Wild This Cheeky Chappie

Name
Margaret
Edit My Images
Yes
View attachment 39959 Holidaying in Scotland in May of this year we were staying in a pine lodge in a very isolated area. As you can see there was a bird feeding station in place which we kept topped up in the hope of seeing the odd bird or two. Imagine our surprise when this cheeky chappie appeared and helped himself to the food. He came every evening for the whole week and even the odd morning. He was not too camera shy either though this was taken through the glass of the patio doors. We named him Pete

Last edited:
I thought Pine Martens were shy and secretive creatures.......that one looks very bold and well used easy meals

When we were in Scotland during last week of May we would have loved to have seen one but alas not! Not even Red Squirrels other than a very brief glimpse :(

Yes, I think he perhaps is a regular visitor to the lodge, I couldn't believe how he just ignored me at the window. We didn't see any red squirrels either this year but I can't complain;)

Had to take a second look..I was expecting the usual..a squirrel. Nice and sharp too. A great experience, not many see one of these. It must have been quite hungry.

I hear that Pine Martins are one of the most unfriendly (i.e. nasty) creatures around. His expression seems to support this! :) Nice.

Steve

Back