Tillys 52 for 2017 Week 52 Weather

Thanks Dave. I hadn't noticed that thanks for pointing it out. It does look like there is someone in the background, not that I saw anyone one else around while I was shooting. They had either been there a while or it is a ghost, spooky stuff :)

Welcome to the 52, good find for the theme, as others have said definitely worth looking at larger on flickr,, may be next time embed a larger version in here.

Thanks Chris, I'm never really sure what size image to put in a post, any advice on tis would be appreciated

Hi Tilly ... & welcome.

Nice, unusual Arch. Good detail and angle. (y)

Welcome to the 52 Tilly.
Thats a lovely Arch, but I would have preferred a more central and straight on shot if Im honest.....

Welcome to the 52
It's a good start, the arch works well at a slight angle.
When I upload the BB code from Flickr, I use *large* image size.

Thanks guys

You did well getting them all stood there together, good idea for the theme and it works really well with that crop.

Thanks Chris, it's a shame I couldn't get them all looking at the camera but that's kids for you :)

Clever shot, but I would have liked to see them spaced equally under the branch, plus the lad on the LH side has already got bored of you and is looking elsewhere, lol.

For some reason, this won't open on Flickr for me.
I like the idea, it works really well.
Don't they say never work with kids:D
it's a shame I couldn't get them all looking at the camera but that's kids for
The colours look a little washed out.

Thanks for the comments guys. Your right Dom the colours do look a bit washed out. It was quite dark in the woods so I kept having to change camera settings and I'm still learning how it all works to be honest. I'm off work tomorrow so plan on going out and practicing taking shots in different light levels to learn more about how the camera works

Thanks for the comments guys. Your right Dom the colours do look a bit washed out. It was quite dark in the woods so I kept having to change camera settings and I'm still learning how it all works to be honest. I'm off work tomorrow so plan on going out and practicing taking shots in different light levels to learn more about how the camera works

Do you shoot RAW and what PP do you use ?

No I don't shoot RAW Mark. Does PP stand for Post Processing? Sorry I'm new to all this. Since posting the shot in this thread I've also posted it in the Talk Post Processing and Image Editing section to get advice the subject. The thread is called First try at editing and after getting some advice from a few members I've improved the final image. Feel free to have a look guys

Display - well thought out shot. If you ever find a way to get more than one child looking the same way at the same time let me know, mine are grown and I still only get one or the other ;)

Thanks for the comments guys, I'd taken my camera in the hope I would find something for the theme and if not just to have a practice. Luckily we walked past this and the idea came into my head. Guess it was one of those right place right time moments :)

Display of Strength .... priceless. (y)

a levels or curves tweak to lower the exposure might be an idea.

Glad you like it David. Thanks for the suggestions on exposure and levels

Hi Tilly,

Welcome to the 52.

Arch(ing) - Interesting arch. the way it's on the hill makes it look odd, but you've got all the verticals right, so it's a good representation of it. Not seeing Dave's ghost.

Display - hehe, very good. Works well and you've managed to get some eye contact too (can't have been easy herding those particular cats).

Good choice for the theme and an interesting sculpture, it's always hard photographing these things and avoiding distraction backgrounds.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's a sculpture of the nails they used to make in the village across the valley from mine so I drive past it all the time. The shot was taken from a carpark so getting a good angle took some work. Thanks for the advice on changing the aperture of the shot, I'll have another go at it when I get chance and see if I can improve the shot

Back