Tiger, Tiger....

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't put any pics up for a while so here's a couple from Paradise Wildlife Park last week.
As always C+C very welcome....

PWP November 2015-22-Edit.jpg

PWP November 2015-66.jpg

PWP November 2015-73-Edit.jpg

PWP November 2015-75-Edit-Edit.jpg

#2 for me, with the young bamboo is just majestic…
and the only one presenting a mature rendition!

I agree, #2 is lovely. They have a nice wintery feel to them.

The last one looks a bit brown at the bottom and quite noisy too. Not sure what's gone on there?

For me #2 and #3 are the better shots. Nice and punchy - just the right amount of contrast. #1 is a bit too blown for my liking and #4 looks a bit hazy/lacking contrast.

All of them look nice and sharp. Did they not look good in colour or was it just what you liked/fancied doing?

#2 for me, with the young bamboo is just majestic…
and the only one presenting a mature rendition!

Thank you. Not quite sure what a "mature rendition" is though?

I agree, #2 is lovely. They have a nice wintery feel to them.

The last one looks a bit brown at the bottom and quite noisy too. Not sure what's gone on there?

For me #2 and #3 are the better shots. Nice and punchy - just the right amount of contrast. #1 is a bit too blown for my liking and #4 looks a bit hazy/lacking contrast.

All of them look nice and sharp. Did they not look good in colour or was it just what you liked/fancied doing?

Thanks for the comments. The last one has a textured layer on top that I was experimenting with. I quite liked the effect but agree that it looks odd if you didn't know that.
The colour versions were ok and I have processed a couple of these as colour shots but I have a bit of a B&W fetish at the moment. I might grow out of it one day :)

Not quite sure what a "mature rendition" is though?

Hi Phil,
a mature rendition is a well thought, no gimmick, and
properly balanced PP to produce a very appealing image.

I can see that you tried many approaches with these images
but one, #2, you succeeded much better IMO than the others.

#2 is the mature one because it reaches to most people and
triggers the most pleasure.

Last edited:
Thank you. 2 and 4 were probably my personal favourites. 2 because of the composition and 4 for the direct eye contact.

Back