Things I haven't seen before @ YWP

nickEnackEnoo

Suspended / Banned
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
One of the Lions caught a wild Rabbit today and it was interesting watching his mum and brother keep their distance while he picked at it. Mum eventually grabbed the scraps, but the other lad didn't seem too interested.

Great watching Victor playing in the water with Pixel again, but even better seeing one of the younger one's slowly getting over his fear of the old man. Nissan almost joined in at one point, but just poked Vic from the water's edge.

One of the young Tiger's checking out Dad

I seemed to have missed this post - sorry I am a bit slow on the uptake but I love the picture of the bears splashing around. Really pleased to see Victor getting involved :)

I seemed to have missed this post - sorry I am a bit slow on the uptake but I love the picture of the bears splashing around. Really pleased to see Victor getting involved :)
I love watching the bears splashing about, but seldom get them in focus; I think I need another practice session ;)

Been to YWP many times over the past few years, and never seen any of the Tigers in the trees, really nice shot that, just a shame about the wire fence in the background

And i've still not seen the Polar Bears playing yet, every time i have been they seem to be asleep in the cave

I need to go back soon though to see the new Rhinos

Been to YWP many times over the past few years, and never seen any of the Tigers in the trees, really nice shot that, just a shame about the wire fence in the background
I think one of the young males has been getting nosey in recent weeks. There's also a video on YWPs facebook with (possibly) him up a tree in the opposite enclosure, then leaping onto the platform.
I did think about tinkering with the background and I wanted to keep the trunk in to show the (short) climb he'd managed :)

I love watching the bears splashing about, but seldom get them in focus; I think I need another practice session ;)

If I lived anywhere nearby I would be contantly practicing!

From the same day; I think this is how it played out

Nobby and Nissan playing in one plot, while the other two chilled across the way.

The gate separating them was opened and Pixel strolled in, eventually attracting Nissan, who left Nobby to sniff around on his own; Victor was still snoozing across the way.

Victor eventually comes through, which causes Nobby to scarper to where V & P had been, while Pixel decided to come and play with the old fella, leaving Nissan in two minds.

While V & P splash about with Nissan gradually getting closer to joining, little Nobby wanders back through and watches from the opposite end of the lake.

Got lion cubs in a tree at Woburn, rreally must get to YWP sometime
Bear shots are great (y)

You don't often see a Tiger up a tree, I've seen Lions up a tree at Whipsnade though.

You caught some really nice interaction in the second set :)

Got lion cubs in a tree at Woburn, rreally must get to YWP sometime
Bear shots are great (y)

You don't often see a Tiger up a tree, I've seen Lions up a tree at Whipsnade though.
You caught some really nice interaction in the second set :)

Cheers peeps.
I can't remember if London Zoo has a proper tree in the Tiger enclosure, but I saw their previous cubs clambering about up that.

Back