The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, sadly, we are still only about 2 weeks behind Italy, which had barely more deaths than we have now 16 days ago. Today they have over 9000.
Deaths are subjective though at 14 days they still had considerably more. On February 16th Italy had just 3 reported cases of infection, we had 9 in the UK, again all subjective, effective comparisons can't really be made because there are way to many variables.

All depends on the person. If under 60 and no health conditions it probably won’t do you any harm.
The stats back that up.

"All depends on the person" "If" "probably"

Any statistics that back that up are gonna be pretty low in the hierarchy of evidence.

Lloyd's pharmacy had to close 6 branches due to violent and abusive behaviour towards their staff....
Terrible.

https://news.sky.com/video/share-11964648

I was about to post this link below when I saw your post. It must be happening all over the country. This is at a Tescos in a place called March,Cambridgeshire and today our friend in Cornwall told us that earlier today the police were called to Tescos in Helston,West Cornwall (most on here will know that) I Googled it and found the article but it won't open. The bit on the Google page stated that the chap was tasered. You don't get that sort of behaviour in Sainsburys or Waitrose :D I had to queue outside Morrisons this afternoon and people were let in one or two at a time and to pay customers had to go into a 'lane' (with barriers) at the end of the ailse (away from the tills) and when you got to the end of the aisle opposite the tills a staff member directed customers to a till that was about to become free. All very civilised with customers having small chats as they moved forward. On the floor there were strips laid at 2m intervals both in the store and outside where cutomers queueed. I had the misfortune to have a lady behind me who smoked and the wind brought it directly to me. I loathe cigarette smoke. It makes me catch my breathe and I don't have any breathing problems. I spoke to a securty chap who was just inside the store .I'd not seen him before and his uniform was quite smart. He was from West Brom...strong accent too. Problem is I heard today that the Midlands is another hot spot .

March,Cambridgeshire https://www.cambstimes.co.uk/news/tesco-staff-assaulted-amid-covid19-1-6574131

Last edited:
We don't have a dog anymore but we did have two retrievers and I do feel better when I see people walking along the wide grass verge opposite our house with their dogs so I don't feel the need to go for a walk myself :)
He's a Lurcher. He's an old dog. His name is Ben. He's over 14 and deaf.
He was a rescue dog, and he's been a great pet and a brilliant companion. He's accompanied me on many photography outings.
I fear he may not be with us too much longer.

He's a Lurcher. He's an old dog. His name is Ben. He's over 14 and deaf.
He was a rescue dog, and he's been a great pet and a brilliant companion. He's accompanied me on many photography outings.
I fear he may not be with us too much longer.
He's probably thinking that about you. :)

Just noticed hidden in the bbc news red button service there's a story of only offering end of life treatment to anyone thats "completely dependent for personal care for whatever reason" which has caused a smaller stir than I would expect, but then its not on the mainstream media so.....

You don't need any equipment.
I have only ordered equipment for myself, because of the training I do. The vast majority of people can work out quite easily in there own home without the need to step outside.

Yawn....

I have a back complaint and a dodgy knee, walking is about the only exercise I can do that doesn't confine me to a bed/chair for a day or two afterwards. I've tried cycling ( and cycling machines) rowing machines etc, walking for an hour or two is about the only thing that doesn't set my back or my knee off into pain. So, there's not "plenty" of exercise I can do inside my home.

I do find your posts very irritable, so I won't be seeing them in future.

Yawn....

I have a back complaint and a dodgy knee, walking is about the only exercise I can do that doesn't confine me to a bed/chair for a day or two afterwards. I've tried cycling ( and cycling machines) rowing machines etc, walking for an hour or two is about the only thing that doesn't set my back or my knee off into pain. So, there's not "plenty" of exercise I can do inside my home.

I do find your posts very irritable, so I won't be seeing them in future.
Try doing the correct exercises then. There are plenty of gentle exercises you can do within the home that will raise the heart rate without any impact on your back or knee.

Just saw a piece on BBC1 about the virus. It ended with short videos from cities around the world. Guess which city had the most people walking about?

Dave

Went to the local supermarket first thing this morning, they're doing a really good job of keeping the shelves stock and enforcing social distancing.

Counting in and out, only letting a certain number in at one time. The floor is marked in 2metre gaps.

Sad to see some still attempting to buy more than they need though, thankfully the staff are being pretty vigilant. Was sad to see it's those who should be old enough to know better doing it though, not one of the people that the staff had to take something out of their trollies (usually bog roll for some reason) was under 50.

And they all still had packs of 24, wtf happens to you at 50 that means you're using several bog rolls a day?

Just watched a few videos of the police in India beating people who won’t quarantine with “lathis” a long stick a idea Left over from colonial days when we ruled India . Just wondered how long it will take to resurrect there use here .

Joking aside it’s quite horrific to see how other countries are treating this ,a social divide between the so called civilised world and the slum dog empire . And also makes me wonder how things will develop in the USA with all there guns ?

Went to the local supermarket first thing this morning, they're doing a really good job of keeping the shelves stock and enforcing social distancing.

Counting in and out, only letting a certain number in at one time. The floor is marked in 2metre gaps.

And they all still had packs of 24, wtf happens to you at 50 that means you're using several bog rolls a day?

tablets and medication Andy I have pills for my heart that constipate you and others that make you fart for England ,so to normalise things you then need lactulose the well known motion lotion followed by copious amounts of bog roll for your daily 3 or 4 craps . As they say m8 s*** ’appens :wave::wave::wave:

tablets and medication Andy I have pills for my heart that constipate you and others that make you fart for England ,so to normalise things you then need lactulose the well known motion lotion followed by copious amounts of bog roll for your daily 3 or 4 craps . As they say m8 s*** ’appens :wave::wave::wave:

Well I'm only 10 years off being a hoarder then :)

Did my click & collect groceries from Sainsbury’s yesterday and found it wasn’t properly signed which led to take a trolley and join a long queue in the c&c car park which turned out to a queue fog the store :(. Should have taken my car in but the entry lane was taped off!
Anyway, by the time (10 mins) I got to the collection point I realised my error and I was the only one waiting, called on the intercom thingy and shopping was wheeled out in 5 mins, very smooth.
I did get there a few mins before the 1hr collection slot but only one other person arrived to collect. If they only have 1 person bringing the shopping out I guess they can’t handle more than about 12 an hour.

Got home to find a letter from HMG telling me I must not leave the house for any reason whatsoever and that daily supplies of loo paper will be delivered, my medication etc will be delivered.

Contactless payment limit increased to £45 from 1st April

Maybe everyone knew about this but has been brought forward because of covid-19

https://www.ukfinance.org.uk/press/press-releases/contactless-limit-uk-be-increased-45
I was thinking raising the limit would be a good idea before I heard they were doing this. It would also make sense to increase the number of transactions you can make before confirming your pin is required. And since most people pay contactless the machines could be programmed to default to this option without an extra screen touch. If they also started adding your purchases with the first scan (as some of them do already) rather than having to press start, you might not have to touch the screen at all.

I was thinking raising the limit would be a good idea before I heard they were doing this.

We were discussing the same thing just yesterday, and then today discovered it was being done. It will be interesting to see if they are also some of the changes made that you suggest.

It will be interesting to see if they are also some of the changes made that you suggest.
The one problem is that this will make stealing the cards a more attractive proposition to the morally challenged. :(

Spit in theirs and tell them you're supposed to be in quarantine already.

getting it early is not going to reduce the number of deaths, if anything it will increase them!

But, not that I agree with the idea, for the individual if they are likely to get it now would be a good/better time rather when more people need treatment/ventilators. Obviously the individual would have to have no regard for family, friends, NHS or society/the country.

Wonder how many people are considering it, not me BTW.

But, not that I agree with the idea, for the individual if they are likely to get it now would be a good/better time rather when more people need treatment/ventilators. Obviously the individual would have to have no regard for family, friends, NHS or society/the country.

Wonder how many people are considering it, not me BTW.

Maybe. I guess in the coming weeks or months they may be able to be better and understanding treatment so that could change. Don’t think it’s that selfish, demand is low now so you could argue it’s trying to flatten the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back