The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slovenia here....we just had our first school in the country close its' doors for 14 days and as luck would have it, it was my daughter's school. In self-isolation now...luckily my job and the company's owners understand the need for it.

On another note it appears someone has "procured" 40 bottles of alcohol rub from my workplace! Bit worrying considering I work in a Neonatal Intensive Care!!!

Someone apparently cleared out a gynaecology ward in our local hospital a couple of days ago.

On another note it appears someone has "procured" 40 bottles of alcohol rub from my workplace! Bit worrying considering I work in a Neonatal Intensive Care!!!

That's awful! Hope they aren't found on eBay but have been taken by mistake to another department.

Let us know when you do get it, and we can all :ROFLMAO:

Ok. Will do. (y)

In the mean time; try and contract a sense of humour from somewhere. They do say that laughter is contagious... ;)

Ok. Will do. (y)

In the mean time; try and contract a sense of humour from somewhere. They do say that laughter is contagious... ;)
Hilarious:)
Well it might have been if you'd posted it in the joke thread.

Last edited:
Ok. Will do. (y)

Hilarious:)
Well it might have been if you'd posted it in the joke thread.

Had 'issues' with this contributor in another thread Bob - wouldn't waste your breath on him - he doesn't understand facts unfortunately :-(

Not sure what the very latest is on this but the decision making around it is like walking a very fine line between closing the economy or trying to slow the spread of the virus.

Contrary to posts I made earlier this disease is extremely worrying as we have no immunity to, it's highly infectious and has a high mortality rate.

As citizens we have serious responsibility in trying to slow the spread and taking every sensible measure we can.

Had 'issues' with this contributor in another thread Bob - wouldn't waste your breath on him - he doesn't understand facts unfortunately :-(

What you mean is; I, and others, had opinions different to yours, you got wound up and became abusive. Let's have it right.

Maybe but it wasn’t funny!

Tough crowd...

What you mean is; I, and others, had opinions different to yours, you got wound up and became abusive. Let's have it right.

Tough crowd...

I think you need to re-read the thread as it was you that became abusive! Like I said you struggle with the facts :-(

Tough crowd...
I haven’t got wound up by it at all, and I don’t think I’ve been abusive :(. When you posted it originally I was just puzzled by what you meant and when you explained it was a joke I just thought it wasn’t funny, and it wasn‘t/ain't :(.

I haven’t got wound up by it at all, and I don’t think I’ve been abusive :(. When you posted it originally I was just puzzled by what you meant and when you explained it was a joke I just thought it wasn’t funny, and it wasn‘t/ain't :(.
It was only the tough crowd comment that applied to you :)

Similar story from an anaesthetist my wife knows, the alcohol etc is under lockdown and extra security in place due to theft. Some people....

It’s all well and good making jokes about it ,but remember some of our members myself included are in a high risk category due to age and health issues . I don’t really see the point in being flippant about this every Day it’s getting to be more like the script of a disaster movie . Get it in your heads it’s real ,it’s happening and it’s going to have adverse effects on how we live and work .

My daughter works for A national food company and they have totally banned visitors in the head office under any circumstances ,no reps etc ..

given that we are around two weeks behind Italy enjoy your freedom while it lasts .

Today’s top tip ,buy glue ..... so you can make models out of toilet roll tubes when your stuck indoors for two weeks

Are any of these containment tactics working, doesn't seem like it
Maybe just let it run its course, overwhelming majority will be ok
Its out there and to quote the Borg, resistance is futile

Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson have tested positive in Australia, where Tom has been filming.

Your attitude will increase the rate of spread of the virus and it would be fair to describe you as an anti-social menace who cares nothing for his fellow citizens.

You're seriously advocating 80% of the UK population getting coronavirus (52.8 million people)?
You're seriously advocating the death of 1,795,000 people from the UK? (based on WHO mortality rate of 3.4%)

Your attitude will increase the rate of spread of the virus and it would be fair to describe you as an anti-social menace who cares nothing for his fellow citizens.

Do you realise they were intending to enlist the help of psychopaths in the aftermath of a nuclear strike
Sometimes decisions have to be made that are devoid of empathy.

You're seriously advocating 80% of the UK population getting coronavirus (52.8 million people)?
You're seriously advocating the death of 1,795,000 people from the UK? (based on WHO mortality rate of 3.4%)

You say that like its a fact, you quote maximum, how about take the opposite minimum number view

Last edited:

what containment tactics??

You say that like its a fact, you quote maximum, how about take the opposite minimum number view

Actually I quote the WHO's own mortality rate.
I haven't seen any "opposite minimum number view" but if you can show me I'll gladly accept it??

what containment tactics??

According to the government we are in the containment phase, so the self isolate thing I presume.
All seems very vague, not really sure how you can stop something like this.
People don't know they have it, go out shopping, off to work, take in a gig or film and it goes from there.
Can't put the Genie back in the bottle, haven't seen many people standing the suggested 2 metres apart

According to the government we are in the containment phase, so the self isolate thing I presume.
All seems very vague, not really sure how you can stop something like this.
People don't know they have it, go out shopping, off to work, take in a gig or film and it goes from there.
Can't put the Genie back in the bottle, haven't seen many people standing the suggested 2 metres apart
When a danger is growing exponentially, everything looks fine until it doesn’t.

I haven't seen any "opposite minimum number view" but if you can show me I'll gladly accept it??

Not even going to look, all just hypothetical anyway
A German virologist and former disease control expert gave his country a maximum figure of 40,000 deaths.
That was based on the Chinese model, given their population is larger than ours it should be less here

Can't put the Genie back in the bottle

And as I pointed out a few pages back, the genie was out of the bottle (and Covid-19 was around the world) before the news hit the World.

Enough time wasted on this conversation, things to do and other stuff to think about.
Just out of interest i'm in the at risk group, over 60 with Asthma, but its sunny out there and a good day to take some photos

Last edited:
A German virologist and former disease control expert gave his country a maximum figure of 40,000 deaths.
That was based on the Chinese model, given their population is larger than ours it should be less here

"Not even going to look"

That pretty much sums up your whole attitude right there

No other country has done what China did (probably couldn’t if they tried). It’s been calculated that if China had started their containment only a week earlier(which they could have done) it would have produced a major reduction in the number of infections -- exponential, you see ;(

"Not even going to look"

That pretty much sums up your whole attitude right there

If you say so, calm down, you seem very worked up about things you have absolutely no control over
I'm not looking because its all an unknown quantity, you know nothing for certain, exactly the same as me in that respect

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back