Thetford Forest

Edit My Images
No
I've been wanting to try some woodland photography for a while but have been a bit apprehensive as its not my usual thing. This was a bit of a recce to find a location & i'll be returning soon to get some proper autumnal colour with hopefully some good shooting conditions.

IMG_6918 by Tom Harvey, on Flickr

IMG_6868 by Tom Harvey, on Flickr

IMG_6836 by Tom Harvey, on Flickr

Cheers T

I think the second works really well, with the composition leading your eyes from left to right with the patches of light and the shape of the tree. The tree also stands out with it’s autumn colour against the darker backdrop. Really like this one

Great set, lovely colours. I’m a bit fascinated by woodland photography at the minute and am on the steep learning curve. I’d be chuffed with these. Only thing I would comment on is that the last is a bit tight on the rhs of the frame. Second is my pick as a fave. (y)

Great set, lovely colours. I’m a bit fascinated by woodland photography at the minute and am on the steep learning curve. I’d be chuffed with these. Only thing I would comment on is that the last is a bit tight on the rhs of the frame. Second is my pick as a fave. (y)

Thanks
It’s a bit of a learning curve for me to as I normally do seascapes but I really want to improve with this kind of photography. It’s quite different as the type of shooting conditions differ & not including a sky in a shot seems strange at first. It feels good trying something new tho!

Thanks
It’s a bit of a learning curve for me to as I normally do seascapes but I really want to improve with this kind of photography. It’s quite different as the type of shooting conditions differ & not including a sky in a shot seems strange at first. It feels good trying something new tho!

If you’ve not already had a look, check out Simon Baxter’s YouTube channel. Informative and inspiring.

3 very fine images.

I tried this yesterday and bombed, number 2 is very nice. (y)

Back