This is the 'TripAdvisor' of Nature Photography

Name
Will
Edit My Images
No
The photography workshop and tour industry is booming, but there's no way of knowing whether the experience you're booking to go on is worth the money.

This is why we've created the Photo Travel Hub over at Nature TTL - the largest nature photography resource online. Here you can discover new experiences around the world using our powerful search filters, and read trusted reviews from other photographers like you.

We have a growing collection of wildlife, landscape, macro, and underwater photography workshops. We are not a workshop provider, but instead offer a platform for you to discover worthwhile tours. We also don't take commission, and your booking is made directly with the workshop operator.

hub-1.jpg

You can filter by some of the following things that our readers have said are important to them:
  • Group size
  • Any use of live baiting
  • Level of tuition
  • Fitness level required
  • Disabled access
  • Insurance held by operator
  • and more...
How to use the Hub

Head on over to view our collection of Workshops. You can either enter a keyword into our search bar and pull up relevant workshops, or you can start browsing by category and/or country of destination.

1-1024x380.jpg

Once you've found something you like, you can read all about the workshop on our Hub before deciding if you want to proceed. Like what you see? Click out to the operator's website and make your booking directly with them.

Visit the Nature TTL Photo Travel Hub

I hope you find our platform useful! Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
The world of photography IMO has shifted from selling prints and covering events like a weddings for Pro Togs . Instead they run workshops for half, or full days and week plus excursions to foreign lands.
There are many youtuber pro togs offering workshops with prices ranging from €650 to €1,000 per day !
So if there are other options / companies running workshops which are cheaper than the youtubers I am interested ad I can not afford €1,000 a day !
The Faroe islands are one of the most expensive workshops going as access to views is across private land which has steep access / guide fee, plus getting there and the workshop cost as well !

The world of photography IMO has shifted from selling prints and covering events like a weddings for Pro Togs . Instead they run workshops for half, or full days and week plus excursions to foreign lands.
There are many youtuber pro togs offering workshops with prices ranging from €650 to €1,000 per day !
So if there are other options / companies running workshops which are cheaper than the youtubers I am interested ad I can not afford €1,000 a day !
The Faroe islands are one of the most expensive workshops going as access to views is across private land which has steep access / guide fee, plus getting there and the workshop cost as well !
We have a range of costs listed on our Hub. Definitely I'd say the majority are far below those costs you quoted. Have a browse :) https://www.naturettl.com/hub/

I did the Faroes in 2018 with Tatra, the tutor being Robert Canis - it wasn't a very expensive trip (quite good value if I am honest) but photographically productive in spite of seasonal summer weather there (rain at all different angles).

The Tatra and Robert Canis connection is no more, so I don't know if Tatra are running tours with different tutors now,

The danger of over-relying on this is that you can't rely on animal behaviour - at least hotels and restaurants tend to be reasonably consistent..workshops sell based on their reputation, which can be sullied if the desired animal doesn't make an appearance; the opposite might happen too

For example I paid good money for a hide in February to photograph buzzards, the bait and perch has been quite reliable up to that point - sacrificial bait and good weather but no buzzards came in to land, the first I saw was as I left the site on my way back home...

A second example was a location I visit every year, similar times - late winter/early spring - and accustomed to seeing more or less of the same birds year after year. Some years some species are abundant, then the following year they are nowhere to be seen. I had been accustomed to seeing Bullfinches at the feeding stations for year upon year, and then not for 3-4 years, this year I saw a pair. When I told the owner, he expressed surprise, telling me that bullfinches hadn't been seen in his garden for 3 years; someone came to his hides specifically to shoot this bird only to leave with no images a few days beforehand.

Nature, it's a game of chance... but the review site is good, at least it tells us what we realistically might hope to see (and what else there is).

Back