Three from the archives, Lewis, Durness and Glencoe...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Three images from the archives all processed recently...

Traigh Bostadh sunset from 2017. The most incredible sunset I've had the pleasure of witnessing!

Traigh Bostadh by Martin Steele, on Flickr

182 seconds on Sango Sands, Durness...

Sango Sands by Martin Steele, on Flickr

My archives are full of the Buachaille, so it would've been rude not to...

The Buachaille by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Last one for me - just because mountains will always trump the coast by a country mile. If I never saw the sea again - I wouldn't give a s***. If I could never see a mountain again I think I'd be taking a running jump off the Erskine Bridge...

For me the B&W suits your contrast processing style well - there others to me need the blacks dialed back a bit or the shadows lifted a bit more.

Last edited:
Last one for me - just because mountains will always trump the coast by a country mile. If I never saw the sea again - I wouldn't give a s***. If I could never see a mountain again I think I'd be taking a running jump off the Erskine Bridge...

For me the B&W suits your contrast processing style well - there others to me need the blacks dialed back a bit or the shadows lifted a bit more.

stunning...as SFT points out...it has power and attraction
cheers
geof

The last one is very Ansel Adams and a refreshingly different take on what must be the most over photographed mountain in the UK!

Cheers mate. I much prefer the coast personally. I agree on the blacks could be dialled back a bit on theDurness image, not so much so on the Bostadh image. I can't stand when shadows that were in shadows are lifted to the point there is no shadow left in the image. :)

stunning...as SFT points out...it has power and attraction
cheers
geof

Thank you Geof :)

Haha found you!

Last one for me Martin and it looks better weather than when we stopped off there.

Thanks Daryl, it was certainly better than when we were there, but that wouldn't be difficult :)

The last one is very Ansel Adams and a refreshingly different take on what must be the most over photographed mountain in the UK!
Thank you Mark, much appreciated :)

Back