Thurne - just after sunrise

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Not been out with the camera much for a few weeks and found myself looking through some old images in Lightroom. Found one from a trip to Norfolk last year that I hadn't processed.

One of the wind pumps at Thurne - the sun had been up for around 10 minutes.

Golden by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:

Brilliantly evocative shot, Dave, very dreamy! (y)

This is very nice! The soft pastel colours and early morning lighting do the scene justice.

I would be slightly tempted to clone out the boat mast (i think thats what it is anyway) to give a cleaner composition

Very nice shot Sir, beautiful soft light and colours with good composition.(y)

"Agree with Stuart about that boat mast etc"

George.

Thanks Chaps - I tried it with and without the mast - I preferred it with it in.

It reminded me that the river was there, is catching the light nicely, but didn't stand out and take the eye from the mill. It almost balances the mill for me.

But - I understand these things are very subjective :)

Dave.

The lovely soft and pastel colour ads a different take on the pump. wall hanger mees think.

Very nice Dave the light on the reeds and the side of the windmill is lovely, leads you around nicely.I like the mast in it just adds enough interest in the shot,as you say it does almost balance the image.(y)

I like that one mate, really subtle gradients then contrasted against the golden reeds on the left. With the pump looking like its rising out of the mist, very nice!(y)

It's a belter, I really like it. I would tend to agree about the mast though as the darker lead line tends to lead my eye past the gorgeous windmill and to the mast itself. Without the mast, the eye would be lead to the windmill by that line IMO. I agree though, it's very subjective and I wouldn't mind this image being mine and if it was, it would be on my wall! (y)

Really nice atmospheric Thurne shot Dave.

Love the dreamy processing, especially in the foreground. The only thing that I would like if the mill was a tad more neutral on the shaded side, a lot of red saturation has bled into it.

Back