This morning in the Ogwen Valley

Edit My Images
No
Hello folks!

There hasn't been a great deal of nice light around here the past couple of days but it looked as though this morning might provide a window of opportunity so I was up and out in the Ogwen Valley which is only a 5 minute drive from home.

I've long wanted to shoot beside the Afon Lloer and decided to give it a go this morning. I must say I really struggled with compositions and after the overnight rain the rock was very greasy so my options were limited and these were the best I could come up with!

Still, it was lovely to be out and watch the mountains come to life as the sun rose above a bank of cloud in the East.

As always, thanks for looking :)

The Ogwen Valley - Autumn pre-dawn by Nicholas Livesey, on Flickr

Another day in paradise by Nicholas Livesey, on Flickr

It's good when the light plays the game and gives you something worth shooting, especially if you're up and out early. I like the composition of the first one, but the light in the second one really brings the foreground and background to life and makes it special.

You've found a really beautiful composition with that first one! You can follow the water all the way down to the lake. Gorgeous!

2 is more integrated
your water in 1 is a separate statement
both are winners of course but one must make some observation

in 2 the little bright triangle between the two peaks should be cloned out...it could be mistaken for flare etc...or for that matter it was there anyway for the purist
cheers
geof

A couple of nice landscapes. I prefer the second one and would also clone out the bright triangle as mentioned above.

Nick, I prefer the top one. The composition just seems more harmonious to me. I like the foreground with the flora and I think I'd try to open it up a little there. That would help to emphasise the darkness of Tryfan and Y Garn. I also like the pano format.

In my opinion it just looks like you have tried to cram too much in to No. 2. ..... but it's still good.

Have been visiting these for the past couple of days now and I also prefere #1 lovely composition indeed with that waterfall falling away, will certainly come to life when added with some, livsey light ;)

2 very nice images Nick.

I prefer the second but I do like Tryfan so I guess I am bias. Wish I lived 5 mins away!

Bloomin heck. You make this stuff look easy fella.
Love them both but 2 is a nudge in front for me.Due to that light bringing out the middle ground colours.

Gaz

Struggled with the composition my arse! Beautiful shots.

both are fantastic

Back