weekly Tilly's 52 for 2020 Week 15 Snappers Choice and 16 First Initial

Great processing and right on theme!

Week 13 Flora
I wanted to have a go at something different for the theme so I got out the macro tubes and had a play. I went out into the garden but couldn't find anything that I really liked so this is a shot of the artificial bouquet my wife had on our wedding day. I added the b&w split tone in Lightroom because I prefered the warmer look of the image

Week 13 Flora by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely macro.. great detail in the textures and nicely lit.

Lots of detail and I like the the idea of the split toning too Craig.

Thanks for the nice comments guys, I'm glad people liked it. If thought about trying more macro shots a while ago but never got around to it. I might have to look into getting a tripod rail again what with not being allowed out much and see what else I can find to practice on

Lovely detail and contrast Tilly.
Lovely macro.. great detail in the textures and nicely lit.
Lots of detail and I like the the idea of the split toning too Craig.
Nicely different Tilly
Very nice and well executed :)
Thanks for the nice comments guys, I'm glad people liked it. I'd thought about trying more macro shots a while ago but never got around to it. I might have to look into getting a tripod rail again what with not being allowed out much and see what else I can find to practice on

Great textures and well lit! And in these times of crisis that counts as floral!

Week 14 Time
This shot is of the bell that used to be in one of the mills in my village. When they knocked the mill down they put the bell on the village green. I've always liked the texture of the bell and thought it would make a nice image. I would have liked to get all the writtng on the bell in shot but there's a bush just to the right that i felt would have spoilt the final image and I like the light is on the right of the bell. I'd planned to convert the image to b&w but the bell didn't stand out enogh for my liking so I left it in colour
Week 14 Time by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Interesting idea for time Craig It works as it is.

Nice idea for the theme and I like the angle you've taken it from. I like the background history too.

I assume it was something to do with shifts or breaks, I don't remember ever being told it's exact use

Great textures on the bell! Works very well!

Week 15 Snappers Choice & Week 16 First Initial
For Snappers Choice I thought I'd head into the garden and have a play with the macro tubes. I got a few shots i liked but there was something about this one that stood out to me for some reason. Glad I got a shot of it before I pulled it up while weeding the garden.
Week 15 Snappers Choice by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr
Went for a walk today with my family so was looking for something begining with C and luckily walked along the Canal so I had plenty of options. I got a few I lkied of the sheep and ducks but I liked this one most.
Week 16 First Initial by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Hi Tilly,
Snappers Choice - Nicely framed by the grass.
Initial - Interesting. The angle of your shot makes the canal look like a lake, I guess as you can't see both banks.
This is my preference of the two shots (not that they are competing images).

Snappers choice, I'm not sure why but I really like that.

Snapper's Choice. An unusual way to show a Dandelion and I like the way you've done it.
Initial. I think I'd have cropped out some of the foreground water or gone wider and included the near bank.

Snapper's choice - the portrait format and framing leaves work well with the closed dandelion

Snappers choice is a lovely capture... the colour and detail are great.
The canal shot does need something to lead the eye... perhaps crop in on the tree a little more where the ducks are?

Back