Tiger cubs at work rest and play

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
OK So I can understand the glass viewing area being cordoned off, to stop kids ( of all ages) banging on the glass,
but half the access path to the lower area as well?
It means shooting through mesh that is already at an angle, and shooting about 45 degrees, through it!
Its not easy especially with the sun on the now silver colour (was black) mesh !

Anyway enough excuses, just be prepared if you visit.

Feeding time

129A4125
by Chris, on Flickr

Barff time

129A4096
by Chris, on Flickr

This one is gonna be trouble, it was forever running off

129A4118
by Chris, on Flickr

Cute Eh?

129A4127
by Chris, on Flickr

Already the serious predator ( and why not practice on your siblings?)

129A4103
by Chris, on Flickr

It had to be done, didn't it? :D

129A4121
by Chris, on Flickr

Great set, shame about the mesh and restrictions being necessary :(

Great set, shame about the mesh and restrictions being necessary :(
Cheers Roger :)
And yes its real shame, that they ( had to close) closed most of it off :(

They came out great, Chris, given that fence!
The last has to be my favourite.
The little "roar" (aka squeek) is precious.

They came out great, Chris, given that fence!
The last has to be my favourite.
The little "roar" (aka squeek) is precious.
Thanks Ruth (y)
You can't beat a good gob shot, even if the animal concerned is in training :D

what wastes the shots is you can see the mesh in your shots
pity

I'd rather have a fence between me and Mum than not! Unless there was a nice, wide moat instead. Zoo shots will always show the enclosure so I manage to ignore any fencing and concentrate on the subject rather than background/way OOF fencing.

I'd rather have a fence between me and Mum than not! Unless there was a nice, wide moat instead. Zoo shots will always show the enclosure so I manage to ignore any fencing and concentrate on the subject rather than background/way OOF fencing.
Cheers Nod (y)
I'm sure ( hoping anyway) they'll open the path up again, so "we" can get to the viewing ( glass) area, for a cleaner shot
or at least get straight on, rather than some oblique angle as it is at present.

Lovely set - great gob shot on the last ;)

They actually opened the lower path for us at the very end of the day a few weeks ago. Member of staff got on his walkie talkie to request it and whoever he was speaking to said yes.

great gob shot on the last ;)
:D

They actually opened the lower path for us at the very end of the day a few weeks ago.
I guessed something like that, from the angle of your images, there were 2 barriers when I was there, one "tape" near the glass and a more rigid one where the paths divide... you Lucky so and so :D
I was there till chucking out time, and no one came near nor offered to open up the barrier :(
Still there will be other times, as its "only down the road" for me :)

Thanks for stopping by Fi (y)

Last edited:
Back