Three from this week in Glencoe

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally summer is here. It's no secret it's my favourite time of year so it was high time I headed out to enjoy the fine weather. It's still a little brown on the Moors so I chose compositions around this.

First up is a lovely little fall on the River Coe - very little light about but the sky was interesting and the trees have finally turned green. Not quite green enough yet for Torren Lochan - some of the folliage still looks a little thin but we are well on our way :D

It was a tad windy so I avoided any long exposures to ensure there was no motion in the tree.

_DSC1612 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Next up - one of the stillest mornings I can ever recall. It would have been perfect for Lochan na h-Achlaise but the brown...yuck. I tend to shoot this bit a lot - the grass turns green here earlier but the sky was too bland low down so my standard composition was a no go. I went further back to another waterpool and got this. These lovely green grasses and still water- joy personified.

_DSC4165 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Another evening and I took another tilt at the River Coe. This time the sky was a little bland but a break of light came through about 90 minutes before sunset.

_DSC1659 - Version 2 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

It was a bit breezy so no long exposure. I waited around for the sunset in the off chance there was some colour - there wasn't but it was lovely and warm and just a joy to be out and about.

1st looks a little soft mid-way back but viewed on Flickr it's completely different, the site is degrading it here.

I’m not keen on the river shots, the composition isn’t clear and it looks a bit drab in my view. I like the reflection shot though, we always want more cloud but actually this works really well with just a bit of wispy stuff. I think that would work well as a print.

I’m not keen on the river shots, the composition isn’t clear and it looks a bit drab in my view. I like the reflection shot though, we always want more cloud but actually this works really well with just a bit of wispy stuff. I think that would work well as a print.

I am ok with them - but I can see your point.

I like the clouds but I envisage this second shot with clouds from an earlier trip.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/glencoe-sunrise-one-from-a-recent-workshop.695709/

I can see the fourth shot in that thread - composed like the reflection in this thread. I was running a workshop so didn't want to faff around trying a composition I hadn't done before with a client keen to move on to another spot. That's one for later this summer :D

Last edited:
Back