weekly Thirsty's TP 52 challenge for 2017 - Weeks 43 & 44 Added

Above - reminds me of my school days, used to have to cross over a railway bridge like that. I like the glimpse of the tracks through the holes.

Evolve - Good idea, my son suggested the idea of B&W to colour to me but we couldn't think of a way of doing it. You have done it well with an interesting shot.

Good ideas Nigel... Above, a shame the crop isn't dead even albeit not far off, theme wise I think it works well, I really like the tracks peeking through the railings, converging along with the yellow lines, like it (y)

Evolved - Clever idea too, created in PP I assume which in this case for me doesn't make a difference, I really like this one too :)

Good ideas Nigel... Above, a shame the crop isn't dead even albeit not far off, theme wise I think it works well, I really like the tracks peeking through the railings, converging along with the yellow lines, like it (y)

Evolved - Clever idea too, created in PP I assume which in this case for me doesn't make a difference, I really like this one too :)

Hi Dean, I did run the straighten tool on the metal bar at the top so it just looks like it's not straight :), thanks for your comments thou :)

That's a very clever idea for evolved & nicely done (y)

Thanks Emma.

well spotted/shopped and interpreted. (y)

Thanks David

Hi Dean, I did run the straighten tool on the metal bar at the top so it just looks like it's not straight :), thanks for your comments thou :)

Very true, just relooked and I was referring to the diamond top left and top right, But you are level so guess it's the engineers that built it in the first place :LOL:

really nice, its very yellow overall I like it blends in with the pollen on the bee :clap:

Great submission for hold, vibrant colours and very sharp!

Well it's definitely holding on, so it certainly fits the theme. Well caught as well, good colours and detail.

Hi Nigel ....how have I missed commenting for so long ...big apologies for that, anyway I've had a good look back on your thread and you have so many smashing shots for the themes, really well done :clap:
Hold is excellent, love the colour of the pollen and the flowers, spot on focus too.

Smoke
It fits in with the theme. Nicely composed. Could also have been used as vivid, with that wonderful red hair.

Vivid
I like the second one, but the first one has more vivid colours on the wall. I can see why it was hard to decide.

Last edited:
Nice bee shot Nigel... again a bit hard on yourself, holding on works really well, and I love the detail and vivid colour throughout, sure is a lot of pollen on that bee :D

Thanks Dean, was pleased with that one and guess it was on theme :).

Hold, very nicely on theme imo. The bee is holding on and collecting pollen to hold on it`s legs, plus it is a great shot too :plus1::plus1:
Agree with DK, don`t be hard on your self as it is on theme :)

Thanks Dave.

really nice, its very yellow overall I like it blends in with the pollen on the bee :clap:

Thanks Allan.

Great submission for hold, vibrant colours and very sharp!

Thanks Bernd.

Sharp & colourful ... nice job.

Thanks David

Well it's definitely holding on, so it certainly fits the theme. Well caught as well, good colours and detail.

Thanks Dominic

Hi Nigel ....how have I missed commenting for so long ...big apologies for that, anyway I've had a good look back on your thread and you have so many smashing shots for the themes, really well done :clap:
Hold is excellent, love the colour of the pollen and the flowers, spot on focus too.

Thanks for your comments Susie, don't worry happens to us all :).

Hi Nigel.
Excellent sharpness and lovely colour matching of the bee and the flowers. :)

Thanks Tim.

Nice capture, well on theme, nice color and detail.

Thanks Walter.

That's a lovely shot - wonderful warm yellows, creamy bokeh and nicely composed (y)

Thanks Emma.

saw smoke and thought it was for vivid, but spot on theme for smoke (y)

i prefer the second image for vivid as she really stands out from the BG rather than blending in

+1 for the smoke Nigel. I thought it would do for vivid as well! Also liked the second vivid shot best. The orange top stands out more "vividly" (?sp)

Well spotted for smoke Nigel. I like both shots for vivid - the first is a lot of fun with her position and the bright graffiti, but the second I think is excellent with lots of strong lines leading your eye to her and interest in the background too :clap:

Liking both of them images for Vivid Nigel, I love the pose on the second and the lines of the rails and her fabulous legs coming in from the bottom LH corner !!! - but theme wise the graffiti background compliments yet again a great pose, love them both and praise due to the stretchy model (y)

She's just showing off :), second one for me because the subject is nicely isolated from the background

As has been said, the hair in Smoke could easily have qualified for Vivid. As for Vivid, second shot for me, much cleaner. Nice work.

Good work Nigel ... I like these ...

Nice find for Smoke ... well captured

and Vivid #2 is a beaut ... flexible lady suitably flexing on bridge of architectural interest. Sharp focus, with oof BG people. This is my favourite interpretation of the much-photographer Millennium bridge with St Pauls in BG. (y)

Good spot for smoke, although it feels like it could be straightened a littl. That could be partly due to the crooked planter she's leaning against though.

Vivid - for the theme I think the first one fits better with the colours of the graffiti and her top however, as a shot I think the second one is stronger with her pose and being more isolated from the background, I also like the lines of the bridge.

#2 for me, I like the context and the chap on the LHS looking on :)

No idea how she does this.

Crit, well a slight vignette would draw the eye in further.

Cheers.

Smoke looks a bit wonky to me, could probably do with a little bit of straightening. But nicely caught, and with her vivid red hair it could double up as a submission for vivid too.

I think vivid #2 is better composed and your (very flexible) model is standing out more.

Smoke, you got a shot in that`s on theme and for some reason I like the padlock in the smoke :)
Vivid, got to be the 1st shot how she has her feet up and together and she goes well with the graffiti :plus1:

Thanks David and hadn't noticed the padlock :).

saw smoke and thought it was for vivid, but spot on theme for smoke (y)

i prefer the second image for vivid as she really stands out from the BG rather than blending in

Thanks Allan.

+1 for the smoke Nigel. I thought it would do for vivid as well! Also liked the second vivid shot best. The orange top stands out more "vividly" (?sp)

Thanks John.

Well spotted for smoke Nigel. I like both shots for vivid - the first is a lot of fun with her position and the bright graffiti, but the second I think is excellent with lots of strong lines leading your eye to her and interest in the background too :clap:

Thanks Emma was pleased with the set I did with the model, you do get odd looks thou :).

Liking both of them images for Vivid Nigel, I love the pose on the second and the lines of the rails and her fabulous legs coming in from the bottom LH corner !!! - but theme wise the graffiti background compliments yet again a great pose, love them both and praise due to the stretchy model (y)

thanks Dean and she was indeed stretchy :).

She's just showing off :), second one for me because the subject is nicely isolated from the background

Thanks Chris.

As has been said, the hair in Smoke could easily have qualified for Vivid. As for Vivid, second shot for me, much cleaner. Nice work.

Thanks Chris.

Good work Nigel ... I like these ...

Nice find for Smoke ... well captured

and Vivid #2 is a beaut ... flexible lady suitably flexing on bridge of architectural interest. Sharp focus, with oof BG people. This is my favourite interpretation of the much-photographer Millennium bridge with St Pauls in BG. (y)

Thanks David, I did try and capture some a bit different so glad you like it :).

Good spot for smoke, although it feels like it could be straightened a littl. That could be partly due to the crooked planter she's leaning against though.

Vivid - for the theme I think the first one fits better with the colours of the graffiti and her top however, as a shot I think the second one is stronger with her pose and being more isolated from the background, I also like the lines of the bridge.

Steve, I know what you mean, none of the planters were level so had you use the door frames for a straight line which makes everything look wonky.

#2 for me, I like the context and the chap on the LHS looking on :)

No idea how she does this.

Crit, well a slight vignette would draw the eye in further.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy and think your right about the vignette.

That bright red hair certainly gives your smoke photo some vibrancy, well spotted.

Both photos are spot on for Vivid, I like them both, they're perfect for the theme.

Thanks Susie, as soon as I saw her hair I knew I wanted to get a shot of her :).

Like both for vivid, with #1 just edging it for BG colour.

thanks Walter.

Smoke looks a bit wonky to me, could probably do with a little bit of straightening. But nicely caught, and with her vivid red hair it could double up as a submission for vivid too.

I think vivid #2 is better composed and your (very flexible) model is standing out more.

Thanks for your comments as I said above the planters were not level so it makes it look wonky :).

Hi Nigel,
Smoke - Fits the theme well, but nothing to excite me really. I do like the red hair :)
Vivid - #2 for sure, as she pops out from teh background so nicely. Great shot that (y)

Thanks for your comments Tim, I knew smoke wouldn't be for everyone :)

Back