The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Ooooh SHARP!

This single malt whisky I'm supping at the moment is 58% ABV - It's a bit sharp :D

Why do I bother ? :banghead:

:p

Have to go into town so maybe pop into the Apple store here, as need some help on how to use the phone as Mum has my old one now.
Dave,
Are you really sure 'popping into the Apple store' in town is wise?
It's 2 weeks or so since you got home from hospital, with iirc Heart & Lung concerns post Covid.
Shouldn't you be resting up, not putting yourself out and about... You may be safe from Covid (though no one actually knows), but it's the winter cold/man flu season now. You don't want to exacerbate underlying conditions.

Dave,
Are you really sure 'popping into the Apple store' in town is wise?
It's 2 weeks or so since you got home from hospital, with iirc Heart & Lung concerns post Covid.
Shouldn't you be resting up, not putting yourself out and about... You may be safe from Covid (though no one actually knows), but it's the winter cold/man flu season now. You don't want to exacerbate underlying conditions.

As I got 100% all clear from the virus, I can`t stay in all the time sitting on my backside. So every so many days I make an effort to get up and go out as need to start and get my strength back up even though I still ache.

I've been mega busy the last few weeks so dropped behind a bit on pictures and comments, I will try and catch up this week on pictures, might not manage on comments, please don't feel offended if I miss you!

Ooooh SHARP!

This single malt whisky I'm supping at the moment is 58% ABV - It's a bit sharp :D

What's the whisky? Jeez at 58% you'd need quite a few rocks! lol Even at 46% with Arran 10 Year Old I find a few cubes brings it down just perfect.

What's the whisky? Jeez at 58% you'd need quite a few rocks! lol Even at 46% with Arran 10 Year Old I find a few cubes brings it down just perfect.

Finlaggan 58 :)

Are you liking it? Surely not neat?

It's very nice! It's an independant bottling thought to be a young Lagavulin. I always have a little sip neat - just for the OOOFT factor :) Then this one needs and benefits from a bit of water and 5min in the glass.

It's very nice! It's an independant bottling thought to be a young Lagavulin. I always have a little sip neat - just for the OOOFT factor :) Then this one needs and benefits from a bit of water and 5min in the glass.

Nice. I find it difficult to go by reviews of whisky because it's such a personal taste thing. Arran 10 Year Old is my current favourite, with two cubes (I do big measures!) and drunk before they melt. Highland Park Viking is a runner up at the moment and especially good that Sainsburys are doing it at £26. I've also had a liking for Glenfiddich and I used to enjoy the Balvenie Doublewood, but not so much anymore. Something has changed with it I'm sure.

I took a chance recently and tried Tullibardine Sovereign which was on offer. I didn't even finish the first glass and poured the bottle down the sink. Horrific.

Nice. I find it difficult to go by reviews of whisky because it's such a personal taste thing. Arran 10 Year Old is my current favourite, with two cubes (I do big measures!) and drunk before they melt. Highland Park Viking is a runner up at the moment and especially good that Sainsburys are doing it at £26. I've also had a liking for Glenfiddich and I used to enjoy the Balvenie Doublewood, but not so much anymore. Something has changed with it I'm sure.

I took a chance recently and tried Tullibardine Sovereign which was on offer. I didn't even finish the first glass and poured the bottle down the sink. Horrific.

I have a few cheapish ones I like but tend to stick to the next level up. Current stock includes Ardbeg Corryvrekan (my fave), Glenfarclas 15, Glenlivet Nadura and Talisker Port Ruighe.

Cheaper options I have in are Ileach and Ben Bracken Islay (By LIDL and at £16.49 as good as anything the supermarket sells for twice that.)

I have a few cheapish ones I like but tend to stick to the next level up
I've tried some very cheap whisk(e)y
And some very very very expensive ones ( I have a mate that's a bit of a connoisseur )
It all tastes the same to me :puke:

I've tried some very cheap whisk(e)y
And some very very very expensive ones ( I have a mate that's a bit of a connoisseur )
It all tastes the same to me :puke:

you just need more practice:geek:

you just need more practice:geek:
"He" keeps trying to get me to drink it when ever I've been around his ( obviously not so much these days)
I decline saying, he'll have to clean the carpet after :D

Seriously, I've tried many makes at different prices and it really all does taste the same to me .. not pleasant, not pleasant at all..

Week 44 Digital age

And don't forget this is the last week for the technique, if you've not got around to it yet...

Artificially lit

Last edited:
Is everyone asleep, smuggling in a new topic and no reactions, where is everyone!

MUST.NOT.PEEK!

Nooooooooooooooo...

Hmmmmm... interesting. My creative juices are flowing (someone fetch a cloth).

Digital age AND artificially lit.... now there's a challenge for a landscape photographer :eek:
Don't shoot the messenger, you have had 7 weeks to sort the theme :p

In view of the return of lockdown can we add deja vu to the list of themes!

In view of the return of lockdown can we add deja vu to the list of themes!
Thanks for the idea, I'll re-run them all next year (y)

On a slightly more serious note don't forget folks,

Re-edit an archive this is freely available to use with any theme

Tis Fursday Eve oh aye tis tis! :naughty: :banana: :naughty: :banana: :naughty:

Tis Fursday Eve oh aye tis tis! :naughty: :banana: :naughty: :banana: :naughty:

There is no great mystery, this week, if you follow the list of themes thread :)

There is no great mystery, this week, if you follow the list of themes thread :)

I don't - but I looked - Oooooh :)

Well its a nice bright day, I'm off work for a couple of days so I thought you could have a nice early one to get you started fill ya boots ..
Oh hang on a minute :(

Thankfully its
Snapper choice

And I had to re-think the technique
Soft Focus
should work anywhere

Well its a nice bright day, I'm off work for a couple of days so I thought you could have a nice early one to get you started fill ya boots ..
Oh hang on a minute :(

Thankfully its
Snapper choice

And I had to re-think the technique
Soft Focus
should work anywhere

Easy peasy... just take my glasses off, point and shoot :LOL: :LOL:

Back