The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Hmmmm seems I've been promoted off the wall of shame, Top of the pile, king of the hill (y)
I'll give it a month :D

Well, it's Wednesday, I've joined the challenge, but yet to take a photo for week1. Any tips on how to capture the technique of silhouette when the skies are completely grey with rain due very soon today, and all day tomorrow!! At this rate I might have to backlight a copy of the local rag with a torch :LOL:

Well, it's Wednesday, I've joined the challenge, but yet to take a photo for week1. Any tips on how to capture the technique of silhouette when the skies are completely grey with rain due very soon today, and all day tomorrow!! At this rate I might have to backlight a copy of the local rag with a torch :LOL:
You have approx 8 weeks left to do a silly & Wet it doesn't have to be week 1
Besides if you are lucky there will be a snappers choice turn up ...
That makes things a lot easier ;)

Yup, what the scaly one says :) Don't fret about getting the technique in on week 1 (only 13 of the 41 posts so far have included the technique).
The first snappers choice is 30/01 so if you're worried about the technique, get planning for that week.

Also don't panic if you can't get week1 done by tomorrow. Whilst the regulars will tell you I'm evil, I'm not evil enough to move people to the wall of shame for being a few weeks behind (hopes no one looks at my old threads to see how far behind I get on occasions ;) ).

I`ts Wednesday, so that makes it Thursday eve :D
Indeed it is Dave (y) and just for you

Your'll have to wait just like everyone else :p

You have approx 8 weeks left to do a silly & Wet it doesn't have to be week 1
And I just lost another 15 minutes trying to work out what "silly and wet" meant in your reply :banghead:
@LC2 - I think I need to try and get my photos taken on the weekends so I have some daylight, the office being on an industrial estate beside a dual carriageway doesn't inspire any creativity!!

And I just lost another 15 minutes trying to work out what "silly and wet" meant in your reply :banghead:
:LOL: its not only me that has used that term though :D

I think I need to try and get my photos taken on the weekends so I have some daylight,
That's my thinking behind posting the theme on a Thurs. PM.
A day or so to think about it and the week-end to execute it, while its fresh in your mind (y)

I did a @GarethB as I thought it might be JAZZ :p

Now look here....:bat:
I don't know where this reputation of peeking came from....but I'll tell you what...

...oooo, look...a spoiler!!

full

:LOL:

Can someone explain to me in simple terms what this technique malarkey is all about, have a missed something regarding silhouette as there seems to be a myriad of posts with that technique involved.

@Dave70D

Can someone explain to me in simple terms what this technique malarkey is all about, have a missed something regarding silhouette as there seems to be a myriad of posts with that technique involved.

@Dave70D

If you Google Silhouette Photography it will put it across better than I can (y)

@Dave70D
Hi Paul,

It's all in the guides that everyone is recommended to read before starting on the 52.
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...enge-for-2020-how-to-guides-and-links.703930/

(5) Every 2 months a technique will be posted on the first Thursday of that month
Use this in / on ( at least) one of your images for the coming 2 months

So basically, @Cobra posts a theme every week and once every 2 months a technique.
The idea being that one of your posts in that 2 month period also encompasses the technique.

Hope that helps.

If you Google Silhouette Photography it will put it across better than I can (y)

Dave I know what silhouettes are ;) it was the explaining of themes that I was after as I did not read the full thread on "and we are off" :mad: and it was more of a pointer to how you did your post here and how you found the info for it. Seems LC2 has put me in the picture :)

Theme #2 out soon!!

So far we have had about 45 images for Week One - Local Interest, with a handful yet to post.

I reckon that's a good enough start to the 52 this year. Good luck everyone with what's to come, and on with the show!! :banana::banana::banana:

Well I managed to post Week 1 on time and have actually commented on everyone eases images (well I think I have).

I wonder what Week 2 will bring? Not long now until we find out........

Dave I know what silhouettes are ;) it was the explaining of themes that I was after as I did not read the full thread on "and we are off" :mad: and it was more of a pointer to how you did your post here and how you found the info for it. Seems LC2 has put me in the picture :)

Sorry about my mistake.

I've specifically put time aside this weekend to get week 1 done, I know the photo I want...
Hopefully week 2 can be done on the same day as well ….

Reactions: LC2
Has any one seen Mr Snakey around here yet. He is so late compared to last week!

Well done all those that completed week 1 (y)

I hope you find this weeks challenge Pleasure(able)

Well I don`t think my girlfriend and I could do the theme as I`d get a ban
Just add a NSFW tag and I'll turn a blind eye :p

Back