Three from today

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Still cold enough for eskimos up here, so limited insects still sadly.

A micro moth landed nearby me and I managed a couple - here's the better one:

1024micromoth.jpg

Then a small parasitic wasp of some kind I think:

1024parawasp.jpg

Then the plant bug made another appearance (will be a different one from the other day of course...) :)

1024plantbug01.jpg

Paul.

Great shots Paul, No 2 for me as im into wasps atm, so many about here too and as its not Eskimo land here that helps.
Move to the SOF and you will be so busy taking photos :D

Three very nice images Paul, with some fine detail. Really like the Plant Bug shot.(y)

George.

It's a pity you are not seeing much Paul, but you're doing well with what you are finding. I particularly like the second and third (but I suspect that although it might have been a fair bit bigger, the first one might have been much the most difficult shot. Speed was of the essence presumably.)

Cheers Nick m8.

The plume moth was awkward as it moved to 4 different locations before I was able to get near enough for a focused shot. The ichneumonid was very small and that too was flighty, though for the one photo of it here, it remained still for maybe 20 or 30 seconds, giving me the time to move in closer and closer until I got the result I wanted. The plant bug was fairly static and not to difficult apart from the nearby foliage having to be moved slowly enough not to make it run back down that stem.

Paul.

Nice set Paul that moth is huge

Move to the SOF and you will be so busy taking photos :D

Do not take his advice there are French people there you know and theres nowt rang with the North of England

Back