weekly Thirsty's TP 52 challenge for 2017 - Weeks 43 & 44 Added

A catch up on comments from me. Like your holding bee, your large is a good shot, really shows the size. Your architecture shots are great, fantastic detail in the church and lovely colour in that blue wall.

Love the large Nigel. Like the others say it's the people that give away the scale of the thing; only in New York !!

What an amazing blue colour on that building. Where is that? great spot for the theme.

That's an excellent find for Large, the people below really give it some perspective, perfect for the theme.

Hard to choose with Architecture as I really like them both for different reasons, love the angle of the church with the towering buildings either side, and I also really like the abstract nature of the wall ...great colour too.

Large ... nice find and yes that's large when we see people at the bottom ... but wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of them.

the church I like ... can never resist architecture old alongside new.

the abstracty blue things ... very eye-catching.(y)

Hi Nigel,
Large - Interesting bit of colour matching, yet still managing to have the subject stand out from the background (y)
The branches in the foreground don't help, but other than having a chain saw handy, I doubt there was much you could do about them.
Architecture - I have to go with your Iron Works image. Due to the colours and abstract nature.

Large - Jeff Koons nicking the work by an unknown Ukrainian artist :) Well captured, and I like the people around which gives the sculpture a sense of scale.
Architecture - I find the church shot has an odd PoV. I know, big city, limited space between the buildings, that's what you have to work with. But I really like your abstract blue wall with things protruding (y)

Like Large Nigel, nice bright colours and good that you kept the people in shot just to show how large it is :)
Architecture, #2 for me as I do like the abstract shot in it :)

Thanks David, I liked number 2 as well :)

Large is quite surreal - the people give it scale beautifully. I like the second architecture a lot - that's an amazing blue!

Thanks for you comments Emma.

A catch up on comments from me. Like your holding bee, your large is a good shot, really shows the size. Your architecture shots are great, fantastic detail in the church and lovely colour in that blue wall.

Thank for you comments Clive, was pleased with that set.

Love the large Nigel. Like the others say it's the people that give away the scale of the thing; only in New York !!

What an amazing blue colour on that building. Where is that? great spot for the theme.

thanks John, the blue Wall was in new york as well :)

That's an excellent find for Large, the people below really give it some perspective, perfect for the theme.

Hard to choose with Architecture as I really like them both for different reasons, love the angle of the church with the towering buildings either side, and I also really like the abstract nature of the wall ...great colour too.

Thanks Susie, I know what you mean about the Architecture ones which was I put both up :).

Large ... nice find and yes that's large when we see people at the bottom ... but wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of them.

the church I like ... can never resist architecture old alongside new.

the abstracty blue things ... very eye-catching.(y)

Thanks David, I know what you mean about more of the people, problem I was I was on a bus and didnt have long to frame the shot up properly plus I had to crop out a chunk of the bus as it was distracting :).

Hi Nigel,
Large - Interesting bit of colour matching, yet still managing to have the subject stand out from the background (y)
The branches in the foreground don't help, but other than having a chain saw handy, I doubt there was much you could do about them.
Architecture - I have to go with your Iron Works image. Due to the colours and abstract nature.

Thanks Tim, I think wandering round new york with a chain saw pruning branches might not of gone down well :).

Large - Jeff Koons nicking the work by an unknown Ukrainian artist :) Well captured, and I like the people around which gives the sculpture a sense of scale.
Architecture - I find the church shot has an odd PoV. I know, big city, limited space between the buildings, that's what you have to work with. But I really like your abstract blue wall with things protruding (y)

Thanks Bernd, I know the church isnt the greatest POV but had limited space so couldn't get back any further but see what you mean.

Hi Nigel :)

I'm liking the blue wall with metal bits, but for me it is the church, a real good juxtaposition with the modern towers either side, a good one for Architecture :)

Thanks Dean :)

I'm not into motor sports, so my favourite is #1. Great processing and whatever that is, it looks quite broken!

Hi Nigel

Broken - Fits the theme and the mono processing suits it :)
Transport - Why a shoe horn? Seems bang on for the theme to me. Great bit of work with the panning (y)
Minimalistic - I get where you're going with this, but I dunno, maybe the background is a bit cluttered?

Nice little catch up Nigel, of the 3 my pic is the transport shot yes all the shots are well taken but I do like the drag bike, plus it looks like he is only on his back wheel great panning too :)

Thanks David for your comments transport was my fav too, seems to be always playing catch up at the moment... :)

I'm not into motor sports, so my favourite is #1. Great processing and whatever that is, it looks quite broken!

Thanks Bernd, motorsports isnt for everyone :). Broken is a sea defense.

Good catch up Nigel, loving your broken image, looks good in B&W and the vignette along with the narrow DoF focus the eye really nicely (y)

Thanks Dean, I was pleased how it came out.

Hi Nigel

Broken - Fits the theme and the mono processing suits it :)
Transport - Why a shoe horn? Seems bang on for the theme to me. Great bit of work with the panning (y)
Minimalistic - I get where you're going with this, but I dunno, maybe the background is a bit cluttered?

Thanks Tim, I wasn't sure about Minimalistic shot and didn't really come out how I had planned hey ho... :).

Nice catchup ... great detail in that bike shot.

thanks David.

Like the thinking behind Progress.....
Further progress would have meant adding a screen protector to your phone too.... ;)

Nice idea behind progress and I like the second insect shot with the ant and the fly

Good catch up.

Progress - I like that I can take the image in a couple of ways. Either progressing from paper to electronic maps or about using maps to get somewhere.
Pleasure - I tried some macro for tiny so can appreciate how tricky it is to get a shot like that. Very nice.
Tiny - I like the idea of the ant and fly but the ant seems a little soft, think overall I prefer the 1st one.

All good stuff Nigel ... and yes, Pleasure in an absolute beaut. (y)

Hi Nigel,

Progress - I too thought it was a cracked screen, so it must be nice & sharp. it's interesting how the white of the paper map is brighter than the white of the on-screen map.
Pleasure / Tiny - Bug shots aren't really my thing, but the macro shot of the sly does seem especially sharp.

Hi Nigel, great catch-up with some striking images.

Progress - good idea with a simple but very effective juxtaposition of a tried and trusty map and modern technology.
Pleasurable - super image with lots of detail in both the fly and the flower, and smooth bokeh in the background.
Tiny - they both feature really tiny insects in interesting settings, and my favourite is the first for the sheer numbers and also the spiders getting involved too.

Hope you stick with your 52 as you're posting some interesting images :)

Like the cocktails, much better on Flickr than here.
Bee is a touch soft for me.

Hi Nigel, and welcome back. My choice is the #2 as just like how the two young ladies are just looking straight at you :)

Thanks Dave, was my preferred shot :).

No.2 and a tighter crop on the sunglasses women....

Tried several crops and this one seemed to work as it's a bit soft for a tight crop.

Got to be the bee flying for graceful for me, great wing blur and you caught just a bit of light in the eye.

Thanks again Dave.

Some smashing macro there Nigel, favourites of the last set are Graceful ... I just love the colour of those flowers, and the bee is captured beautifully, and your last one Fruit, they looks so appetizing, and the sunset in the background is the icing on the cake.

Thanks Susie, was pleased with the cocktail shot.

Like the cocktails, much better on Flickr than here.
Bee is a touch soft for me.

The cocktails shot are the same , they look the same to me so no idea's why they look different.

Bee is a little soft I know but it's catch up time and was the closest shot I had for graceful :).

Back