weekly Thirsty's TP 52 challenge for 2017 - Weeks 43 & 44 Added

Smooth it is Nigel, like the ear speakers how they are placed, good advert for apple too :)

Thanks David

bit grainy but i think it adds to the overall effect. nice B&W!

Thanks Dom, the grain seems to split opinion on this one but I think it works. :)

Comfort - works for the theme, I think I might have turned the toy round a bit. so the eyes were looking at the camera.

Hairy - simple but works well.

Smooth - Image is a bit noisy looking, like the B&W suits the image.

Thanks for your comment Mandy.

I don't mind a bit of noise, nicely composed could do with a little clean, good image though

Thanks Allan, I did give them a quick clean :).

Works well for the theme Nigel ...good choice in the b&white.

Thanks Susie

... bit shallow and grainy ... o_O

Not a fan then David ha ha ha.

Nice sharp focus on the earpiece and subtle reflected light to define the contours.

Thanks Carl.

The mono processing and grain work nicely for this one Nigel.
Good bit of product placement too. Might even work as stock.

Thanks Tim, might try on my stock account, mind you they might reject it due to the noise :).

I don't mind the depth of field but it is a bit noisy for me. Nicely composed though and the b&w works well.

Thanks Emma, seems like a marmite shot this one. :).

I like the noisiness, works well with the B&W conversion.

Thanks Bernd.

Quite noisy but I don't mind that, nice idea and works well in black and white

Thanks Mark.

Clever idea, but Im not sure about the DOF....

Thanks, maybe my 2nd one I just loaded works a little better, must of taken about 20 odd shots all sorts of angles and DOF....

Hi Nigel ...keep at it, we all have weeks that we're not happy with.

The DOF is a bit tight but I like the idea of the nuts and seeds for the theme.

thanks Susie, check out version 2 think that works better.

Nuts and seeds is a good idea and you are doing well sticking with it Nigel, agree with Susie, as my only shot I liked was the song title. You are doing well, and once the weather gets better, then so will you (y)

thanks for the encouragement David, have to say I'm really looking forward to the better weather to get out....

good choice for the theme (y) white balance is a little off but as said above stick with it

Keep with it Nigel ... just momentary ... we all suffer spells like this at times. #1 without a doubt for me - frame-filled, no distracting table edge in the shot and like the angle of the woodgrain.

very good idea and good colourful props. Think it would work well showing no table at all ...

Hi Nigel ...keep at it, we all have weeks that we're not happy with.
:agree:
I have had a couple of weeks that I've struggled with. But I'm determined not to give up. Even if it means chucking some old (not very good photo in).
I think doing this challenge is definitely helping me to improve.

Number 2 for me. It's definitely a challenge is this 52 thing. Gets the grey matter working.

Thanks Chris.

good choice for the theme (y) white balance is a little off but as said above stick with it

Thanks Allan, think your right, not a winner for me this week...

Keep with it Nigel ... just momentary ... we all suffer spells like this at times. #1 without a doubt for me - frame-filled, no distracting table edge in the shot and like the angle of the woodgrain.

thanks Carl, I'll stick with it just hoping the quality improves :).

I'm preferring the crop of the first Nigel, but the DoF of the second one, I like your thinking with this one :)

Thanks DK, shame I didn't get the execution right , maybe this week :)

Yeah, WB is a little off but I like the low POV.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, think your right chalk this one up to experience...

very good idea and good colourful props. Think it would work well showing no table at all ...

Thanks David.

:agree:
I have had a couple of weeks that I've struggled with. But I'm determined not to give up. Even if it means chucking some old (not very good photo in).
I think doing this challenge is definitely helping me to improve.

Thanks Dominic, I'll push on through it and keep going must be able to a few good images out this year :).

That's a tough choice between the two, I prefer the 1st for the space around the seeds and the fact you can't see the edge of the table but the 2nd for the lower POV which I think helps the DOF work better. I like the colour and mix of textures in the shot.

Great colours and textures in the shot, and I like the PoV. I don't like the edge of the table, so my choice has to be #1!

Mineral - nice choice for the theme, I do like the dof but I am not to keen on the bg. I find the score marks a bit off putting, I think if a different bg was used it may help lift the image and give it the edge that it needs.

That's a tough choice between the two, I prefer the 1st for the space around the seeds and the fact you can't see the edge of the table but the 2nd for the lower POV which I think helps the DOF work better. I like the colour and mix of textures in the shot.

Great colours and textures in the shot, and I like the PoV. I don't like the edge of the table, so my choice has to be #1!

Mineral - nice choice for the theme, I do like the dof but I am not to keen on the bg. I find the score marks a bit off putting, I think if a different bg was used it may help lift the image and give it the edge that it needs.

The first with just a touch more dof would be spot on for me - I like the lines from the table top, they're at a good angle to take you through the shot.

Thanks all, lets see what you all make of this weeks, I'm still praying for better weather so I can actually get out of the house and shoot....

Spot on theme, slices all even and in focus, light is for myself warm like cooking in the kitchen, very nice photo.:)

I agree with Andy, job done - no crits. Very nicely lit, composition and POV both good. Warm tones as Emma points out. Excellent

Nice muted colours, great composition, background works... nothing to criticise.

One of my faves of the week, mainly for the BG uplighting. :clap:

Hi Nigel.
Mineral - Neither shot for me I'm afraid. I feel that shots like that warrant the focal point 1/3rd to 2/3rds of the way in, not right at the front. That's just my personal opinion though.

Whole - Nice one. I really like the colours you've captured and the vignette really works to focus the eye (y)

You can't beat a good chopping board for a set up shot :) Lovely range of brown tones in this, and I especially like the reflection of the bread in the blade of the knife Nigel.

Spot on theme, slices all even and in focus, light is for myself warm like cooking in the kitchen, very nice photo.:)
Like it. Muted tones and colours work well.

Nice POV and detail.

No crit from me.

Cheers.
I agree with Andy, job done - no crits. Very nicely lit, composition and POV both good. Warm tones as Emma points out. Excellent
Nice muted colours, great composition, background works... nothing to criticise.
You nailed it this week, whole is a cracker, love the knife and slight reflection too :)
One of my faves of the week, mainly for the BG uplighting. :clap:
Nicely set up shot, works well with the different browns in the shot.
Simple, on theme and nicely put together. (y)
Whole - I agree with the others comments, I think you have indeed nailed this image (y).
Like this a lot, simple but with the different grains of the wooden work surface and the board and then the structure of the bread etc it works well, tied nicely together with an effective vignette.

Thanks all for comments, feeling the Mojo returning, could well have something to do with the weather :)

Hi Nigel.
Mineral - Neither shot for me I'm afraid. I feel that shots like that warrant the focal point 1/3rd to 2/3rds of the way in, not right at the front. That's just my personal opinion though.

Whole - Nice one. I really like the colours you've captured and the vignette really works to focus the eye (y)

thanks Tim, Mineral was MEH shoot anyway but think your right would of worked better with a different focal point.

Whats the bee hive thing? Not seen that...

Second one, the BF is OOF.... ;)

Yes that is an interesting structure, I've not seen it, but know what it is. This shows detail like I've not seen before. (y)

Shoehorn required to Routine :) ... but nice result.

Back