The Wallace Monument

One of the better ones taken of this view,and i should know as i have taken a few myself, as an aside i was born in one of the houses on the road leading up to the monument.

Nice shot- Not too keen on the frame - but a great shot non the less

Les :)

A good capture of the classic view.

I grew up just outside Stirling, and we could see Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument from the front of the house. The hill directly behind the monument is Dumyat and I was at school with a boy whose family lived in Blairlogie House, at the foot of it. Left in 1974 and I've never been back though.

One of the better ones taken of this view,and i should know as i have taken a few myself, as an aside i was born in one of the houses on the road leading up to the monument.
A good capture of the classic view.

I grew up just outside Stirling, and we could see Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument from the front of the house. The hill directly behind the monument is Dumyat and I was at school with a boy whose family lived in Blairlogie House, at the foot of it. Left in 1974 and I've never been back though.

yes good old Dumyat and the Ochils...I was born in Bo'ness and worked in Grangemouth...the lads in the office had a hill walking group and we used to do the Ochils each week...in winter when the snows were deep...hot soup and a roll at the top or end of the walk...Dollar Glen was our favourite and King Seat..that was in 1964...i eventually left for work in London in 1980
cheers

Last edited:
Back