Three stacks

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
After a rather awful weekend of blustery wind and having my car window smashed in whilst parked in a nature reserve, i thought i'd try my hand at stacking. The fly was a hand held shot of 9 and the pink/orange back ground was my finger holding it's wings. The second are buttercup reflections from a cob web, about 7 frames i think. And my first little Ruby tailed wasp i caught. This is how i found out how delicate they are and sadly killed it cooling it down in the fridge, thus developing the ice pack method. 49 stacks using Zerene. + MP-E

fly-head by Andy Johnson, on Flickr

dew by Andy Johnson, on Flickr

wasp2 by Andy Johnson, on Flickr

Sorry to hear about the car window. :(

It has been blustery here too, which has made life difficult. Presumably that didn't matter for the first or last, but I'm surprised you were able to get #2. In fact, I'm surprised you could get #1 hand-held, but that is a different issue, to do with it being hand-held. Presumably the fly was dead, or was it another one you caught and cooled down? (Where you are cooling them down, how are you capturing them?)

Anyway, it looks like the stacking is going well and the results are certainly pleasing to my eye. Well done. Nice set.

Tnx Nick. The fly was alive and let him go. I rest the lens on my hand and tilt the camera up gradually taking the shots I need. There's not so much shaking like this. The web was from one of those funnel or tent making spiders so was low to the floor. The wasp was done indoors on a rail.

Back