weekly Tillys 52 for 2018 Week 29 Round

Sharp the second shot is much better for the theme I like you lego photographer.
Abundance - I like the low PoV and the Snow drops stand out among purple of the crocuses very pretty
Heavy - Wow what a strong boy lifting that huge rock up. a fun shot and spot on for the theme I like it.

Week 11 Wet
When the theme was posted this was what came to mind first and what I've stuck with. I wouldn't have minded getting a shot of the Mirror Pool in Bradford's Centenary Square but I haven't had chance to get there this week.
I was told off by town centre security for taking pictures there but that just made me smile as I'd already got the shots I needed.
Wet by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Nice capture Tilly - and you braved the wrath of the security, to get it. That's dedication

Well done for getting the shot, good bright colours and bang on theme.

Heavy ... nice exposure, good colour and detail.

and Wet, I like very much. perfect low POV with another sign OOF in the BG. (y)

Heavy - nice image, good detail and colour.
Wet bang on theme even with no visible water. Big thumbs up for risking the jobs worth security guard.

Pete

Wet - Works well glad you didn't get into too much trouble with security, nice low PoV

Hi Tilly,

Heavy - I can't help thinking it's a shame about the sky. But with the weather recently, not much you can do about it without faking it. Nice that you've even managed to capture eye contact.
Wet - The bright yellows stand out nicely against the background. Perhaps a bit tightly framed at the top (but perhaps no other options?).

Hi Tilly,

Wet - The bright yellows stand out nicely against the background. Perhaps a bit tightly framed at the top (but perhaps no other options?).
I had to frame it right at the top as the entrance to that famous coffee shop drew your eye away from the intended subject

That's a fun shot for Heavy - well seen and your editing is spot on; I would never have guessed (y) Wet works well for me because of the limited colours and the overall dominance of the bright yellow. In view of the background and possible distractions, I think you've done well to minimise them and concentrate the eye on the sign and buckets.

Week 12 Juxtaposition & Re-shoot
Found this one a bit tricky as I couldn't thing of anything to shoot for Juxtaposition, stupid big words lol. I ended up getting a shot of new and old, whether this is on theme or not I don't really know but its what I've got. It's a shot of Leeds Holy Trinity Church and Leeds Trinity shopping centre. For my re-shoot I chose Gate as I didn't really like my original, I like this shot a lot more.
Juxtaposition by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr
Gate Re-shoot by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Wet is a simple but effective idea for the theme.

Your Juxta shot is very nicely composed, but the clock tower looks like its about to fall over .....

Last edited:
It needs the perspective fixing a little and the van bottom left is a pity but definitely on theme the reshoot could do it’s a little more on the bottom but good use of DoF

Wet - but not any more - clever and good colours
Juxtaposition - A slight perspective correction in post would help but old and new fits theme.

Hello Craig,

Wet: good idea for theme, good colours that came out very well.
Juxtaposition: I like the sky very much in this photo, and photo is good exposure to my eyes.
Reshoot: like this the best, good focus on hinge.

Walter

Nice one for wet Craig. Shame about the "jobsworth" Someone should really explain the term Public Space to these guys
Juxta; as others have said a bit of perspective adjustment would stop the church falling over.
Nice focus on the rust in the re-shoot. Agree a bit more space at the bottom would make it even better

Hi Tilly,

Juxtaposition - It certainly fits the theme, but the distortion takes away from the shot for me.
It is something you can (indeed, most of the time have to) fix in post, but it would need a much wider shot to allow it to be done without cropping out a lot of the image. Of course, looking at the exif, you were as wide as you could go anyway...

Re-shoot : Gate - Nice bit of texture captured on the old hinge. A little vertical correction would help this too imo, as it feels like it leans to the left.

The gate hinge I like. Good & sharp on the rust. (y)

It's all been said about juxtaposition, rust is always a lovely rich colour, perhaps just a little tight at the bottom

Your juxtaposition doesn't work for me I'm afraid. Too distorted, not ideal light and too busy in the foreground...

But I like your re shoot very much, perfect DoF and great texture and colours!

Thanks for the comments and the advice guys

Week 13 Oval
Took this shot with my new lens, a Canon EF 75-300mm II USM which I got last week for £49. I fancied a lens with a bit more reach than my Tamron 55-200mm so thought I'd give this one a try.
Oval by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Last edited:
The new lens has done a good job ;) well seen and the light is good.

I like it! The way it fits the frame, and pleasing soft BG brickwork. (y) ... uprights are good too.

Thanks guys. I would have liked to have the dish more in the corner of the image but there was another one above it and the wall to the left finished so I couldn't zoom out anymore. I like how it looks though

Oval

The black against the brickwork works well and I don't mind the drainpipe.

Last edited:
Thanks Dom, when I look at it I feel the drainpipe as something to the image. That could just be me though :).
I'm impressed with how good the lens is for how little it cost Tim. I got a lens for my Canon AE-1 Program at the same time and I got 50% of it. It was only £10 to stast with bit all the same I was happy to get any discount. I do love going to West Yorkshire Camera's, well apart from how easy it is to pay with my money lol

Great shot of a Sky dish, nicely composed, great colours and excellent DoF (y)

Juxtaposition - the old an new work well for the theme but as has been said needs straightening.
Oval - it stands out well from the brick work good dof

Heavy - a very nicely taken image with lovely colours and contrast, i would say worth the walk on mothers day to capture that.
Wet - i think the image speaks for itself.
juxta - the connection between old and new works for me, I can see the differences and well done for having a go at it.
re shoot - not sure this one is really jumping out at me sadly.
Oval - nice and simple fits the theme, good capture from the new lens.

Week 14 Straight
This is a bridge going over the beck that flows through my village.I took several shots from different angles and distances but this is the one I liked the most. It's a shame about the handrail on the left but that's health and safety for you :)
Staight 2 by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. I took the shot with my new Canon 28-80mm IV lens and I'm happy with how it l looks.

Back