Thurne Dyke Drainage Mill reflection

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely shots!!

Both extremely pleasurable! (y)(y)(y)

You're making me yearn for winter again. Summer's okay but I've hardly done any landscape stuff for ages. I have to say the second is my favourite. I love the subtle colours, the light on the building and the sharpness of its reflection. The reeds in the foreground remind me of a winter sunrise shoot I did at my local reservoir at about -7C, then home for coffee and it's still not mid morning.

Lovely shots!!

Thanks Gil

Both extremely pleasurable! (y)(y)(y)
(y)

Brilliant photos. I love Norfolk, I take a trip up there yearly.
Cheers Will

You're making me yearn for winter again. Summer's okay but I've hardly done any landscape stuff for ages. I have to say the second is my favourite. I love the subtle colours, the light on the building and the sharpness of its reflection. The reeds in the foreground remind me of a winter sunrise shoot I did at my local reservoir at about -7C, then home for coffee and it's still not mid morning.

Thanks Jan, roll on winter.

the clutter round the mill is distracting in the first shot but the second one is simply drop dead gorgeous

Many thanks Ian. I couldn't move the boats and other rubbish, but I do agree its rather scruffy around that area including a couple of ugly gas bottles :(

The tones in #2 really appeal to me. Very, very tranquil.

I don't mind the reads but any from a similar POV without them?

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, I'll dig one out Andy

I'd love to own the house!!

Lovely images Paul the second is my fave the tones are lovely the clutter is not ideal in the first but not that bad and it shows usage today

No.2 is beautiful with those soft pastel tones.
Definitely s wall hanger sitting right there!

Hardly been out with the camera latterly so here's a couple more from a few months ago on a chilly sunrise shoot at Thurne, Norfolk. Quite a busy location that morning, but the pastel colours during the first hour was just magical.
Cant wait for those cold morning and more realistic sunrises to come around again :)

Thurne Dyke Drainage Mill reflection by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Pre-dawn St Benet's mill,Thurne by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr
Definitely one of the better Photos i have seen on this forum, beautiful photo of a beautiful scene on a beautiful day, wish more togs on here would copy your lead , this second picture is just amazing..

Last edited:
I'd love to own the house!!

It would be lovely to own that one, that's for sure.

Lovely images Paul the second is my fave the tones are lovely the clutter is not ideal in the first but not that bad and it shows usage today
Thank you Alf.

No.2 is beautiful with those soft pastel tones.
Definitely s wall hanger sitting right there!

Appreciate the kind words Stuart, the sky was changing throughout the sunrise with lovely soft colours.

Definitely one of the better Photos i have seen on this forum, beautiful photo of a beautiful scene on a beautiful day, wish more togs on here would copy your lead , this second picture is just amazing..

Kind words Boon, thank you.

I think both are great with two my favourite. Although there's something about the reeds which draws my eye towards them as I look around the photo trying to focus on the other subjects. That's my only slight critique.

The first image is exceptional. Landscape photography at it's very best if you ask me. One thing I'd have taken the poles on the left out with a crop or change in position

I find the colours in two a bit pushed and the composition a little fussy. The reflection and the mill is the shot

Last edited:
Two lovely shots makes me want go back there I will have to wait till next Easter before I'm go there again

I think both are great with two my favourite. Although there's something about the reeds which draws my eye towards them as I look around the photo trying to focus on the other subjects. That's my only slight critique.

Thanks Joel, I know what you mean about the reeds but I just couldn't get high enough for a little separation.

The first image is exceptional. Landscape photography at it's very best if you ask me. One thing I'd have taken the poles on the left out with a crop or change in position

I find the colours in two a bit pushed and the composition a little fussy. The reflection and the mill is the shot
Cheers Steve, appreciate your comments.

Two lovely shots makes me want go back there I will have to wait till next Easter before I'm go there again

Always worth a trip during the winter if you get a chance..

Back