit easier.
I did the same to create the high key effect, with plenty of white space around the subject (was on a white sheet, and purposely blown out)

Well that's my main source of images shut!
Whipsnade zoo is approx 600 acres of very open "enclosures" but they have still decieded to shut!
I guess a few archives maybe be getting posted over the next few weeks :(

The National Trust are closing their parks and gardens too now (houses were already closed).
I'm not quite sure how that will work for the public footpaths that often run through them, but we'll have to see.

Ideally what we need now is 3 months of light rain to keep everyone indoors. As soon as the weather heats up everyone will want to be out and about.

True I guess, so it might be a fun selfie then if it comes up.
Trust me .. it won't :p
( unless you are on one of your famous breaks :p )

Damn.. just seen green on the B list.... perfect for my "greenish" shot this week!!

I do believe it's Thursday Eve :banana::LOL:(y):LOL::banana:

Back