weekly Thirsty's TP 52 challenge for 2017 - Weeks 43 & 44 Added

I know its the same shot, but it gets compressed on here I think....better detail on Flickr.

I have been rubbish at comments this year and it appears I havae completely missed your thread till now. I have had a look back and there are some great shots, I particularly like the bee for hold. The Church for Architecture has great detail and the cocktails look inviting. I like the colours in Graceful even if it is a bit soft and the sunset in the glasses is a great spot.

Bang on Nigel; they're vehicles alright. I wouldn't fancy getting anything bigger down that street!:)

I have been rubbish at comments this year and it appears I havae completely missed your thread till now. I have had a look back and there are some great shots, I particularly like the bee for hold. The Church for Architecture has great detail and the cocktails look inviting. I like the colours in Graceful even if it is a bit soft and the sunset in the glasses is a great spot.

No worries, I've been rubbish too, far too busy this year :) and thanks for your comments.

Never a shoehorn as a bike is a vehicle, so nice one for getting in :)

Thanks Dave, Wasn't what I really wanted for the topic but as you say it fit I suppose.

Bang on Nigel; they're vehicles alright. I wouldn't fancy getting anything bigger down that street!:)

Thanks John.

Hi Nigel,

Face - The damp doggie is a strong image in itself, but doesn't say Face to me. I'm going to plump for #2, three different faces, two of which are either looking at you or straight through you (I think the latter).
Was this pure street, or is there an element of posing?
Agriculture - Not your obvious/standard 'Cow in a field' shot, and all the better for it.
Graceful - The lilacs are really nice in this shot, the bee pops even though it's not the only thing on the focal plane, because of the contrasting colours.
Fruit - Great angle, love the use of the sun and horizon behind the glasses and teh way you've back lit it. :clap:
Vehicle - Plenty to look at in the shot. I wouldn't gone with the portrait orientation, but I can see why you did.

Fruit is my pick from the catchup :)

Well done for the catch up Nigel! I like graceful for the wider angle which shows off those beautiful flowers as well as the great action shot of the bee (I can never get them in flight as well as this!) But fruit is my absolute favourie with that gorgeous warm light and strong composition - one of those photographs that just makes you want to be there!

Vehicle - not a shoe horn at all varied selection of cycles there. plenty of interest in the whole picture

The cocktails ... irresistible.

The light on the wet dog works to nice effect.

and Vehicle is interesting but I think it would work better without the top half.

Thanks and don't worry I've not been great with my comments either this year :).

Never a shoehorn as a bike is a vehicle, so nice one for getting in :)

Thanks Dave, guess I didn't feel it fitted as I didnt set out to take the shot for that topic just going through recent shots to find some that might fit to catch up :).

Thanks John.

Hi Nigel,

Face - The damp doggie is a strong image in itself, but doesn't say Face to me. I'm going to plump for #2, three different faces, two of which are either looking at you or straight through you (I think the latter).
Was this pure street, or is there an element of posing?
Agriculture - Not your obvious/standard 'Cow in a field' shot, and all the better for it.
Graceful - The lilacs are really nice in this shot, the bee pops even though it's not the only thing on the focal plane, because of the contrasting colours.
Fruit - Great angle, love the use of the sun and horizon behind the glasses and teh way you've back lit it. :clap:
Vehicle - Plenty to look at in the shot. I wouldn't gone with the portrait orientation, but I can see why you did.

Fruit is my pick from the catchup :)

Thanks for the feedback Tim, On face wasn't sure about the dog but there were faces in the background :), the 2nd shot was pure street. Was happy with the fruit shot thou.

Well done for the catch up Nigel! I like graceful for the wider angle which shows off those beautiful flowers as well as the great action shot of the bee (I can never get them in flight as well as this!) But fruit is my absolute favourie with that gorgeous warm light and strong composition - one of those photographs that just makes you want to be there!

Thanks Emma.

Vehicle - not a shoe horn at all varied selection of cycles there. plenty of interest in the whole picture

Thanks.

Vehicle works well for me plenty of vehicles in there

Thanks Allan

I really like Vehicle Nigel but would prefer a closer crop, there's some really interesting detail in that shot, but it's a bit lost.

Thanks Susie, I see your point on the tighter crop.

The cocktails ... irresistible.

The light on the wet dog works to nice effect.

and Vehicle is interesting but I think it would work better without the top half.

Thanks for the comments.

Thats not bad, good idea and I think Id have put the dark belt in the middle and maybe dropped the highlights a tad.

Chocolate is a good idea for piece. But as mentioned, the scratches show, and only one piece (RHS) looks really attractive to me.

The belts .... I like the dots, got a buckle too! but doesn't scream Contrast.

Hi Nigel,

Piece - I have to agree with the comments about the scratches. Seems a bit dark too maybe?
Contrast - Works really well for the theme. No issues with highlights here either and I like the layout, it doesn't scream contrived, whereas putting the black in the middle may have. :)

Piece is a good and simple shot for the theme, like the scratches in the wood :)
Contrast is another nice shot and take on theme Nigel, goes well in mono too using the belts :)

Thanks Dave.

Thats not bad, good idea and I think Id have put the dark belt in the middle and maybe dropped the highlights a tad.

Thanks, the highlights look good to me (and several others :) )

I like the contrasty belts and the highlights look fine to me

Thanks Allan.

Chocolate is a good idea for piece. But as mentioned, the scratches show, and only one piece (RHS) looks really attractive to me.

The belts .... I like the dots, got a buckle too! but doesn't scream Contrast.

Thanks David, Pieces wasn't one of my strongest shots so fair comments :)

Hi Nigel,

Piece - I have to agree with the comments about the scratches. Seems a bit dark too maybe?
Contrast - Works really well for the theme. No issues with highlights here either and I like the layout, it doesn't scream contrived, whereas putting the black in the middle may have. :)

Thanks Tim as I said above pieces was not one of my finest images :), I liked contrast two and tried to make it look natural so think I managed :).

Hi Nigel ....liking the b&w for Contrast, it works really well, not so sure about it for Piece, I love chocolate but it doesn't make me want to eat them.

Thanks Susie, fair comments :).

A nice selection of clean trucks there Nigel and like the water tower in B&W, the tent thing has a nice complimentary curve to it too :)

Thanks Dean, I liked the fact that the polly tunnel also had the curve to set it off for the theme :).

Good clean convoy Nigel nice colours, the water tower in b&w is very nice too, also like the tent with curves in the shot :)

Thanks Dave.

You
I tried mirrors and couldn't get it to work. You've done well, simple and effective

One of your best of late, I like that and the mono works well.....

Water tower loooks familiar.... ;)

That works for me Nigel, and being caught up is a good feeling (y)

Thanks Dean, and certainly feels good being caught up :)

You is a clever shot Nigel, goes well in mono and well done on the catch up :)

Thanks Dave,

You is nice and sharp with good lighting and suits mono

Thanks Chris

Comment catch up, you is nicely done, of the others I like contrast and transport, love the colours in transport, those pastel shades are so nice.

Thanks for the catch up comment Clive :).

You
I tried mirrors and couldn't get it to work. You've done well, simple and effective

Thanks Dominic.

One of your best of late, I like that and the mono works well.....

Water tower loooks familiar.... ;)

Cheers Bro.

They all look spot on for the themes Nigel, I particularly like 'You' that works really well.

Thanks Susie.

Lots of arches there, I might be tempted to crop the cars on the right but then people would probably be saying it's too tight on the right so may be not

Back