The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did. I really just hear Tim Martin say that pubs should stay open because no-one had been infected in pubs???

Yes.

And in the report I watched, Downing Street were contacted for their response to Tim Martin's comment.

Downing Street refused to contradict or condemn Martin's comment.

Did. I really just hear Tim Martin say that pubs should stay open because no-one had been infected in pubs???

Yes.

And in the report I watched, Downing Street were contacted for their response to Tim Martin's comment.

Sadly, stupidity isn't in short supply on the other side of the Atlantic either:

Makes sense - we are being told to use hand sanitisers which are mainly alcohol, so if we drink lots we will have alcohol on the inside killing all the nasty stuff! :p:p

Yes.

Until doing a quick search I wasn’t aware that Tim Martin is:

British businessman, and best known as the founder and Chairman of Wetherspoon

Makes blatantly clear ( to me anyway) the reason for his ridiculous, selfish and narrow minded comment.
What a t*t!

Been out shopping this morning, what suprised me was the amount of old people around - lots of over 70s, they are the ones at risk but not that bothered!
How do you know they were not that bothered ?
Could well have been very bothered, but had to find some food to eat.
I am bothered about the people who feel it is OK to go meandering in and out of pubs and clubs etc. Absolutely no one has any justification whatsoever to do that.

I wonder if there is a chance the Government might take notice of an opinion other than one they want to follow -

“You can’t fight a virus if you don’t know where it is. That means robust surveillance to find, isolate, test and treat every case, to break the chains of transmission.” - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (Director General of WHO)

Full article here -

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41...ail&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-2033dfb840-43857369

Dave

Last edited:
Makes sense - we are being told to use hand sanitisers which are mainly alcohol, so if we drink lots we will have alcohol on the inside killing all the nasty stuff! :p:p

Hmmm [emoji848] it’s possible you will go down in history as the guy that saved the world with you covid 29 antidote [emoji23]

On a slightly more serious note, I was under ( possibly an incorrect) impression that soap and water was more efficient than alcoholic gel, the latter being an option if not at home for example.
I don’t have any gel not that been confined to home now makes it a necessity and tbh I prefer to use soap and water anyway.

Hmmm [emoji848] it’s possible you will go down in history as the guy that saved the world with you covid 29 antidote [emoji23]

On a slightly more serious note, I was under ( possibly an incorrect) impression that soap and water was more efficient than alcoholic gel, the latter being an option if not at home for example.
I don’t have any gel not that been confined to home now makes it a necessity and tbh I prefer to use soap and water anyway.

Soap and water is better, as you wash it off your hands and down the sink. Sanitiser you're just rubbing it around.. only suggested to be used if you're somewhere you can't wash your hands

Plenty of yeast on the shelves, just no strong, plain or SR flour.
Where!
I managed to buy some fresh yeast, but cannot find dried yeast for love nor money

EDIT
Iffresh yeast is any good, ask at the bakery counter in Sainsburys, i bought an 800g block fro £2.80 today.

Lets all go to the Palace of Westminster then, no-one has ever died there of anything!
Looking at them all on the TV I suggest that's right :D

Lets all go to the Palace of Westminster then, no-one has ever died there of anything!
Buckingham Palace would be better, there's supposed to be £2m worth of fine wines in the cellars there & it's unoccupied at the moment ;)

Where!
I managed to buy some fresh yeast, but cannot find dried yeast for love nor money

EDIT
Iffresh yeast is any good, ask at the bakery counter in Sainsburys, i bought an 800g block fro £2.80 today.

Asda Coryton had some, my brother bought some from Aldi yesterday, no flour though........

Fresh is great stuff

Last edited:
Buckingham Palace would be better, there's supposed to be £2m worth of fine wines in the cellars there & it's unoccupied at the moment ;)
I'm sure her Maj. wouldn't mind sharing for the common good (y)
And lets not forget what Marie Antoinette, apparently said :D

Do you have 100% proof of this? No; you don’t. Here, is the difference between FACT and OPINON. Unsubstantiated opinions are what creates fear and hatred.

’Almost certainly’. Let’s wait until it is 100% proven then, eh? So far, this claim is unsubstantiated by actual science and scientists. Whilst it MAY be true, we don’t yet know this. Let’s stick to facts, eh?

Well, pointing the finger is exactly what you’re doing. And does tht really matter at this stage? This is exactly what ****s like Trump are doing. And it will create fear, hatred and division. And people will suffer as a result. And theres enough suffering already.

By any chance are you Chinese and taking the hump?
We know they have plenty of bots actively posting everywhere spreading lies even before this. Which is well documented as are most of these things he has said.

Let’s be realistic he himself posted to say he had been arrested and told not to speak about it under the new law Xi implemented months before ,meaning anyone that said something they didn’t like could be charged with spreading rumours against the state.
There are countless others that have since disappeared for spreading news from in Wuhan about how bad it actually was.

There was massive outcry across China by the public which similarly was all wiped from the internet until they got smart and used different hashtags.
Then the government publicly apologised for this and said the officials were being investigated(the way there government party/China works you pass the buck to someone lower)
The issue is Chinese people forget these things quickly as the ccp has such a great propaganda machine.

As for wet markets it’s well know that’s pretty much confirmed where it came from ,a bat and a pangolin similarly sars was know to have come from wet markets and as was posted before they will reappear as soon as this is gone as it’s such an earner and in ploys many people.
After sars it was quietly re introduced and was even added to law that all these wild animals could be eaten or used for medicine.

There is a difference about stating where it came from and using it to discriminate or attack Chinese or Asian people.

My wife is Chinese and even asks what is wrong with Chinese people and the fact that they eat everything, but you have to remember that while China fronts as this super rich country only about 10% of those are actually rich the rest sit in or under the poverty line so have but no choice.

saw a post yesterday about members of the travelling community giving grief to supermarket staff with regards to bulk buying ,basically causing a rumpus at the tills to get there own way . just been to the garage/post office and one was in there doing the same saw it with my own eyes .
sad thing to say but we need lockdown with police on the streets a.s.a.p

saw a post yesterday about members of the travelling community giving grief to supermarket staff with regards to bulk buying ,basically causing a rumpus at the tills to get there own way . just been to the garage/post office and one was in there doing the same saw it with my own eyes .
sad thing to say but we need lockdown with police on the streets a.s.a.p

Remember they are above the law!!!

As for wet markets it’s well know that’s pretty much confirmed where it came from ,a bat and a pangolin similarly sars was know to have come from wet markets
Depends on what you believe.

I'm still not sure that the origin has been 100% confirmed but even if it has, how do any of us know for sure that the source of that info is legitimate ( even if it comes from govt!)

Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions and I don't put any individual ( govt official or other) on a pedestal and believe what is stated simply based that these individuals have some sort of authorative title.….I remain open minded to the info that is offered to us.

Some of the views from Dr Francis Boyle ( google him if you wish) are quite interesting, particularly concerning BSL4 laboratories,…….This is not to say that the cause stems from that source, nonetheless it has not been, AFAIK, completely ruled out.

The confinement regulations in place here in France have been / are being rienforced with tighter controls as I type ….The words are being spoken by some govt official (Christophe Castanier Minister Interior) on the TV at this very moment

Edited to add name of official

Last edited:
Surely only this sort of extensive testing will allow the country to get back to some sort of normality before a vaccine is rolled out.
Otherwise we will be on lockdown till next year...

I am guessing that this account is entirely accurate

Close enough. Glad I had some Bepanthen nappy rash cream (also used to keep fresh tattoos moist for the first few days!) Wasn't easy going without food for 2 days, either!

By any chance are you Chinese and taking the hump?
We know they have plenty of bots actively posting everywhere spreading lies even before this. Which is well documented as are most of these things he has said.

Let’s be realistic he himself posted to say he had been arrested and told not to speak about it under the new law Xi implemented months before ,meaning anyone that said something they didn’t like could be charged with spreading rumours against the state.
There are countless others that have since disappeared for spreading news from in Wuhan about how bad it actually was.

There was massive outcry across China by the public which similarly was all wiped from the internet until they got smart and used different hashtags.
Then the government publicly apologised for this and said the officials were being investigated(the way there government party/China works you pass the buck to someone lower)
The issue is Chinese people forget these things quickly as the ccp has such a great propaganda machine.

As for wet markets it’s well know that’s pretty much confirmed where it came from ,a bat and a pangolin similarly sars was know to have come from wet markets and as was posted before they will reappear as soon as this is gone as it’s such an earner and in ploys many people.
After sars it was quietly re introduced and was even added to law that all these wild animals could be eaten or used for medicine.

There is a difference about stating where it came from and using it to discriminate or attack Chinese or Asian people.

My wife is Chinese and even asks what is wrong with Chinese people and the fact that they eat everything, but you have to remember that while China fronts as this super rich country only about 10% of those are actually rich the rest sit in or under the poverty line so have but no choice.

Well said and just to put the record straight I also have an in-law that is Chinese. It is their government I have an issue with.

Does Tim:

a) care about the health and welfare of his staff
b) care about his profit
or
c) doesn't give a s*** about his staff because he's not going to be working the bar anyway.

answers on a psotcard.....

Does Tim:

a) care about the health and welfare of his staff
b) care about his profit
or
c) doesn't give a s*** about his staff because he's not going to be working the bar anyway.

answers on a psotcard.....

Best way to get a genuine answer ( or lie ;)) might be to send postcards direct to him!:naughty:

Do you have 100% proof of this? No; you don’t. Here, is the difference between FACT and OPINON. Unsubstantiated opinions are what creates fear and hatred.

’Almost certainly’. Let’s wait until it is 100% proven then, eh? So far, this claim is unsubstantiated by actual science and scientists. Whilst it MAY be true, we don’t yet know this. Let’s stick to facts, eh?

Well, pointing the finger is exactly what you’re doing. And does tht really matter at this stage? This is exactly what ****s like Trump are doing. And it will create fear, hatred and division. And people will suffer as a result. And theres enough suffering already.

Dont have proof just for you, but if the chinese government said Sorry we got it wrong then thats good enough for me.

All 40 million in california ordered to stay home. According to bbc.

Yes.

Why am I not surprise :( , he and Porky* Johnson are Brexit bedfellows :(.

* As in pork pies not referring to his porky build, that would be wrong :)

Dont have proof just for you, but if the chinese government said Sorry we got it wrong then thats good enough for me

Fair enough but in all honesty, has anybody really "got it right" , be it China's initial response or other govts reaction / or lack of to the viral spread ?

The answer to that I feel is nothing more than ones opinion.

Appointing blame and / or expecting appologies is inutile in our way forward to overcoming this global problem.

Last edited:
Until doing a quick search I wasn’t aware that Tim Martin is:

British businessman, and best known as the founder and Chairman of Wetherspoon

Makes blatantly clear ( to me anyway) the reason for his ridiculous, selfish and narrow minded comment.
What a t*t!
And on TV almost every day (it seemed :() preaching brexit over the past several years.

I don't think there's any realistic doubt about this.

The link with SARS and civets is clear, the link with the new virus and pangolins much less so - it's just a plausible theory based on the sequence evidence. They've found a bat virus that's very similar to the new virus, and a pangolin virus that is less similar in general, except in a few regions that are even closer to the human virus than the bat virus is. Perhaps similar viruses to these have swapped genetic material while co-infecting pangolins. But perhaps a human was directly infected with a bat virus (or a virus from some third animal) that we just haven't sampled. People who live in the rural areas near the bat colonies have evidence of direct exposure to bat coronaviruses. The first documented COVID-19 case did not have a link to the market, and an even earlier case has been reported in the press.

And on TV almost every day (it seemed :() preaching brexit over the past several years.
Tbh Richard I wouldn't know as by choice I typically avoid the news / current affairs in so far as remaining up to date on a daily basis.
Reason, because there is often too much negativity and speculation which tbh is not good for anyone's health.
My post about facts rather than hear say basically states that.

It's actually only due to this present global situation and the ongoing changes relating to confinement that I'm finding myself keeping a closer tab on affaires but once the situation eventually reaches a plateau and shows signs of abbating, I will again be avoiding the media!

Similar with Brexit, I only concern myself with it when I get wind that something definitive has actually been put in place.

Tbh Richard I wouldn't know as by choice I typically avoid the news / current affairs in so far as remaining up to date on a daily basis.
you are very fortunate to have missed him.
Reason, because there is often too much negativity and speculation which tbh is not good for anyone's health.
My post about facts rather than hear say basically states that.

It's actually only due to this present global situation and the ongoing changes relating to confinement that I'm finding myself keeping a closer tab on affaires but once the situation eventually reaches a plateau and shows signs of abbating, I will again be avoiding the media!

Similar with Brexit, I only concern myself with it when I get wind that something definitive has actually been put in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back