Three from a local wander yesterday...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Feeling a little jaded by photography at the moment, I set my alarm for 3am with the intention to drive up to Glencoe for the day. I woke, and just couldn't be bothered, as it would be packed with 'the first snow of the year on the tops', so went back to sleep. When I woke up I decided to just go for a wander locally, about 15 minutes from home (instead of the three hour drive to Glencoe!) and I feel I got more rewarding images doing this than I would have going up to Glencoe and shooting the same old same old...

1. After talking about shutter speeds for waterfalls yesterday in another post, I went over my usual 0.6 second rule for this one....

Gelt Falls by Martin Steele, on Flickr

2. More tree stuff...this little sapling really caught my eye, standing out bright against the darker woodland surrounding it...

The Gelt tree by Martin Steele, on Flickr

3. Even more tree stuff, the colours of the leaves really drew me to this scene, with the gorgeous Scots pines behind just catching some nice soft light...

Coombe Crag by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Thanks for looking! :)

A nice set, I like the second one most

I do like numbers 1 and 3 Definitely worth following your instincts and staying local on this occasion

I don't like the blurred water in #1 (I know that many do). I much prefer the Chestnut leaves in #3

Back