The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Probably best to carry on learning and practicing on your own spreadsheet in private, Dave, and let Tim and Minx carry on with the main fully-featured spreadsheet with all the links etc. I think it's great that you've set yours up and are learning Excel but there's a risk of confusion (especially for the new 52'ers) if you mention your spreadsheet when there is a main official spreadsheet already up and running and included in all the links.

@Manxmaid Thank you again for the above post, as I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube about Doc`s and it`s now going very well (y)

Last edited:
What new Fuji stuff have you bought this time Dave?

None at all, last night I watched a lot of YouTube on doing a Google Docs spreadsheet and this morning I totally nailed it. Using the Freeze and sorting out every Link, so I`m well chuffed as like I said I`ve never done anything like this before plus the colours go together well.

Ah, okay.
Now have a look at using the =COUNTA() function to count the cells that have something in them - That way you can mark along the top if you've completed a theme or technique automagically

Then maybe look at conditional formatting to automatically colour cells based on the contents :)

Ah, okay.
Now have a look at using the =COUNTA() function to count the cells that have something in them - That way you can mark along the top if you've completed a theme or technique automagically

Then maybe look at conditional formatting to automatically colour cells based on the contents :)

I will put it up in the Testing thread and see what you think.

Yes! Lots of questions... firstly, when I click on the link it says ‘no valid forum id’?
You have posted on the home page, good (y)
Have you started your own thread? I can't find it if you have.
You need to do this next, in this forum HERE

Last edited:
I'm gonna need to go shopping at this rate!
As quite a few of you are new, I'll let it slide for a bit however please take note

Post your image HERE
and link it back to your own thread.
No comments in this thread please, comments on the personal threads only.
Transgressors will get the “order of the donut”

You have posted on the home page, good (y)
Have you started your own thread? I can't find it if you have.
You need to do this next, in this forum HERE

Thanks in anticipation! When I click on that link, if tells me I need a valid forum ID. [emoji849]

I feel safe on the interweb now that I've got my free win 10 upgrade from Microsoft, I was thinking that I was going to have to pay for it after the end of the win 7 support date (14 January).

Do I need any sort of ID then? I thought it would just work... its just a blank page with that msg on it.

Do I need any sort of ID then? I thought it would just work... its just a blank page with that msg on it.

If you go to the top of the page and click on the bold writing that says 365 & 52s

That takes you to the page on the link

Click the blue button on the right that says "post thread" then you can start you own thread for the forum
to add your pictures to Hope that helps

On the top of the page it says Do not comment in the thread with only photos in, as that is where we all post our photos. If you want folk to comment on your photo you have to have your own thread so have a read HERE and HERE

Last edited:
Yes! Lots of questions... firstly, when I click on the link it says ‘no valid forum id’?
Hi @Yvette Smith
I've not seen an error stating ‘no valid forum id’ before, so I'm tagging @Cobra in this to see if he knows.

Can you explain exactly what you're doing when you get this error?
You say "when I click on the link", which link, Cobra's "Here" link? If so, in which browser because it works for me (could be a browser issue)

The instructions are at
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...enge-for-2020-how-to-guides-and-links.703930/
and about 1/2 way down the first post there are a bunch of how-tos which will explain the technical bits.

In essence what you need to do is:
1. Create a personal thread in the 3652 & 52 sub forum (https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/365s-52s.153/), call it something like "Yvette's 52 for 2020". This is the thread you'll use all year to post your pictures and put any info you want about the photo - it's where people will respond with comments / critique
2. Post your photo and any blurb about it
3. Once you've posted, at the top right of the post there will be a number something like #1. Right click on this and select the option "Copy Link Location" / "Copy Link" / "Copy Address" (this depends on the browser you're using). This will copy the unique address of the post into your clipboard. I tend to paste it (Ctrl-V) into notepad so I don't lose it.
4. Go to the main thread and post your picture there too (I know you've already done that). Whilst posting the picture also add some text that says LINK (or something similar). Highlight the LINK text and press "CTRL-K". A dialog box will appear with the LINK text in the bottom. In the top field paste in the Unique Address we saved in Step 3. Press OK and then Save/complete the post. This will then create a link from the main thread to your personal thread post so people can get to you photo easily to comment.

For any post you've made, there is also an 'edit' option. so you could go back to your post in the main thread and edit it to add the link back.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:
Hi @Yvette Smith
I've not seen an error stating ‘no valid forum id’ before, so I'm tagging @Cobra in this to see if he knows.

Can you explain exactly what you're doing when you get this error?
You say "when I click on the link", which link, Cobra's "Here" link? If so, in which browser because it works for me (could be a browser issue)

The instructions are at
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...enge-for-2020-how-to-guides-and-links.703930/
and about 1/2 way down the first post there are a bunch of how-tos which will explain the technical bits.

In essence what you need to do is:
1. Create a personal thread in the 3652 & 52 sub forum (https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/365s-52s.153/), call it something like "Yvette's 52 for 2020". This is the thread you'll use all year to post your pictures and put any info you want about the photo - it's where people will respond with comments / critique
2. Post your photo and any blurb about it
3. Once you've posted, at the top right of the post there will be a number something like #1. Right click on this and select the option "Copy Link Location" / "Copy Link" / "Copy Address" (this depends on the browser you're using). This will copy the unique address of the post into your clipboard. I tend to paste it (Ctrl-V) into notepad so I don't lose it.
4. Go to the main thread and post your picture there too (I know you've already done that). Whilst posting the picture also add some test that says LINK (or something similar). Highlight the LINK text and press "CTRL-K". A dialog box will appear with the LINK text in the bottom. In the top field paste in the Unique Address we saved in Step 3. Press OK and then Save/complete the post. This will then create a link from the main thread to your personal thread post so people can get to you photo easily to comment.

For any post you've made, there is also an 'edit' option. so you could go back to your post in the main thread and edit it to add the link back.

Hope that helps a bit.

'Ol snakey is far too nice. :runaway:
My "Old" classic car sailed through the MOT, I was in a good mood (y)

Thanks in anticipation! When I click on that link, if tells me I need a valid forum ID.
I have just run through your profile, and everything is in order,
However Sometimes Hotmail gets the arse with TP. and vice versa.
What internet provider are you using?
IE? FF? Chrome? Opera?

BT does get the arse with hotmail too, do you have problems on any other forums?
Ah hang on, you are using the app aren't you?
That also goes pear shaped from time to time.

Can you either log in using the internet rather than the app
or Use another email address.
I bet either of those will sort it ...

Last edited:
If you go to the top of the page and click on the bold writing that says 365 & 52s
Tim, @LC2 another name for the spread sheet under Hotel California rules (y)

I have to agree Chris, that looked to me like a sign up, and as you say... Hotel California rules...
Ingrid (@Gremlin) Sign Up accepted, you're now on the official spreadsheet for 2020. Welcome aboard :)
Gremlin.PNG

Hi LC2,
Thanks for taking the time to try and explain it. I have a bit of a ‘lurgy’ going on at the moment, so my brain isn’t switched on fully! Yes, it was the HERE link. I still get the need valid ID message.
When I click on the link to the 366 & 52 sub forum, I also get the same message.
I am working between my ipad and my mobile at the moment so tomorrow I shall try on the main frame computer and see if that makes any difference.
At least the Fantasy Football is easier than this! [emoji460]️

Hi LC2,
Thanks for taking the time to try and explain it. I have a bit of a ‘lurgy’ going on at the moment, so my brain isn’t switched on fully! Yes, it was the HERE link. I still get the need valid ID message.
When I click on the link to the 366 & 52 sub forum, I also get the same message.
I am working between my ipad and my mobile at the moment so tomorrow I shall try on the main frame computer and see if that makes any difference.
At least the Fantasy Football is easier than this! [emoji460]️

Can you take a screen shot photo and upload here so Cobra can have a look ?

I still get the need valid ID message.
That is definitely coming from your / email client / internet browser app
as above what are you using as a browser, FF, Opera / IE / Chrome and system? windows? Mac?

Ah, tablet / app. I'm afraid I've never used those for anything other than reading / commenting. I shall defer to the scaly one and his knowledge of common issues. I suspect once on a Desktop/Laptop it'll all fall into place.

Ah, tablet / app.
Yep that's where I'm going with this, the app was always a PITA, and even more so now we have swapped servers.

I have to agree Chris, that looked to me like a sign up, and as you say... Hotel California rules...
Ingrid (@Gremlin) Sign Up accepted, you're now on the official spreadsheet for 2020. Welcome aboard :)
Welcome @Gremlin to the 52 :D

Pah that's the last time I try and help you lot, put me in the hall of shame, not going to happen

Back