weekly Tillys 52 for 2018 Week 29 Round

Not convinced that’s the best angle but as you said you tried a few will take your word for it

Week 15 Unattractive
Took this shot last Friday outside Leeds Corn Exchange after a trip to West Yorkshire Cameras to get the lens used here. I couldn't believe how a national icon could be turned into something so unattractive. I spent the week looking for something more unattractive but haven't really found anything.
Unattractive by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Well, it's not the 90s anymore, everybody has a mobile phone... but the cash machine has seen better days, so it's on theme!

Phonebox cash machine, I think is an excellent idea. :D

You've been busy since my last visit!

Juxtaposition - ideal scene and subject for the theme. The perspective needs correcting a bit as the buildings at the edge are leaning in but the central area shows the contrast you were looking for.
Gate reshoot - lovely colour and use of DOF to draw the eye straight to the rusty hinge. It could probably use a little bit more room at the bottom, but I do like the way the focus is falling off along the line of railings in the background (y)
Oval - good idea for the theme and you've put the new lens to good use to capture plenty of detail in the dish itself but throw the background slightly out of focus.
Straight - it's definitely full of straight lines. I might have tried a view straight across the bridge but you probably tried that and it didn't work for some reason. Nice colourful scene, too.
Unattractive - It fits the theme for me. A pretend phone box just seems a bit grim and I don't like it, so I agree with you! :eek:

Good find for the theme, they have made the phone box look a bit of a mess

Thanks for the comments guys

Hi Tilly,
Straight - What handrail?
26576452117_ea03ea69cc_s.jpg
Sorry, but as your setting is "Edit my images - Yes" I had to have a play :)
It can be a pain angles you want, and finding that how you want to see it cannot be achieved.

Unattractive - That's a clever idea, not seen that done before, but an existing box will have power and connectivity, so why the hell not.

Hey Tim, I like the editing you've done to get rid of the handrail

Nicely on theme Tilly. Looks like a giant cocktail stirrer; now that I would like to see:D
Would be an interesting night with cocktails that size :)

Thought I recognised the place was there about a year ago, nicely on theme

Lovely shadow of, erm, summat :)

It's a paddle of some sort I think

You've got a shadow, and you've got everyone wondering what that thing is. o_O

Hey Tim, I like the editing you've done to get rid of the handrail
No probs, it was just a quick 5 minute play. I'm sure you could do better if you gave it a go and spent some time on it.

Shadow - Interesting thing that you've shot there. It works for the theme, has interest and even has a leading line that leads to something.

Whatever this is, it has a nicely shaped shadow! Nice colours all around in a well composed photo (y)

Thanks for all the comments guys

Straight - nice little bridge and good movement in the water.
Unattractive - What a clever idea not the most attractive out come I agree, but I like the re-purposing idea behind it.
Shadow - Interesting object and it stands out well from its surroundings

Tilly

Juxapostion, nice on theme image, shame about the Post Office van and it in gerneral it does not appear level, see building on right, about half way up, the horizontal line needs to be horizontal. The verticals are not going to be vertical as the lens is pointing up. I can detect some pin chusioning, which can be corrected br using lens profiles in lightroom or camera raw.

Gate reshoot, nice Image with the rust colours. DOF is difficult on shots like these, is more better?

Oval, the new lens is working. Not a very attractive oval, but they are a fact of life and are just as bad as the TV aerials they replace.

Straight, Another new lens doing its job.Fits the Theme very well with all the straight railings.

Unattractive - fits the theme and I'm sure someone will be along soon with a JCB to remove it all, cash included.

Shadow - I like this one, the shadow is there. Maybe better to include the top of that 1st lamp post thing.

Pete

Week 17 Beautiful
Had a hard time with this theme as I couldn't think of anything to at take a shot of. I'd got the point of taking a picture of a pint of beer lol. As I was already late posting for the theme I headed into the garden to find something and this was the result.
Beautiful by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Great minds think alike Tilz, I love blossom against a rich blue sky......and apple blossom not only smells nicer than cherry, its more deatiled too....

Thanks for the comments guys

Week 18 Low
Got this shot while at Otley park with my daughter of water moving to a lower level. I would have like to have tried to get a shot from further to the right to compare the images but didn't have chance. Luckily for me I'm often over in Otley so I'll have another chance to see how it looks. It's a shame about the tree on the right, I'll have to pack the axe next time too lol
Low by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back