There really are some unscrupulous companies out there.

mex

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
After being made redundant recently (via email which was a nice touch) I now know how s*** one can feel when you are faced with the thought of being out of work (I have now found another job fortunately) . This got me thinking about the way some businesses conduct themselves, not to their customers but to their own employees. British airways during the pandemic were one of the first to force changes on their staff by proposing to make them redundant and then re-employing them on new (and apparently worse) contracts, now British gas are looking to do the same to some of their workforce. They will all use the same story of 'improving customer experience' etc. ,well from personal experience as a former engineer with BG , the customers experience has been crap for years, getting engineers to push sales down the throats of the customer at every opportunity just doesn't work, they get cheesed off eventually and go elsewhere. Customers used to respect and trust the engineers, not so much anymore.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53433452

Have come close to that, the company i worked for many years ago said they were looking to change things and managers would need to apply for the job they had and others could apply, i said i felt no need to apply for a job as i had one, stuck to my guns till the very end and found i kept my job without applying

you are as employable as you are skilled in my book, to many people been floating for years in the UK especially in the grey service industry doing non existence jobs and that has come to bite people in the last few months, the s***ty gig economy which has made a few rich on the back of people that don't do PAYE and NI so didn't qualify for the JRS HMRC scheme as they are essentially tax dodgers and are now crying as the #UKExcluded people need to man up and do proper jobs that actually add value.

Back