Tilting at windmills...

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, not really. Just curious if these work, especially the 2 with unusual angles. I know which one I prefer, but I'd like to see some opinions.

Cheers,

Rob.

windmill11.jpg

windmill2.jpg

windmill31.jpg

Last edited:
There is no harm in using odd angles looking at structures. In this case No1 works very well although I would also liked to have seen this done in portrait too.

Thanks for looking MM :).

So when you say portrait, do you mean cropping some of the windmill out, or putting more blue sky in? 1 was my favourite too, btw.

I like the first, the best. Could with some clouds in the sky though.

I think they are too dark and the colours too strong. There is some banding in #2 & #3 in the sky and artifacts in all of them caused I suspect by over processing.

Thanks for the comments guys. I can see the banding now you mention it. Interestingly all I did was resize them - so I guess I need to look at how I did that, and maybe sharpen them a bit.

I like the symmetry in #2 the best. If there had been some clouds it probably would of added a bit more to the shot but you cant really control that!

Not sure if these are my bag to be honest. Would prefer to see a more standard approach to the location.

Gary.

I think you will definitley benefit from looking at your resize/compression method. #2 is only around 18k, you could really get away with around 10x that! At 800px at the longest side you should be able to save at 100% quality without huge file sizes.

#3 The light was against you in that 1, If that side was getting the light you would have been able to get much more detail. But you can't control the sun and no doubt from the other side there will have been no branches to frame it with :)

I like the blue, actually, particularly in #1. And the angle's really unusual and interesting, so that shot's my favourite.

The actual image quality seems to be very low and noisy around the edges of the subject. I like the content though, good job.

The actual image quality seems to be very low and noisy around the edges of the subject. I like the content though, good job.

I'm not certain, but I think that's .JPG compression, isn't it?

Back