Three times Lofoten islands

Superb captures and brilliant renditions!

Fabulous set. I particularly like the 3rd - the colour, mill pond sea, reflection, mountains......all very nice and I'm soooo envious as it's one of those places I'd love to visit.

All very different cannot choose a favourite would be framing and hanging on my wall!!!!!

Wonderful.The first one is particularly stunning. Looks like a photographers' paradise.

My favourite is the 3rd. I was on youtube looking at videos about Iceland and such, and I saw some like these. by Daniel. if that was you, they are outstanding

Love that last one. It truly is an outstanding image.

The 1st would work better with a clearer reflection

The second is an excellent shot in all ways but I personally aren't a massive fan of sunsets and rises. I prefer the lighting they bring if that makes sense.

I'm planning on driving to Lofoten next year or the year after

Three stunning images there Daniel.
In No1, I'm drawn to the pinnacles and snow, then the beautiful colours in the water.
No2 is just pure nature captured at its finest.
No3 has the input of man, I'm again drawn to the colours and harmony.
I do favour No3, just for the peaceful setting and timing.

Oh my god. Nearly choked on mi breakfast when I finally when the third image revealed itself.

Fabulous.

Gaz

Three totally different images but all of them are superb. I think I marginally prefer the last one over the others, because of the soft light, the detail in the mountains and the lovely colours in the sky.

Love #3, again this has been on my list for a while, is April a good time to visit? I can never decide.. was thinking March originally.

Just like to add to my previous post. This morning I've been going through your website and it's superb. As you say, you have so much for a photographer on your doorstep and many of the other locations (different countries) you probably drove to. My nephew ,wife/children live in Munich. He's a civil engineer.

Lovely work Daniel, a stunning set, i love each shot for different elements.
No1 Is beautiful, lovely tones, with stunning snow capped peaks typical of Lofoton
No2 Always had a thing for sunbursts and this is an exceptional example and great movement in the water.
No3 Busy shot with so much depth, is just a great shot, with so much to look at.

You have done the area great justice Daniel, I really enjoyed viewing these, a great pleasure, thanks for posting(y)

Lofoton is my favorite place next to Tromso and Alta!

I like them all. It must be a fabulous place but there are surely days/weeks on end where there's very little chance of doing any photography? Wind/rain/cloud?
Yep and lack of Daylight, but on a positive note the sunrises and sunsets are close together!

Thanks a lot guys. I'm glad you like my images. The Lofoten islands are awesome. You can pretty much go there all year long.

All top quality photos so Its a ten from Len ... Well Trev but you know what I mean :)

I do love a blue hour, but the first is a hair too blue for me. The second is one of the best seascape compositions I have seen and the third is just breathtaking.

Last edited:
Great photos Daniel, think I saw the first on 500px a couple of weeks ago and liked it already. Would love to visit there myself one day.

Dan

A beautiful set. I can't pick a favourite, I think number 1 edges it.

Fantastic images! I can't pick a favourite. Lofoten is definitely on my list of places to visit.

Lovely images I especially like the movement captured in the second

Back