The Wirels (Updated - The Snowball Fight)

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm doing the TP 52 this year and as part of it I have been planning a little side project which I have just now christened 'The Wirels'. I intend to make a series of shots with The Wirels going forwards - not just for my 52 - and this is where I will be documenting the journey.

Constructive criticism is always welcome so I am hoping a few of you will follow along and help me take the best shots I can and keep it interesting. First pair of photos below have a somewhat serious tone - I am planning some more light hearted shots too. Like I said... hoping to keep it interesting and maybe create a little photo book for myself once I have enough in the bag. I'll be mostly using my Nikon D7000 and the below were with my Tamron 90mm Macro onboard and SB600 flash for lighting. I also have an old Panasonic FZ8 bridge camera and have finally got a mobile phone with a semi decent camera - so will be mixing it up between all of these.

I don't have the fanciest kit - but I figure creativity is more important...

"On the Edge"
Week 7_Broken by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

"Be the Light"
Week 8_Ability by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Last edited:
These are great. You got the postures just right to tell the story perfectly.
Good luck with this.

Gaz

One Wirel appears to have got himself castaway...

Transport_4 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

...and things are getting a bit choppy :/

Transport_2 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr
Only just come across your thread. Love it.
The raft photos suggest to me that Wirel and his friends should reenact the Werner Herzog film Aguirre, the Wrath of God. Wirel is the perfect recast for the lead role and he already has a raft and an Amazonian forest. Wirel, the Wrath of God.

Only just come across your thread. Love it.
The raft photos suggest to me that Wirel and his friends should reenact the Werner Herzog film Aguirre, the Wrath of God. Wirel is the perfect recast for the lead role and he already has a raft and an Amazonian forest. Wirel, the Wrath of God.

Thanks Peter - appreciate you to stopping by comment :)

When you say Werner Herzog I think Grizzly Man or On Death Row ... neither of which would turn out great for the Wirels!

Fi,
I am loving the instalments with the "Wirels", I have missed some instalments on the 52 as due to work I seem to always be playing catch up at the mo. Please continue as these little people really should go viral as everyone I have shown them to has loved them.

I think they would make awesome cards and would sell well at craft markets and online. (Just a thought)..

Fi,
I am loving the instalments with the "Wirels", I have missed some instalments on the 52 as due to work I seem to always be playing catch up at the mo. Please continue as these little people really should go viral as everyone I have shown them to has loved them.

I think they would make awesome cards and would sell well at craft markets and online. (Just a thought)..

Thank you Heather - that's really kind of you to say. I would love to share the Wirels with everyone and make cards etc. I honestly don't know how best to start with that though.

Wonderful....what else is there to say?:love:....apart from:ty:

They should have their own TV series. :cool: :)

Woo Hoo I've missed the Wirels...

Back