Third party inks

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I have just bought a Canon Selphy 1200 and wondered if there were any third party inks that I could buy rather than the Canon ones.

Canon ones aren't such as bad price, but just wandered if there was an alternative to the Canon KP-108IN?

Many thanks,

George

The Selphy paper and inks come in a pack. Fairly sure that there are no 3rd party ribbons available for them.

Last time I bought some paper/ink for mine, the prints worked out at about 20p each which isn't bad for postcards (the paper I use is the one that's pre-printed as a postcard on the back of the paper.)

It doesn't use ink, it's a dye sublimation printer. Doubt there are non-Canon print packs for it.

Never found any third party inks for mine, bought a fair few Canon refill packs when they were in a Currys sale

As already said it's a dye-sub printer and the cartridge and paper come in packs together. Look around for prices as I've had a few really good deals on Amazon and from our local photo shop in the past.

The Selphy paper and inks come in a pack. Fairly sure that there are no 3rd party ribbons available for them.

Last time I bought some paper/ink for mine, the prints worked out at about 20p each which isn't bad for postcards (the paper I use is the one that's pre-printed as a postcard on the back of the paper.)

Hi

Long time no 'speak'

Do you have the pack code for the postcard pre printed stock?

Weirdly I was asked this question on Monday. I have a Selphy 1200 that I have only used for a 54 print/ribbon run. I quite like it but need to use it more.

Steve

Not here! IIRC it has a P in the pack code - or should I say had since it seems to have been discontinued. I managed to get hold of a couple of packs of 108 just after I discovered that its days were numbered and I'm not going to part with them.

Not here! IIRC it has a P in the pack code - or should I say had since it seems to have been discontinued. I managed to get hold of a couple of packs of 108 just after I discovered that its days were numbered and I'm not going to part with them.
Not surprised

Was on a Skype call to a friend in Denver just now and remembered he had an old Selphy. He mentioned the pre printed sheets have not been available for some time but he had a rubber ink stamp made up which does the job.

Innovative.

Could be a solutiion. Might be worth seeing if somewhere like stampfactory.co.uk could make up a postcard address block.

Steve

Just dug one of my unopened Postcard Size packs out and it says Color Ink/Paper Set KP-361P

Steve, the "P" packs are slightly stiffer paper stock than the "N" (IIRC) ones.

I've seen some third party ink and paper packs on either amazon or ebay for these, haven't tried them though so wouldn't like to guess at their quality.

I've heard that if you use 3rd party cartridges and or refills it can void your warranty. For ink printers the alternatives can block nozzles and reduce the life of your printer. Not sure if it will cause similar issues since your printer is not an ink one.

Back