The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

And we have a winner in the image thread (y)
Well done Roger @Baloo for being top of the pile :)

@Nikon f1.8 The Main thread should only be used for posting your weekly shout and linking through to your personal thread. Anything else and it becomes un-managable.

This is all detailed in the guides and how-tos (https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...enge-for-2020-how-to-guides-and-links.703930/) You have read them haven't you? ;) - They have changed a little since your last go in 2018.

Critique should go in the posters personal thread.
Generic comments / banter should go in here.

I'm sure @Cobra will be along at some point to award you the order of the Donut and tidy up the main thread :)
(Very tasty them donuts, I'm fairly sure most of us have had one at some point or another).

Mmmm Donuts! o_O

It's chucking it down here so no outdoor photography for me today! A nice easy start to the year with Local.

I haven't been here for a while, is it correct that Wednesday just past noon is the new Thursday which used to be the new Friday? :exit:

I haven't been here for a while, is it correct that Wednesday just past noon is the new Thursday which used to be the new Friday? :exit:
As it says in the HOW TO Guides and links Thursday is the new Thursday, and has been for a few years. ( Circa 14:00hrs give or take a tad)

Occasionally I'll add a
made you look!
if I know I'm going to be late home on a Thursday, that will appear Weds evening, you can look or wait
Till Thursday.
However once the theme has been announced in the general chat thread and the headers have been changed its game on (y)

It just so happens this week so many people were either
a) bored
or
b) chomping at the bit.
And I was feeling generous ( not that it happens often ;) )

Last edited:
Got my local shot this morning - and an apt one for today :)

I`m happy with it so far, and all up to date (y)
So, do you want to run the official spreadsheet for everyone then?
I'm more than happy to un-share & retire mine and let you do it with your one, seeing that you are promoting it in almost every comment you make in peoples threads.
I'm sure everyone will be fine with your fully featured Excel 365 based version and no one will be concerned about Excel's propensity to exploits.
I just wished you had stepped up earlier, it would have saved me a lot of work over the past few weeks sorting out the links, formatting, formulas, entrants etc.

For those who haven't found it - Dave's TP52 2020 Spreadsheet:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!Aq4tAUWbJ0zKkEzaQ4MNjZgyLjWl?e=CRAmgC

So, do you want to run the official spreadsheet for everyone then?
I'm more than happy to un-share & retire mine and let you do it with your one, seeing that you are promoting it in almost every comment you make in peoples threads.
I'm sure everyone will be fine with your fully featured Excel 365 based version and no one will be concerned about Excel's propensity to exploits.
I just wished you had stepped up earlier, it would have saved me a lot of work over the past few weeks sorting out the links, formatting, formulas, entrants etc.

For those who haven't found it - Dave's TP52 2020 Spreadsheet:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!Aq4tAUWbJ0zKkEzaQ4MNjZgyLjWl?e=CRAmgC

If you want to stop doing the spreadsheet, then I will do it then. I was only doing it for myself with all the other members in, as it will help me learn how too.

Not actually promoting anything

Give me a few days and I will gladly do the spreadsheet for the 52, I`m actually re doing it again.

PS: We all have good and bad days.

Probably best to carry on learning and practicing on your own spreadsheet in private, Dave, and let Tim and Minx carry on with the main fully-featured spreadsheet with all the links etc. I think it's great that you've set yours up and are learning Excel but there's a risk of confusion (especially for the new 52'ers) if you mention your spreadsheet when there is a main official spreadsheet already up and running and included in all the links.

Probably best to carry on learning and practicing on your own spreadsheet in private, Dave, and let Tim and Minx carry on with the main fully-featured spreadsheet with all the links etc. I think it's great that you've set yours up and are learning Excel but there's a risk of confusion (especially for the new 52'ers) if you mention your spreadsheet when there is a main official spreadsheet already up and running and included in all the links.

Good idea, I only offered coz Tim kept on about me doing it. If he does carry on then I can just carry with mine to get the practice (y)

Is there a 2020 Flickr group?

:thinking: I'm totally confused here??? So who is doing the Spreadsheet?

There seem to be two going on here Dave's @Dave70D and as far as I know the Official 52 Spreadsheet Tim's @LC2?

However, but Dave mentioned the spreadsheet update in his every second post, is this the official one now?

I wont be doing a spreadsheet at all, as doing my own one (y)
So use the original one for the site.

Reactions: rpn
You beat me to it @Dave70D, I was just about to post something too :)

@gardenbirder @Yvette Smith the reason for having your own "personal" thread is so that we can converse with you / comment on the images as that cannot go in the main posting thread without everything becoming un-manageable.
The link @Dave70D posted will walk you through it all :)

Reactions: rpn
A box of donuts needed this week! But I'm sure everyone will get the hang of it!

Reactions: LC2
You beat me to it @Dave70D, I was just about to post something too :)
@gardenbirder @Yvette Smith the reason for having your own "personal" thread is so that we can converse with you / comment on the images as that cannot go in the main posting thread without everything becoming un-manageable.
The link @Dave70D posted will walk you through it all :)

As above.
I'm thinking that next year, its too late now, that people will have to "Like"
the how too's guides and linky's before they can sign up.

And another. @Old chugger
We can't interact if you don't create your own thread (y)
And you can edit your own post to include the link. Any problems give me a shout (y)

Back