The Drone Photo and Video Thread

Looks like a decent step forward from the previous version - presumably there will be non-Vision versions too?

Last edited:
I keep looking at the Phantom then putting 1 in the basket the at the last minuet twitching over the PAY NOW button, it's threads like this that once again make me want we but I know I don't need 1.

The Phantom 3 seems to be a huge leap forward at a similar price to its predecessor.
It will be wise to see how the early adopters come on, as DJI has a history of letting users do their beta testing.
Must say the stills from it don't seem as much improved as the video though.

I downloaded this sample at 4K to play about with in Adobe Premiere, and the detail at 4K was literally jaw-dropping.
I wouldn't upload footage 4K it would take forever on my connection - but it downscales pretty well and still looks great at 1080p.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMKw4_Yxx9o

Some great features on the Phantom 3 will now be coming to the Inspire 1. Good news!

Ground Station
Plan and execute autonomous flight paths by telling your Inspire 1 where to go and what to do at up to 100 points on a map.

Live Streaming
Share what you’re seeing, as you’re flying, with anyone around the world with YouTube live streaming compatibility.

Director
Cut and edit your favorite footage instantly, as the built-in Director pieces together your clips and adds in music, ready to be shared.

Phantom 3 came yesterday but it was wet and windy.
Not today though.
Very easy indeed to get nice results.

It's the Pro, with 4K video, but for stills they are both the same.
The advanced at £899 is very good value IMO.

The control is now astonishingly precise even compared to the P2 which was already quite good.
Closer to the ground the visual positioning kicks in and you can adjust all direction including up + down almost inch perfect.

And you get to use the Pilot app too! The controller is much better too, dedicated video and photo buttons is a nice touch.
I have finally sussed out my poor video quality issue on my Inspire. Wish I had sussed it out before the above flight in Caerphilly.

This is mostly filmed with a Phantom 3
There's some good examples of shots which work well - particularly like the rising up near very tall trees.
The rather dark thumb is not representative.

Today was a bit shivery but the Arctic air made for great clarity.
So much easier to work with Phantom 3 and Nexus 7 when I stood in shade by a tree!

18421792890_5aa1c10285_o.jpg

18609471965_5b176dfd3d_o.jpg

Last time I went here I crashed my Inspire. This time I took my Phantom!

Flip and roll session with my RD290 mini hex

:)

This is a screen grab from Phantom3 4K video.

19642993686_d520446c36_o.jpg

Considering it was a rush to set up, and everything on Auto, hard to fault this.

Last edited:
Nice! You could have got a bit closer though!

The irony is, they are trying to make me (or youtube) pull it on Privacy Grounds.
It's taken from almost a mile away, from just near my house and over my field.

I don't see how you can expect to let off £500K of fireworks then complain because someone might see them!
If they do I'll upload to Vimeo and use a different description so the legal team can't find it.

The irony is, they are trying to make me (or youtube) pull it on Privacy Grounds.
It's taken from almost a mile away, from just near my house and over my field.

I don't see how you can expect to let off £500K of fireworks then complain because someone might see them!
If they do I'll upload to Vimeo and use a different description so the legal team can't find it.

That's just ridiculous!

Some gorgeous stuff in this video (not mine)
A take home point is that keeping the camera relatively low makes much more interesting sequences, due to the parallax effect as near objects seem to 'move quicker' through frame.

Back