Three Peaks Cyclo Cross

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone going?
I've never been with a camera, although I did ride it many, many years ago. (Don't ask, it was embarassing!)
Anyone going, or have any tips to pass on?
I've seen the route and am not really interested in the tarmac sections. I assume the off road bits will be popular, and with limited (or else expensive) car parking.
Not really my normal genre, but it would seem foolish not to have a dabble. After all this rain there is likely to be a lot of mud flying around!

Don't think the riders are too quick but the geography won't help. I'm on phone so can't link route but getting far enough off road for shots then getting back to car, driving, parking and getting back up the hill could be difficult. The field will be comparatively compact until Pen y Ghent but that means parking in Horton! On a Sunday? After 9AM? Not for me:eek:

Google the event and the route is freely available.

Suppose Ribblehead is easiest for access.

Been a tog on this for the last 5 or 6 years. Lots of togs on it as it provides a great subject to photograph within a stunning setting. Horton Scar Lane very popular as you catch the riders both up and down with PYG as a backdrop if you want it to be. Lots of people traffic and other togs on here though but it's a long lane to pick your spot. Check out the map and pick a spot. Motorbike is the best mode of transport for a tog wanting a couple of locations although perhaps 3 are possible. Enjoy being part of a fairly unique and brilliant event, alas I cannot get there this year - enjoy.

Back