weekly Thirsty_camels 52'ers for 2018 - Weeks 23 to 25 added.

Hi Nigel, good to see you back and with some lovely shots too. Your area #1 is my pic as like the evening reflections in the water and the thingy up on the top.
Gate is a very good shot and think it goes well in mono, like the shadows and that the old gate is open a bit looks great walking too.

Loving the gate image, it really pulls you into wondering what the wood is like if you just step through.

Welcome back Nigel
Your Area - Nice reflections on the water for #1, but I think #2 for me as you can see more.
A top tip for night time shooting (apparently) is to get in just before it goes dark, so you can keep some colour in the sky (don't look at my night time shouts though, they are mostly completely dark ;) )
Gate - Doesn't look like it has a lot of use. I'd love to see a bit more detail, but the options on flickr don't really give you much more resolution. B&W suits it.

Your Area - I like the first one more with the light reflections on the water and the little trail of lights leading up to the tower on the hill. the second is a great view too.
Gate - I like the slightly larger version on flickr. It makes me want to go for a walk in the woods.

Good job old bean, glad to see the romatic interlude hasnt interfered with the togging.... ;)

Week 0 - I like both images, but the first one has the edge for me nice reflections in the water.

Gate(d) - bang on for the theme, good composition and the B&W works well for this image, lovely find for the theme.

I'd pick the second Area photo, great vista with the lake/river leading to the distant mountains.

Gate is a good subject for the theme, perhaps a bit of a shame the front is in shadow but the back light does pick out the bars nicely

B&W suits the gate really well Nigel. Nicely composed; makes you wonder what's around the corner

That Gate is a nice find, perhaps you could have got in a little closer to show more gate detail, although there is lots of interest in the accompanying trees. (y)

Welcome back Nigel :wave:

Some nice starting shots to your 52 this year, especially liking the reflections and colours in the first, and a wonderful landscape from that lofty position... but my fav is the gate, not sure if it the B&W or the general image but it has something, guessing the lovely light helps but the leading curve of the mound is cool too , nice mate (y)

Great find for gate, and I like the B&W processing!

You're off to a good start with those, Nigel (y) I like the colours and reflections in the first but my favourite is the second for the sheer scale and layers of distance in the scenery. Your gate image is the pick of the bunch though, and works very well in B&W to accentuate the shapes and shadows while the gate sits nicely in the frame. It being slightly open adds interest too as your eye automatically wanders through to the trees beyond. Lovely image :clap:

the first is simple and effective good clean shot and my favorite of the two.

#2 for me, the sneaky shot of the queue in the coffee shop. Works well in B&W and lots to see in that photo. :)

Biographies ... an interesting slant on the theme. (even if Nigel is a dog) :)

Week 0-2 - The long view of Lake Zurich works better for me than the night shot. The gate I like - long shadows really add to a scene. Of the people shots I pfefer the second, though I'll often do a table top shot if the weather and/or time are against me I do like it when folks get out and about. Will drop back to see about week 3 and 4.

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)

Hi Nigel, good to see you back and with some lovely shots too. Your area #1 is my pic as like the evening reflections in the water and the thingy up on the top.
Gate is a very good shot and think it goes well in mono, like the shadows and that the old gate is open a bit looks great walking too.

Thanks Dave, it good to be back :). Sorry for the delay not really had much time so far this year to spend on this.... Thanks for your comments :).

Loving the gate image, it really pulls you into wondering what the wood is like if you just step through.

Thanks Jon.

Welcome back Nigel
Your Area - Nice reflections on the water for #1, but I think #2 for me as you can see more.
A top tip for night time shooting (apparently) is to get in just before it goes dark, so you can keep some colour in the sky (don't look at my night time shouts though, they are mostly completely dark ;) )
Gate - Doesn't look like it has a lot of use. I'd love to see a bit more detail, but the options on flickr don't really give you much more resolution. B&W suits it.

Thanks Tim and thanks for the tip on the night time shot.

Your Area - I like the first one more with the light reflections on the water and the little trail of lights leading up to the tower on the hill. the second is a great view too.
Gate - I like the slightly larger version on flickr. It makes me want to go for a walk in the woods.

Thanks

Good job old bean, glad to see the romatic interlude hasnt interfered with the togging.... ;)

lol - it has for weeks that have followed, spending a lot of time checking out wedding venues....

Week 0 - I like both images, but the first one has the edge for me nice reflections in the water.

Gate(d) - bang on for the theme, good composition and the B&W works well for this image, lovely find for the theme.

Thanks Mandy.

The gate is my kind of photograph - lovely shot

Thanks Lee.

I'd pick the second Area photo, great vista with the lake/river leading to the distant mountains.

Gate is a good subject for the theme, perhaps a bit of a shame the front is in shadow but the back light does pick out the bars nicely

Thanks Rich.

B&W suits the gate really well Nigel. Nicely composed; makes you wonder what's around the corner

Thanks John.

That Gate is a nice find, perhaps you could have got in a little closer to show more gate detail, although there is lots of interest in the accompanying trees. (y)

Thanks David, was tricky to get a well composed shot so made the best of what I could :).

Welcome back Nigel :wave:

Some nice starting shots to your 52 this year, especially liking the reflections and colours in the first, and a wonderful landscape from that lofty position... but my fav is the gate, not sure if it the B&W or the general image but it has something, guessing the lovely light helps but the leading curve of the mound is cool too , nice mate (y)

Thanks Dean I hope it continues :)... Was pleased with how the gate came out, looked awful in colour :).

Great find for gate, and I like the B&W processing!

Thanks Bernd.

You're off to a good start with those, Nigel (y) I like the colours and reflections in the first but my favourite is the second for the sheer scale and layers of distance in the scenery. Your gate image is the pick of the bunch though, and works very well in B&W to accentuate the shapes and shadows while the gate sits nicely in the frame. It being slightly open adds interest too as your eye automatically wanders through to the trees beyond. Lovely image :clap:

Thanks Andrea.

Blimey, is this the REAL Nigel :whistle:

I like the everyday action of the second image, but prefer the simplicity and layout of the first, both work well in B&W :)

Thanks Dean :).

Clever idea Nigel. Number 1 for me. The B&W works well and nicely lit:)

Thanks John.

#1 is a bit of a shoe-horn perhaps, but like DK, it is actually my fave of the two.
Quite tightly cropped and a strong graduation between light and shadow.
(y)

Thanks Tim, I like a bit of a shoehorn every now and then :).

#1 for me nigel, a great take on the theme, b+w was a good idea too. Might havemoved the vase on the rhs, perhaps remove the mug ring mark on the table?

Thanks Micheal, I was going for bedside look :).

the first is simple and effective good clean shot and my favorite of the two.

I will go for the book by Monty, as it has been said I look like him, a nice lay out of how you have placed them too.

Thanks Dave.

Definitely #1 for me Nigel, I really like the idea for the theme, perfect in the b&w too.

Thanks Susie.

#2 for me, the sneaky shot of the queue in the coffee shop. Works well in B&W and lots to see in that photo. :)

Thanks

People
I will go for the books.

Thanks

People - an interesting take on the theme, I much prefer the second image but I feel that the image could be a bit sharper, but the B&W works well.

Thanks Mandy

Good idea for your first People image, Nigel. I do like the street scene in your second image and the way they are all engaged in the moment, but the first one is a simple but effective idea and works extremely well in B&W. Nice work!

Thanks

Week 0-2 - The long view of Lake Zurich works better for me than the night shot. The gate I like - long shadows really add to a scene. Of the people shots I pfefer the second, though I'll often do a table top shot if the weather and/or time are against me I do like it when folks get out and about. Will drop back to see about week 3 and 4.

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)

Thanks David,, I finding it hard to get the time to look at everyones shots let alone comment so thank you for taking the time. :).

Shoehorn? Not in my eyes, there's high contrast between the foreground and the background.

Shoehorn? Not in my eyes, there's high contrast between the foreground and the background.

Thanks Dominic.

We do LOVE a good shoehorn Nigel :D

And for me that is very nice, I love the colours and textures of the sky and water set off against the dark shore, the sloping shoreline helps lead the eye nicely too (y)

Thanks Dean, I wanted the colours to be a bit brighter but my PS skills went up to the job :).

Back