The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Cobra

Gregory House
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
This is the place for banter, comments, general chit chat, discussions on life the universe and of course the 2020 challenge.

I can't sign up yet as the thread is locked...

full

Is it time for the 52 yet as we all love doing a 52
I can't put up with both of you for another year, as Gareth got in first ....

:p

I am actually, as I only had a quick look and thought 300 odd not bad but looking at them imo I think 2020 could be a cracking time for the themes.
I just took out repeats, some pretty impossible ones, some from last years themes and added in a few of Joans @Scots_quine .

Here's a few more....for those who have joined so far.

I'll do one for every 2020 52 member...if that's alright!:giggle:

Here are the first few...

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

If anyone wants them, you can find them in my 'Smilies etc.' gallery by clicking here.

Last edited:
How very odd! I couldn't sign up for 2020 on the thread and nor could I post here. Then I did manage to post here and my post has disappeared!! There is mischief afoot methinks! or a gremlin or two in the works!

How very odd! I couldn't sign up for 2020 on the thread and nor could I post here. Then I did manage to post here and my post has disappeared!!
How weird!
And I can't find any trace of a disappeared post either. You are all signed up now though (y)

There is mischief afoot methinks! or a gremlin or two in the works!

Excuse me, I have absolutely nothing to do with it, I always seem to get the blame :(

OK I'm liking the sound of this, but, I'm confused ( Easily done in my old age... )

Is each week a separate thread, for everyone to post in, and do most people also have a 52 thread of their own to record each weeks entry? Sorry if this sounds basic, but the how too post confused me a little talking about main thread, personal threads, single and multiple images etc

Hi Pete @PeteStewardson !:)

There is one, main photo only thread (click here) - it's locked until @Cobra opens it on 1st January.
Then you will need to start your own personal thread too, titled '[your name] 52 challenge' or something similar.

Every week, you may post one, themed photo in the main thread, and link it back to your personal thread, where you can explain it if you wish, or how you've shoehorned adhered appropriately to the theme!:giggle:
Your personal thread is for posting as many images as you like, but only one may be entered each week in the main thread.

Best of luck!(y)

Last edited:
Does the image have to be taken in the week?

If there’s a general draw list, can you start basically prepping photos for when the theme is drawn or should you wait till a theme is drawn and then take the images. I know there’s nothing actually stopping you prepping images, perhaps other than the 6 bi-monthly techniques which are to be used over 5 weeks, but want to understand spirit of the TP52 re this

When i try to start my own thread from the link i get

IMG_0073.JPG

Am i just too early to do this

Jim

@Jim_Tod Hi Jim:)

Not necessarily, it's up to you how you structure your 52 challenge Jim.
As life etc. can sometimes 'get in the way' of photography, occasionally it might be necessary to select an appropriate image from your archives, but it's your personal challenge, so you can set your own goals, though of course it's more fun/challenging to shoot for the theme each week.

Jim_Tod also said:
If there’s a general draw list, can you start basically prepping photos for when the theme is drawn or should you wait till a theme is drawn and then take the images. I know there’s nothing actually stopping you prepping images, perhaps other than the 6 bi-monthly techniques which are to be used over 5 weeks, but want to understand spirit of the TP52 re this

The weekly theme (announced on Thursday afternoons) will be chosen randomly from the list found by clicking here
We won't know what the theme is in advance however...regardless of how much cake or money is offered as bribes to @Cobra :D
So when the theme is announced, you will have that whole following week to plan and shoot your image.

This post also details the techniques list too.
There will be 6 techniques for the year (randomly drawn again at the beginning of each two month period), each one covers 8 weekly themes.
Some might shoot more than one theme with the technique, others choose to shoot just the one theme...again it's up to you, it's your challenge.:)

You're right, there's nothing stopping you from preparing a shot for each theme in advance (for whatever the theme might be that week), but as you will see from the list, it's quite long, and there are many more themes than the 52 weeks in the year!

Best of luck Jim!(y)

Last edited:
When i try to start my own thread from the link i get

View attachment 261715

Am i just too early to do this

Jim

Not sure why you're getting this error Jim.
It's not too early though...there's at least one member that has already created their thread for next year.

**edit**

It might be a Tapatalk thing.....just a thought.:)

Last edited:
After failing miserably a couple of year ago would I be allowed to have another go ?????, seems quite a few of those themes would be interesting, even for this old fart :)

Ideally yes, However, sometimes life gets in the way and an archive image is used. In the spirit of TP this is declared.
If you get behind, you can catch up.
If there’s a general draw list, can you start basically prepping photos for when the theme is drawn or should you wait till a theme is drawn and then take the images.
There are usually over 200 themes, but there are only 52 weeks in a year ;)
the 6 bi-monthly techniques which are to be used over 5 weeks,
Try the Maths on that again :D

After failing miserably a couple of year ago would I be allowed to have another go ?????,
Of course you can (y)

Ok,ok, i had the 5 free weeks thing in my head when i was writing this. [emoji44]
:LOL:
Did you study at the Diane Abbott school of Mathematics by any chance ?
:D

Reactions: rpn
Back