Time to reflect

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Another image made on New Years morning. Another cliche shot really, but it was too nice to resist...

Time to reflect by Martin Steele, on Flickr

I like it but prefer an even amount of reflections and subject.

The reflected part of the tree is cut off. It might be cropping but with this sort of thing getting it all evened up matters. Tripod to be about waist hieght and level on both axis

That said it’s a nice enough example of that spot but the NY shot was much better

Last edited:
I like it but prefer an even amount of reflections and subject.

The reflected part of the tree is cut off. It might be cropping but with this sort of thing getting it all evened up matters. Tripod to be about waist hieght and level on both axis

That said it’s a nice enough example of that spot but the NY shot was much better

It's composed like that otherwise you got the bland white sky and top of the fell in the reflection right above the top of the reflected tree and it looked awful. I much prefer it like this anyhow, 50/50s don't work for me.

Everyones entitled to an opinion, therefore in my opinion the image looks more professional as it is and wouldn't look as effective if mirrored.
Its knowing how and when less is more.

Last edited:
Love this shot. At first I thought I would up the blacks but the softness enhances the misty quality.

Very late to comment, but just shown up on home page.
What a cracking gentle image, very enjoyable.
As to the cut off or not reflection, does not bother me and its not another reflection shot as it stands, I like your composition.

Love this shot. At first I thought I would up the blacks but the softness enhances the misty quality.
Thank you Helen :)

Very late to comment, but just shown up on home page.
What a cracking gentle image, very enjoyable.
As to the cut off or not reflection, does not bother me and its not another reflection shot as it stands, I like your composition.
Thank you Alan :)

Back